Used 2011 Ford Edge SEL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Problems with snycmyride but it's working now
By bowlingroach

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the Edge for two years. I have yet to get 27 mpg on the highway BUT it seems the gas mileage gets better all the time. It started (using what the vehicle's posting) at 18 mpg and it is up to 21.4 mpg with mostly city driving. I had an issue with the syncmyride - my dealership manager worked with me to make sure it was corrected - I had to get another phone before it worked correctly BUT then after the computer was updated that phone did not work! Then Ford said to look at the list of phones that were compatible with the car. And lo and behold after I bought the compatible phone it has been smooth sailing every since. My phones were all basic phones so the costs were minimal.

Favorite Features

syncmyride - directions, calling features; ipod connection with usb; handling in traffic

Suggested Improvements

Because only complaint with the car was the syncmyride feature. Ford should tell buyers upfront that their cell phones may not be compatible with the car -- and show them where to go find out that information -- it will save a lot of aggravation.

40 K and going strong
By bobmilan

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our Edge is 13 months old and has over 44K miles due to mix of family and business use. Very happy on both long trips and short. Overall mileage is 26+ mpg with 28+ on long drives - impressive. I agree that the ride is a bit harsh, but glad for solid handling when needed for avoidance or quick turns. Glad that I bought extended warranty coverage considering recent reviews but I still hold hope of getting $$ back if not used. Synch phone service works well as does I-phone podcast replays. Agree that system is not ideal, but upgrade has helped. Now pretty intuitive.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, V6 responsiveness and comments from friends impressed by styling. Reliability is perfect so far.

Suggested Improvements

Ride is a bit harsh on bumps but solid on highway. Soften one and don't lost the other. Better front legroom for a 6'5" owner.

Good looking car, A/C and entertainment system not good
By togden

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great design, nice leather, great panaramic sunroof. Negatives: entertainment system lacking, radio volume either very low or too loud, no setting for in between. A/C lacking, either at full blast or too low, and blowing right on your or off. A/C resets to Low 60 degrees every time we start a new trip. What happened to resuming my desired settings?

Suggested Improvements

better entertainment system, better A/C and adjustable vents.

Good, but....
By 123max

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned the vehicle for over 1 year in the Republic of Panama. Itīs very nice to drive and have a reasonable fuel consumption, considering a 3.5 V-6 engine. Unfortunately the dealers in Panama are not making noticeable efforts to improve post sale service which will make any excellent manufactured vehicle a nightmare soon or later despite the fact that the vehicle sensors are there to advise when maintenance is due.

Favorite Features

Powerful, smooth drive and reasonable fuel consumption.

Suggested Improvements

Improve post sale service offered by dealers.

Don't buy, Sync system is worthless!
By koakai

2011 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Went from an older BMW X3 to the Edge and now regret it! I've never been a fan of American cars and this is the first one I purchased in nearly 20 years. While I realize the Ford won't have the same performance as my BMW, I was intially impressed by the overall look of the Edge and lured in by the technology. The Sync and navigation system is virtually useless since I bought it six months ago and now being told there's nothing the dealer can do until Ford issues an another update. I've given up using all the features you see touted in the commericals because they don't work or work properly most the time. Do Not Buy a vehicle with Microsoft Sync!

Favorite Features

Exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Dump Microsoft Sync!