2011 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Very Happy with Ford Edge
By rtp_owner on 10/24/12 01:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a 2011 Ford Edge - for gas mileage we went from a 2007 Suburban (great but thirsty) to a 2009 Mariner (OK on gas but no go) to the Edge. Did not realize Edge was so heavy, but appreciated how solid it was. Great car. No issues whatsoever. Bought low end FWD model. No touch screen etc. Cloth seats were warm in winter so seat heater no missed. Little bit of hesitation on times at acceleration but really strong engine. Brakes were solid and steering was also OK. Climate control worked well. 30,000 miles and only routine oil changes. Zero mechanical issues at all. Did not tow with the car but don't think it would have been an issue. Highly recommend the Ford Edge.

Ford Service is a Joke
By calcarnut on 10/25/11 20:13 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Edge SE 4 weeks ago and have put 1K miles on it. I switched the headlights to "auto" and the first time it activated the driver side low beam popped. I brought the Edge into the dealer. Going on day 3 and they still have not been able to locate the bulb. They gave me a Nissan Altima as rental replacement as they are keeping my vehicle until it's repaired - for a headlight bulb.

Lovin' the Edge!!
By slammersa on 07/14/11 19:48 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

WAS a big GM Fan - after having several broken hearts over my beloved Bravada (left me stranded in Texas w/80k miles), mid life crisis Camaro (97k miles) and finally my cute little Chevy Colorado (for garden work). I joined my husband on the Ford bandwagon. We traded in my '07 Colorado (snifff) for this VERY NICE 2011 Ford Edge!!! The second I drove the Edge off the lot I fell in Love!!! XOXOXOX The Edge handles beautifully - with the rubber mat in the back I have plenty of room for trips to the Farmers market and garden store, and it's great on long trips. Hubby even likes riding in the passenger side - he can kick back with plenty of room to spare!

Great Car
By jbrtp on 05/20/11 18:32 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Went from 2007 to 2009 mariner to save gas - no power - chose Edge after looking at Subaru, VW, BMW, Mazda CX7 - good deal on a great car. We really like it. Wanted Sync *worked great on Mercury* did not want MyTouch. So we got an SE and got neither lol.

Ford did their homework and deserve a chance!
By gunnardad on 02/18/11 18:44 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A lifelong foreign car owner-except for 2 suburbans- and a Range Rover lover, I was looking for safe, economical car that would protect my wife,be comfortable for long trips, room for sports equip. (I am spoiled by my 30 yr old!!MB diesel giving 30mpg hwy) and decided to give domestic cars a chance, after looking at MB MLs, BMW x and Toureg. We liked the older Edge styling and saw new beautiful silver/black one at dealer. Wow. Quiet, comfortable, smooth, corners flat, and moves like a big V8! Shocked. Bought it. Simple 2wd SE, no touch system(I like dials and hate gimicry) Cloth seat material is surprisingly comfortable, practical and cool(Florida) Powerful, roomy, and avg. 20/28 GO FORD!

Very happy with New Edge
By jbrtp on 02/14/11 18:01 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded 07 Suburban for 09 Mariner. Mercury too small and slow - got a good deal and traded for 2011 Edge. No leather - no sync - no Ford touch - result - good car. Looked at Chevy Equinox, Honda CRV- Acura - Toyota Rav 4 and Highlander - Mazda CX7. Ford seemed better made and more solid. Mazda, even though same underpinings, seemed cheaper and required premium gas. Hit gas in Edge and car goes. Brakes are good and steering feedback are just fine considering it's a CX. Wish it had blue tooth as an option. Hard to see right front end at times. Agree about headrests, but we are used to them now with a little bit of recline in the seat. Biggers wheels improve mileage by 1-3 MP

Nice Ride
By spideygirl301 on 02/11/11 08:03 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Edge for about 2 months now and just hit 3k miles. I upgraded from a 2008 Equinox that was always in the shop. I love the 2011 Edge and so far would recommend it. Earlier this week, I was involved in a road rage incident where I was literally being chased by a truck on a major highway. I honestly think the only thing that saved me from a very bad encounter was the handling of the vehicle which allowed me to manuver in and out of traffic quickly and easily (even at speeds close to 100 miles an hour)

1st month ownership
By pearl semick on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After one month and 800 miles the car handles and drives very good. I traded in a 1999 windstar van and it was a great van If Ford still made a van I would have bought one . My husband was a tech for 35 years for our selling dealer. No way would we have a Honda in the drive or much less a Chrysler product. I love to drive it because I am short and the drivers seat goes fore and aft and up and down . Overall this is a great car

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Edge in VA is:

$136 per month*