2010 Ford Edge Consumer Review: Very pleased with our new vehi

2010 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Review

Very pleased with our new vehicle
By TomK on

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded 2000 Ford Windstar with 160,000 miles during Cash For Clunkers program qualifying for $3,500 & $3,500 in Ford Incentives total $7,000 off the price. Already averaging 22mpg mostly city driving with very little time above 45mph. Can not wait to see what mpg averages on the first all highway trip. Very smooth and quiet ride with plenty of room for 4 or 5 adults. Decided to shop the internet for Ford ESP Premium extended warranty and found $895 for 60 months/100,000 miles coverage rather than purchase at dealership for $1,795. Purchased top of line $300 GPS on my own vs spending $1,695 as installed option from Ford which also lets me remove it and use it when I rent.

Sync voice activated system, power sun roof, steering wheel controls for radio and sync, handling, roomy interior.

Dash controls especially speedometer are inset and very hard to see in low light and when light comes from the side shadows hide the numbers. Ford should look at VW - EOS & Jetta controls are easy to see and well designed. Had I known this before, I might have chosen a different vehicle.