2010 Ford Edge Consumer Review: Love my Edge but ...

2010 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Review

Love my Edge but ...
By Bob R. on

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

On our annual trip to Florida we traveled over 650 miles each day and were pleasantly surprised at the comfortable ride. Would have driven further but I don't like to drive at night. The seats are great and give excellent support. Getting into and out of the car is easy; CLIMB UP to get in, and STEP DOWN to get out. No need to grab the door to pull yourself up (like I did in my Crown Victoria). It responds well when necessary. However, I rated reliability a six. The reason is that my Edge was twice "Found On Road (driveway) Dead", requiring a jump start. The dealer ship may have located the problem as it now appears to be a faulty key pad on the door, as I use the pad to lock the car.

I like sitting up higher, improves the visibility all around, and the blind spot mirrors are a godsend. The automatic rear gate makes for easy access. Likewise the fold down rear seats with a flip of a switch; appears as tho Ford had us seniors in mind, as we find it very senior friendly!

I rated interior design a 6. The speedometer is located on the right of center, and the steering wheel blocks its view. I have tried all sorts of adjustments but it is not comfortable. I see where the 2011 Edge has centered the speedometer. The radio and climate controls are not user friendly.