2010 Ford Edge Consumer Review: Better than my X5

2010 Ford Edge - Consumer Review

Better than my X5
By AGDComm on

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in our 2003 x5 on a new Edge. So far we have no regrets. The seats are great. The climate control system is terrific. The Synch system is great with my cell phone, but not reliable with my iPod. Mileage is perfectly acceptable, combined 20 mpg +-, and traction on snowy, slushy, roads has been good so far. The stereo is very good, and the power lift gate and buttons in the rear to lower the rear seat backs are good, appreciated features. The ambient lights are nice, but most colors make the car look like an '80s disco. Good power, pickup and acceleration, but I'd like it to downshift quicker. One complaint: the heated seats don't heat the back, only the the seat's bottom.

Good, confident handling. Great stereo. The Synch system. Power lift gate with buttons in the rear to lower the back seats' backs. Driver's seat that slides all the way back for easy entry and exit. Quiet ride. Large moon roof. Rich look, feel inside and out. Great colors (we chose cinnamon.)

The radio panel and the driver's message panel are illegible in the day light. Come on, guys. didn't anyone notice this? Numbers on speedometer and tach also difficult to read in the daylight. How about a backup camera? The reverse assist on the car is helpful, but a camera would be better.