2010 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
excellent Crossover
By GJ on 11/03/09 09:13 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

drove a liitle over a month. It's good Vehicle in this category. The engine is queit but the initial speedup from 0 to 30 takes long time after that the engine is powerful. The suspension system is very good for 20" tires. rear and side view is not good. but it has wide angle mirrors on both side mirrors. so actually make it safer to drive when you change lanes. The speak bass is good but overall speaks quality is not good even as my Winstar! The dashboard looks like cheap. The vista roof is awesome! Overall it's very good car that can compete with Lexus RX series if you don't mind the brand name.

Master Cylinder Brake Failure
By koczani on 09/22/09 20:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had to take the Edge in at 5,400 miles because the brakes felt spongy. The Dealership says I need a Master Cylinder, but they had none is stock. I am without a vehicle as I wait for the Edge to be repaired. In this day and age, the Dealership should offer a loaner if they are going the keep the vehicle over 24 hours.

Pricey but Roomy
By Spott on 09/11/09 08:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought a 2010 Edge Limited FWD. I think the interior is pretty nice. The floor mats I think are too small though and prob won't protect the floor well in the winter. Cruise control is a pain to initiate, but after that it's ok. Rear visibility out the rear window is poor- it seriously is. To improve it, fold down the rear center console arm. You can improve it further by folding down the rear seats. The ride is awesome- very smooth on 20 inch wheels. Does feel slightly top heavy though, but just slightly. Seats are very comfy with the most leg room I've seen. Touchscreen radio is awesome- sounds great. Don't buy one of these without it! Overall, this Ford is a dream to drive.

Great Clunker Deal
By sdcjones on 09/08/09 10:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got this car in the Cash for Clunker deal, and I'm glad that I did it. It drives great, has enough leg room for my growing children and is generally a nice car that I think I will drive for quite some time.

Very pleased with our new vehicle
By TomK on 09/02/09 20:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded 2000 Ford Windstar with 160,000 miles during Cash For Clunkers program qualifying for $3,500 & $3,500 in Ford Incentives total $7,000 off the price. Already averaging 22mpg mostly city driving with very little time above 45mph. Can not wait to see what mpg averages on the first all highway trip. Very smooth and quiet ride with plenty of room for 4 or 5 adults. Decided to shop the internet for Ford ESP Premium extended warranty and found $895 for 60 months/100,000 miles coverage rather than purchase at dealership for $1,795. Purchased top of line $300 GPS on my own vs spending $1,695 as installed option from Ford which also lets me remove it and use it when I rent.

Best SUV we have owned yet!
By Daniel on 09/01/09 08:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our second Edge, and the improvements are outstanding from the first generation. Engine is powerful and quiet. Fit and finish rivals vehicles that cost $20,000 more. The fuel economy has improved also. We were looking at Mercedes and BMW as an option, and we choose the Edge!

Cash for Clunkers purchase
By Suzanne on 08/27/09 07:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought a Ltd AWD. I'm very happy with the car. I've not noticed any of the poor braking distances that consumer reports mentions, but I'm not a tailgater either. I am getting about 20mpg on average. I think this is a lot of car for the money. The features, design and comfort are all very high for the money. The next tier choice up in pricing for a crossover just doesn't offer that much more to justify the pricing. This is a lot of car for the money and is solidly built and well designed. You can feel the shifting though when you step on the gas on the highway to pass. Pickup is fine for me, but if you are really into power, the weight is pushing the need for a V8 - but still good.

Good deal
By Oldfellow on 08/16/09 18:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased with the clunker program. Good deal - outdoor total was less than $22k. Still in break-in, fuel economy is about 20mpg, not bad. Build quality is excellent so far, but the Hankook tires seem not in the top quality

2010 Ford Edge, good deal
By Rechael on 07/27/09 17:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's a good deal for the 2010 Edge right now - $2500 rebate, government CARS program ($3500 or $4500), and the dealer is eager to sell (rebate of course). Ovreall drive is nice, strong powertrain with the 3.5L V6 and 6A transmission. Superb suspension, road noise is minimum. Power doors, windows, cruise control, airbags (front, side and safety canopy), 4- wheel disk ABS, stability and RSC are standard. Some wind noise, but it's a quite vehicle in general.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Edge Suv in VA is:

$126 per month*