Used 2010 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

I love this car!
By tikigal

2010 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My first Ford, love it! Nightime- ambiance light up, mine is purple, even the floor and console box! There are other choices of colors too. The ride beats my Lexus rx300. It's soft, luxury all the way. Easy to read dials, and nav system really easy compared to my garmin. Love the handsfree approach to nav, phone, radio. Gets better gas mileage than they say, and runs on regular. My Lexus ran on premium and so did my Acura. I can read info, last 2 cars, had to put on my glasses to see what it said. Like the back up beeps, love the wheels, and my golf clubs fit in this car. The sunroof is so big, it's like a convertible, and convert to moonroof just like that! Love the space. Great Ford!

ambiance controlled lighting, smooth soft drive, excellent sound system

Plastic on insides of trunk space protrude just a bit. Golf clubs fit, but could fit better, with less plastic indentation on the side (laterally).

Like the car, hate the fuel economy
By Steve

2010 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Ford purchase after having owned a 2002 Ford Escape for 8 years and, overall, I have been pleased with my purchase. As part of my car searching process, I looked at the Nissan Murano, Dodge Nitro, Jeep Liberty, and Acura RDX (to name a few). Before test driving the Edge, I had actually been prepared to purchase the Acura but the Edge's larger size, overall look/feel, and 6 cylinder engine won me over. Though others have commented on how the ride (seats?) is not comfortable, I have had the exact opposite experience. The ride is fairly smooth and the seats are particularly comfortable. In addition, there is plenty of room for passengers who are taller than five feet!

Sync, Sirius Radio, and Navigation! Hands free changing of radio stations, phone calls, and turn-by-turn navigation are very helpful while driving. I also really like the exterior styling with the optional 20" wheels (a must for both ride and look!)

Sync! Yes, I know I listed both as a favorite and as something that needs to be improved, but it has one very annoying problem - there is currently no way to turn off the auto play feature between Sync and my Iphone, which means that every time I get in the car, I have to turn off my phones Ipod.

Hopeful
By hopeful

2010 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Hoped that Ford had surpassed its competitors in this market. Not so with the edge. Comfortable ride plenty of room. Interior somewhat cheap plastic feel as a cost cutting measure. Braking is a big weakness. Brakes are somewhat spongy and stopping distance too long. Don't feel confident that I can stop quickly in an emergency situation.

roominess quiet smooth ride

greatly improve the braking system, improve the interior-no more cheap plastic imitations,improve the gas mileage overall reduce the weight of the vehicle its too heavy

Look hard at other models
By btait

2010 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Edge doesn't do anything well. Looks - It tries to look like a Lexus RX but looks like one that ate donuts for a year. Interior - VERY poor use of space, dash is HUGE. Cargo - the sloped back kills any ability to carry anything of substance. The floor is made with a flimsy cardboard type material, so it flexes with any weight on it. It's tow capabilities are minimal, and the hitch sits entirely too low. Handling - tracks very poorly. It amazes me that this is what Ford came up with for the masses coming out of Explorers. Mileage is the same, it's overweight and sluggish.

Thankfully, I don't own this thing and I get to give it back in two years.

Put an exterior thermometer in every model, not just the ones with auto climate control.

Tough to drive
By Tim

2010 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have only rented this car for a week in Maui, but I wanted to note that it was a tough drive. The steering, turning radius, and visibility made it very difficult to negotiate the tight parking spots that you find in Maui. Honestly, my full sized SUV, a Yukon Denali, would have been far easier to manage. Once I got back to the mainland and into my 2006 Denali I was far happier. For a midsized SUV, the edge is a very difficult drive with hard seats and hard steering. It had a beeping warning system that lets you know how close you are to obstacles when you are backing up. Annoying, but needed because of poor visibility. I had to rely on it to park. Otherwise the SUV was adequate.

The look from the outside is attractive for an suv in this price range. Good storage in the back.

Power steering, turning radius, more comfortable seats. Better visibility.