Used 2010 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Most Helpful|
Nice ride, but needs improvements
By Lenny D

2010 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have nothing bad to say about the car, except the interior. Now, I would describe this as retro with a modern flair. In my opinion, there is to much metal and chrome for my liking. I do however, absolutely adore the panoramic roof. It is awesome for those hot summer days. Thank god for the redesign this summer.

Favorite Features

Moonroof, SYNC, exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

interior

Even better than my Fusion!
By tozrink

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The ride and fuel economy are just what I expected from a midsized SUV. The "sunroof" is awesome and with the Limited Pkg. the options are plentiful and nice to have.

Favorite Features

Power rear door opening from front dash, inside rear compartment or FOB; Ambient lighting is fun.

Suggested Improvements

Cargo cover for back area, tinting doesn't always hide my stuff!

What's the Beef?
By Ford Fan

2010 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have read all 2010 reviews. As a retired engineer. I am bewildered with the negative reviews. I have not had one problem with my 2010 Edge. The vehicle is as advertised. The fuel mileage is spot on as advertised. The handling and ride is mid-sized SUV quality.The more time we spend in the car, the more things we find to like. And now the all important comment, my wife loves the car.

Favorite Features

Sync, seats, power tailgate, road handling.power down rear seats, wide opening rear hatch, backing alert, mirrors, no squeaks or rattles, powerful engine

Suggested Improvements

The 6 speed transmission downshift seems to pause ever so slightly when pushed really hard. Not an issue on freeway driving, but can be annoying passing on the two lane back roads.

2010 Edge Sport
By kshields

2010 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 08 Acura TL for an Edge Sport with the 22 inch wheels because I needed something bigger as my family is growing. I have had no regrets! I was worried the ride with the 22's would be harsh, but for an SUV with the big rims, it rides really well! MPG are good for the segment of vehicle. I towed a 5x8 trailer from Kansas City to Virginia Beach and doing 65 mph the whole way i got 20 MPG, even having to go through the West Va. mountains. 3/4 full trailer, Wife, 2 dogs and me and just front wheel drive and it did amazing! The Edge looks great, rides great and I feel good letting my wife drive a very safe dependable vehicle. We have put on 30k in the last 1.5 years of ownership.

Favorite Features

22's, panoramic roof, stock sound system.

Suggested Improvements

The head unit could use some work, but could be worse, my 08 Acura TL had a tape player in it. A little more side bolster. MORE POWER!

I love it!
By Kathy

2010 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I can't say enough good things about my new Edge. My trade was a 2005 Durango I bought new 5 years ago. The Edge is greatly superior. Test drove the Terrain and it is crap compared to the Edge. I love it, love it, love it! I drive more than 800 miles a week and am glad to have made this purchase. With all of the cash incentives this was a no brainer :)

Favorite Features

Sleek, comfortable. A+++