Used 2010 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Like the car, hate the fuel economy
By Steve

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Ford purchase after having owned a 2002 Ford Escape for 8 years and, overall, I have been pleased with my purchase. As part of my car searching process, I looked at the Nissan Murano, Dodge Nitro, Jeep Liberty, and Acura RDX (to name a few). Before test driving the Edge, I had actually been prepared to purchase the Acura but the Edge's larger size, overall look/feel, and 6 cylinder engine won me over. Though others have commented on how the ride (seats?) is not comfortable, I have had the exact opposite experience. The ride is fairly smooth and the seats are particularly comfortable. In addition, there is plenty of room for passengers who are taller than five feet!

Sync, Sirius Radio, and Navigation! Hands free changing of radio stations, phone calls, and turn-by-turn navigation are very helpful while driving. I also really like the exterior styling with the optional 20" wheels (a must for both ride and look!)

Sync! Yes, I know I listed both as a favorite and as something that needs to be improved, but it has one very annoying problem - there is currently no way to turn off the auto play feature between Sync and my Iphone, which means that every time I get in the car, I have to turn off my phones Ipod.

Hopeful
By hopeful

2010 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Hoped that Ford had surpassed its competitors in this market. Not so with the edge. Comfortable ride plenty of room. Interior somewhat cheap plastic feel as a cost cutting measure. Braking is a big weakness. Brakes are somewhat spongy and stopping distance too long. Don't feel confident that I can stop quickly in an emergency situation.

roominess quiet smooth ride

greatly improve the braking system, improve the interior-no more cheap plastic imitations,improve the gas mileage overall reduce the weight of the vehicle its too heavy

Look hard at other models
By btait

2010 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Edge doesn't do anything well. Looks - It tries to look like a Lexus RX but looks like one that ate donuts for a year. Interior - VERY poor use of space, dash is HUGE. Cargo - the sloped back kills any ability to carry anything of substance. The floor is made with a flimsy cardboard type material, so it flexes with any weight on it. It's tow capabilities are minimal, and the hitch sits entirely too low. Handling - tracks very poorly. It amazes me that this is what Ford came up with for the masses coming out of Explorers. Mileage is the same, it's overweight and sluggish.

Thankfully, I don't own this thing and I get to give it back in two years.

Put an exterior thermometer in every model, not just the ones with auto climate control.

Tough to drive
By Tim

2010 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have only rented this car for a week in Maui, but I wanted to note that it was a tough drive. The steering, turning radius, and visibility made it very difficult to negotiate the tight parking spots that you find in Maui. Honestly, my full sized SUV, a Yukon Denali, would have been far easier to manage. Once I got back to the mainland and into my 2006 Denali I was far happier. For a midsized SUV, the edge is a very difficult drive with hard seats and hard steering. It had a beeping warning system that lets you know how close you are to obstacles when you are backing up. Annoying, but needed because of poor visibility. I had to rely on it to park. Otherwise the SUV was adequate.

The look from the outside is attractive for an suv in this price range. Good storage in the back.

Power steering, turning radius, more comfortable seats. Better visibility.

The 2010 Ford Edge
By Bullneck852

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I previously owned a Nissan Murano and I loved that car except for the CTV transmission. I purchased my new Edge after seriously considering and testing the Toyotas, Mercedes, and GMC Acadia. I have loved the Edge except for the Transmission shifting and performing in traffic. You have to stomp it to the floor to get it to down shift in traffic. I also seems to wonder in and out of gears at highway speeds. I love all other features and unlike others I like the interior and overall looks. The Ford Sync is very nice and the car rides very nice. Be sure to get the 20" tires for ride. I drove Fords over 20 years ago and didn't like the transmission then. No little has changed.

Ford Sync, Navigation, Sound system is awesome, and Extra large moon roof which is almost like a convertible. The Car is comfortable, rides nice, and feels heavy with descent performance at take off. Also I find it very quiet. Drink holders and center glove compartment is very nice.

Flooring and carpeting is rather thin and cheap for a $38,000 car. Transmission is not very responsive to your commands. It always seems I want it to pick up in traffic and it lugs in a higher gear. You have to stomp it down almost to make it kick back. Braking is fair and could be better.

• SUV