2010 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Transmission is poorly designed
By John on 05/17/10 18:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I now have 11,000 miles on this vehicle after six months and I can't say enough how I dislike this car. The biggest problem is the transmission. This car hesitates at the worst time and it's usually when you are changing lanes. Step on the gas and nothing happens for a second or two. And with six gears it is always changing gears and you feel every shift in gear up and down. My manual 1967 Beetle had a smoother transmission then this car. Ford said nothing is wrong with it so I guess it drives like they designed it to...very poorly. Also you can't see anything out the rear when backing up because it's not physically possible. This is an underpowered car that looks like an SUV.

what a pleasant surprise
By karen on 05/15/10 20:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

performance and design above expectations. i have not received any negative reviews from passengers ub regards to comfort. rave reviews by all in terms of car design (ie. 'Ford vehicles have raised the bar'). i have been stopped by strangers who gave positive feedback and specific comments about the shade of red being better than most and would make them consider purchasing a car of the same shade when usually they would have no interest. overall i love my car and am very satisfied with the purchase.

My Edge is a Lemon
By fianna@optonline.net on 04/23/10 07:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 4 month old Edge Ltd with 3000 miles. It has been in the shop 6 times. I spent 3 mornings at the service dept, and lost it another 3 times with a total of 26 days out of service where they provided a loaner vehicle. The main problem is the rattling noise from the sunroof. They have tried to fix it 5 times. They know it is an issue, but Ford stopped replacing sunroofs a while back, and now try to find fixes. They have tried lubing parts, and found unpadded dowels, but it is still rattling away. Now, they say that they will not replace the roof, or work on it anymore. They said to come pick it up, or I will be charged for the loaner. Basically, deal with it. Also, it has been in

Wow! AWESOME All I can say..
By Big Red 1 on 04/14/10 14:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned 20 new f/L/M in my life time... This is the best! Ford has really out done themselves with the 2010 Edge. I traded my 2008 Ford Escape Limited. I did see any reason to pay an extra 5000 for the MKX. The ride the quality! I fell in love with Edge the moment I drove it off the lot for home which was the very first time driving this car. I did not know what to expect! get the limited AWD I can say enough good things about this car... other then why would anyone look at a Honda or Toyota Lexus, BMW? Why! Ford you outdid yourself one this one, and if all your other cars! Are like the Edge in Quality and Reliability and style! Look out Japan. America is back! With a vengeance.

Excellent Ride & Value
By St Louie on 04/09/10 11:48 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had this vehicle for a month now and couldn't be happier. Ride is excellent and interior is great. Had 4 previous Eddie Bauer Explorers and wanted something with a better ride. The vista roof is tremendous and the Sync system is great. Looked at other GM crossovers and this beats them all including the Buick. Mazda CX9 and Nissan Murano can't compare to the roominess and ride of this vehicle.

Transmission slipping
By BobT on 04/06/10 14:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the car back into my dealer twice now. My transmission slips and sometimes hesitates before engaging. It doesn't do it all the time, in fact there's no rhyme or reason to it. There was a service bulletin Ford issued in feb. to replace a module I believe. It was supose to fix the problem, but didn't. I'm still working with my dealer to resolve this problem. However I don't want to hang on for so long that my warranty runs out before the problem is taken care of. I get great mileage and except for the transmission, really like the vehicle.

Very pleasant surprise
By Henry on 03/27/10 02:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have only owned this car a week. We were devout Toyota fans until we started having Prius problems and Toyota didn't want to know us. We drove a Venza, which we loved but don't be fooled. The new Edge is every bit as good if not better than the Venza. I agree with others, pay a little more and buy the Limited, its worth every penny. Four years ago you couldn't have given me a Ford, the build and quality has come a long long way. We were fortunate enough to get employee pricing that made a sweet deal even sweeter. And another big clincher for us, Ford DID NOT TAKE ANY BAILOUT MONEY! and above all Wife Loves it! Drive one, you will be very pleasantly surprised.

Love my Edge but ...
By Bob R. on 03/18/10 12:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

On our annual trip to Florida we traveled over 650 miles each day and were pleasantly surprised at the comfortable ride. Would have driven further but I don't like to drive at night. The seats are great and give excellent support. Getting into and out of the car is easy; CLIMB UP to get in, and STEP DOWN to get out. No need to grab the door to pull yourself up (like I did in my Crown Victoria). It responds well when necessary. However, I rated reliability a six. The reason is that my Edge was twice "Found On Road (driveway) Dead", requiring a jump start. The dealer ship may have located the problem as it now appears to be a faulty key pad on the door, as I use the pad to lock the car.

Better than my X5
By AGDComm on 03/15/10 10:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in our 2003 x5 on a new Edge. So far we have no regrets. The seats are great. The climate control system is terrific. The Synch system is great with my cell phone, but not reliable with my iPod. Mileage is perfectly acceptable, combined 20 mpg +-, and traction on snowy, slushy, roads has been good so far. The stereo is very good, and the power lift gate and buttons in the rear to lower the rear seat backs are good, appreciated features. The ambient lights are nice, but most colors make the car look like an '80s disco. Good power, pickup and acceleration, but I'd like it to downshift quicker. One complaint: the heated seats don't heat the back, only the the seat's bottom.

good value
By steve on 03/05/10 17:31 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Only had it a month but am impressed with ride and highway manners. Bought in Germany so rode the autobahn for the first 600 miles, 19 mpg varying the speed between 50-100 mph, with one smooth run up to 125 and back. So far very happy with my first Ford product. Oh, BAD orange peel on rear hatch will be repainted by Ford but the rest is great.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Edge in WA is:

$159 per month*