2010 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews 3

2010 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Love My Sport
By kv2 on 08/01/10 20:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased the Ford Edge Sport AWD. So far, this is a great SUV! The exterior styling of the vehicle gets high marks. The interior is not quite up to par with the outside, but delivers with easy to use controls, great nav system, premium sound, and ambient lighting. The inside is also roomy enough for the child seats of our 2 year old and our infant. The vehicle also has plenty of power, and offers a quiet and comfortable ride. This a great choice for a family guy who needs something much more practical than a sports car.

Great Edge
By Carylon on 08/01/10 00:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I found this to be a Marvelous car I had a Kia Sportage and the switch was significant for comfort and reliability. The interior was a little disappointing when compared to other options ( Generic) but over all the Sync hands free is addicting Overall a GREAT BUY

I love this car!
By tikigal on 07/28/10 10:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My first Ford, love it! Nightime- ambiance light up, mine is purple, even the floor and console box! There are other choices of colors too. The ride beats my Lexus rx300. It's soft, luxury all the way. Easy to read dials, and nav system really easy compared to my garmin. Love the handsfree approach to nav, phone, radio. Gets better gas mileage than they say, and runs on regular. My Lexus ran on premium and so did my Acura. I can read info, last 2 cars, had to put on my glasses to see what it said. Like the back up beeps, love the wheels, and my golf clubs fit in this car. The sunroof is so big, it's like a convertible, and convert to moonroof just like that! Love the space. Great Ford!

Like the car, hate the fuel economy
By Steve on 07/20/10 23:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Ford purchase after having owned a 2002 Ford Escape for 8 years and, overall, I have been pleased with my purchase. As part of my car searching process, I looked at the Nissan Murano, Dodge Nitro, Jeep Liberty, and Acura RDX (to name a few). Before test driving the Edge, I had actually been prepared to purchase the Acura but the Edge's larger size, overall look/feel, and 6 cylinder engine won me over. Though others have commented on how the ride (seats?) is not comfortable, I have had the exact opposite experience. The ride is fairly smooth and the seats are particularly comfortable. In addition, there is plenty of room for passengers who are taller than five feet!

Hopeful
By hopeful on 07/06/10 09:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Hoped that Ford had surpassed its competitors in this market. Not so with the edge. Comfortable ride plenty of room. Interior somewhat cheap plastic feel as a cost cutting measure. Braking is a big weakness. Brakes are somewhat spongy and stopping distance too long. Don't feel confident that I can stop quickly in an emergency situation.

Look hard at other models
By btait on 07/01/10 07:26 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Edge doesn't do anything well. Looks - It tries to look like a Lexus RX but looks like one that ate donuts for a year. Interior - VERY poor use of space, dash is HUGE. Cargo - the sloped back kills any ability to carry anything of substance. The floor is made with a flimsy cardboard type material, so it flexes with any weight on it. It's tow capabilities are minimal, and the hitch sits entirely too low. Handling - tracks very poorly. It amazes me that this is what Ford came up with for the masses coming out of Explorers. Mileage is the same, it's overweight and sluggish.

Tough to drive
By Tim on 06/30/10 07:08 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have only rented this car for a week in Maui, but I wanted to note that it was a tough drive. The steering, turning radius, and visibility made it very difficult to negotiate the tight parking spots that you find in Maui. Honestly, my full sized SUV, a Yukon Denali, would have been far easier to manage. Once I got back to the mainland and into my 2006 Denali I was far happier. For a midsized SUV, the edge is a very difficult drive with hard seats and hard steering. It had a beeping warning system that lets you know how close you are to obstacles when you are backing up. Annoying, but needed because of poor visibility. I had to rely on it to park. Otherwise the SUV was adequate.

The 2010 Ford Edge
By Bullneck852 on 06/18/10 07:04 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I previously owned a Nissan Murano and I loved that car except for the CTV transmission. I purchased my new Edge after seriously considering and testing the Toyotas, Mercedes, and GMC Acadia. I have loved the Edge except for the Transmission shifting and performing in traffic. You have to stomp it to the floor to get it to down shift in traffic. I also seems to wonder in and out of gears at highway speeds. I love all other features and unlike others I like the interior and overall looks. The Ford Sync is very nice and the car rides very nice. Be sure to get the 20" tires for ride. I drove Fords over 20 years ago and didn't like the transmission then. No little has changed.

I love it!
By Kathy on 06/15/10 10:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I can't say enough good things about my new Edge. My trade was a 2005 Durango I bought new 5 years ago. The Edge is greatly superior. Test drove the Terrain and it is crap compared to the Edge. I love it, love it, love it! I drive more than 800 miles a week and am glad to have made this purchase. With all of the cash incentives this was a no brainer :)

Nice ride, but needs improvements
By Lenny D on 05/24/10 06:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have nothing bad to say about the car, except the interior. Now, I would describe this as retro with a modern flair. In my opinion, there is to much metal and chrome for my liking. I do however, absolutely adore the panoramic roof. It is awesome for those hot summer days. Thank god for the redesign this summer.