Used 2010 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

2010 Edge Review
By S. W. Enman

2010 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded a 2005 Ford Explorer for the Edge. Big difference in vehicles. The transmission in our Edge shifts smoothly most of the time. However, as noted in Edmunds review it is reluctant to shift going up hills. More concerning is the lurching it sometimes does when stopped at an intersection. Has anyone else experienced this? It actually startles us when it happens. Otherwise it performs ok.

Favorite Features

Ride, Sync, Mileage is ok. Miss the 7 passenger seating of the Explorer.

Suggested Improvements

The engine needs more power and the transmission definitely needs improvements.

What's the Beef?
By Ford Fan

2010 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have read all 2010 reviews. As a retired engineer. I am bewildered with the negative reviews. I have not had one problem with my 2010 Edge. The vehicle is as advertised. The fuel mileage is spot on as advertised. The handling and ride is mid-sized SUV quality.The more time we spend in the car, the more things we find to like. And now the all important comment, my wife loves the car.

Favorite Features

Sync, seats, power tailgate, road handling.power down rear seats, wide opening rear hatch, backing alert, mirrors, no squeaks or rattles, powerful engine

Suggested Improvements

The 6 speed transmission downshift seems to pause ever so slightly when pushed really hard. Not an issue on freeway driving, but can be annoying passing on the two lane back roads.

Enjoy my Edge
By Robert S.

2010 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my Mercedes for the Edge, with no regrets. I considered a Mercedes SUV; but that is like a Rolex clock radio, you just don't need it! I had owned several Ford's in the past, Explorer, Ranger, Taurus, all were great. The ride on the edge is not as refined as the Mercedes, but it is darn close, $30K less makes it even more comfortable. The sync system is a step above anything else I tested. I recently took the Edge on 3,500 mile trip out west and enjoyed every minute of the drive, fuel economy was better than predicted. The dealership has been on par, or better, than my high end import experiences. Ford has really stepped up and delivered again.

Favorite Features

Sync system with weather radar and surface winds. Embedded wide-angle mirrors, really help. Roomy, comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

The instrument cluster is difficult to read at twilight, day and night no problem. Cargo security is a must and needs to be improved. The shade (not that great, but effective) should be included.

Reporting a malfuncioning
By Ali

2010 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my ford Edge in may/10. on 10/06/2010 while my wife was driving the car noticed that the front wheel (driver side) was vibrating she slowed down to 35 MPH and pushed the brake pedal to stop the car but car vibrated more and moved to the left and hit into another car. I am wondering maybe there is a production problem.

Happy Edge Owner
By Marc

2010 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After having a bad experience purchasing a pre-owned vehicle in Wayne a few years back I was extremely cautious about purchasing a new vehicle, but Rt. 23 Ford put all my worries to rest. I happily purchased a new Edge truck, which I knew rather little about, other than what the commercials told me. Turns out, I absolutely love it. It's everything my sales person told me it would be. It has great mileage and itís such a dream to drive. I received top notch service, and a great monthly price for my lease. All of the staff that worked with me to get what I wanted were sincere and honest. I have no problem with them gaining a profit because they truly earned it.

Favorite Features

Hands-free music control