Used 2010 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

2010 Edge Sport
By kshields

2010 Ford Edge SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 08 Acura TL for an Edge Sport with the 22 inch wheels because I needed something bigger as my family is growing. I have had no regrets! I was worried the ride with the 22's would be harsh, but for an SUV with the big rims, it rides really well! MPG are good for the segment of vehicle. I towed a 5x8 trailer from Kansas City to Virginia Beach and doing 65 mph the whole way i got 20 MPG, even having to go through the West Va. mountains. 3/4 full trailer, Wife, 2 dogs and me and just front wheel drive and it did amazing! The Edge looks great, rides great and I feel good letting my wife drive a very safe dependable vehicle. We have put on 30k in the last 1.5 years of ownership.

Favorite Features

22's, panoramic roof, stock sound system.

Suggested Improvements

The head unit could use some work, but could be worse, my 08 Acura TL had a tape player in it. A little more side bolster. MORE POWER!

We love our Edge
By dpanozzo

2010 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the Edge because I wanted it. My wife didn’t care at first, but after driving it a few times it’s all she wants to drive. I really enjoy this vehicle and after a year I’m still impressed every time I drive it. We’ve taken two road trips and found it to be comfortable and reliable and got us through some deep snow and icy roads where other vehicles did not make it. So far we’re very happy.

Favorite Features

Ride quality

Suggested Improvements

Transmission could be improved.

So Far High Praise for 2010 Ford Edge
By lnnyri

2010 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

i traded my 08 Hyundai Elantra for the 06 Toyota Tacoma and then traded that for the 2010 Ford Edge SE. I have driven foreign cars all my life after experiencing bad fortunes with Dodge. I decided to go American this time around. I've always liked to look. The interior dash of the Hyundai is more modern. The seating comfort of the Edge is better. The Tacoma was outdated and too bouncy. The Edge drives surprisingly smooth. The Edge is roomy. I like the ActiveSync and dual climate control, big wheels, and leather seating. I am back on American, I hope it doesn't fail me or I am permanently back on Japanese

Favorite Features

big tires, ActiveSync, 3 plugin areas, nice looking vehicle, leather seats, V6, roomy, quiet ride. much better than the Tacoma. more muscle than the Hyundai. Hyundai has the edge with the more modern dash.

Suggested Improvements

need moonroof

Could be better - I made a costly mistake!
By luggnutt

2010 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was taken by the exterior styling and should have been more careful and taken more time before jumping in with both feet. I should have gone with my head instead of my heart. The transmission is terrible (inconsistant shifting), the cabin area seems confined, materials seem cheap and interior is outdated, gas mileage leaves much to be desired, engine seems sluggish but could be due to the lousy transmission. Visability is poor especially when backing up. Seats are not that comfortable after being in the saddle for awhile. If I had it to do over, I would do like my brother-in-law did and get a Dodge Journey. More comfort, more storage, better performance, 3rd row seat option, same size.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling and is American!

Suggested Improvements

After comparing it to my brother-in-laws Dodge Journey, Ford needs to go back to the drawing board. I have owned many Fords and the Edge is OK at best but the Journey is head and shoulders above. If you don't believe me, check it out for yourself.

Built for my Foursome
By Byron

2010 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had waited for the new Taurus sedan to come on the market because of all the good things I read about it, however, when it arrived to the showroom I could not sit in the drivers side and have any passengers in the seat behind me. Because I take my foursome golfing weekly I needed a car that would sit four and carry their golfing equipment. This was the vehicle and I love it! Fun to drive, comfort to travel in as you can see I've put almost 30,000 miles on it in my first year.

Favorite Features

Ease in driving, ambient lighting, comfortable seats

Suggested Improvements

It is difficult to fill the gas tank up as you have to baby the last three or four gallons into the tank.