2010 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
2010 Edge Sport
By kshields on 01/12/14 18:26 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Edge SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 08 Acura TL for an Edge Sport with the 22 inch wheels because I needed something bigger as my family is growing. I have had no regrets! I was worried the ride with the 22's would be harsh, but for an SUV with the big rims, it rides really well! MPG are good for the segment of vehicle. I towed a 5x8 trailer from Kansas City to Virginia Beach and doing 65 mph the whole way i got 20 MPG, even having to go through the West Va. mountains. 3/4 full trailer, Wife, 2 dogs and me and just front wheel drive and it did amazing! The Edge looks great, rides great and I feel good letting my wife drive a very safe dependable vehicle. We have put on 30k in the last 1.5 years of ownership.

We love our Edge
By dpanozzo on 08/09/13 07:32 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the Edge because I wanted it. My wife didn’t care at first, but after driving it a few times it’s all she wants to drive. I really enjoy this vehicle and after a year I’m still impressed every time I drive it. We’ve taken two road trips and found it to be comfortable and reliable and got us through some deep snow and icy roads where other vehicles did not make it. So far we’re very happy.

So Far High Praise for 2010 Ford Edge
By lnnyri on 05/23/11 12:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

i traded my 08 Hyundai Elantra for the 06 Toyota Tacoma and then traded that for the 2010 Ford Edge SE. I have driven foreign cars all my life after experiencing bad fortunes with Dodge. I decided to go American this time around. I've always liked to look. The interior dash of the Hyundai is more modern. The seating comfort of the Edge is better. The Tacoma was outdated and too bouncy. The Edge drives surprisingly smooth. The Edge is roomy. I like the ActiveSync and dual climate control, big wheels, and leather seating. I am back on American, I hope it doesn't fail me or I am permanently back on Japanese

Could be better - I made a costly mistake!
By luggnutt on 04/18/11 20:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was taken by the exterior styling and should have been more careful and taken more time before jumping in with both feet. I should have gone with my head instead of my heart. The transmission is terrible (inconsistant shifting), the cabin area seems confined, materials seem cheap and interior is outdated, gas mileage leaves much to be desired, engine seems sluggish but could be due to the lousy transmission. Visability is poor especially when backing up. Seats are not that comfortable after being in the saddle for awhile. If I had it to do over, I would do like my brother-in-law did and get a Dodge Journey. More comfort, more storage, better performance, 3rd row seat option, same size.

Built for my Foursome
By Byron on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had waited for the new Taurus sedan to come on the market because of all the good things I read about it, however, when it arrived to the showroom I could not sit in the drivers side and have any passengers in the seat behind me. Because I take my foursome golfing weekly I needed a car that would sit four and carry their golfing equipment. This was the vehicle and I love it! Fun to drive, comfort to travel in as you can see I've put almost 30,000 miles on it in my first year.

2010 Edge Review
By S. W. Enman on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded a 2005 Ford Explorer for the Edge. Big difference in vehicles. The transmission in our Edge shifts smoothly most of the time. However, as noted in Edmunds review it is reluctant to shift going up hills. More concerning is the lurching it sometimes does when stopped at an intersection. Has anyone else experienced this? It actually startles us when it happens. Otherwise it performs ok.

What's the Beef?
By Ford Fan on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have read all 2010 reviews. As a retired engineer. I am bewildered with the negative reviews. I have not had one problem with my 2010 Edge. The vehicle is as advertised. The fuel mileage is spot on as advertised. The handling and ride is mid-sized SUV quality.The more time we spend in the car, the more things we find to like. And now the all important comment, my wife loves the car.

Enjoy my Edge
By Robert S. on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my Mercedes for the Edge, with no regrets. I considered a Mercedes SUV; but that is like a Rolex clock radio, you just don't need it! I had owned several Ford's in the past, Explorer, Ranger, Taurus, all were great. The ride on the edge is not as refined as the Mercedes, but it is darn close, $30K less makes it even more comfortable. The sync system is a step above anything else I tested. I recently took the Edge on 3,500 mile trip out west and enjoyed every minute of the drive, fuel economy was better than predicted. The dealership has been on par, or better, than my high end import experiences. Ford has really stepped up and delivered again.

Reporting a malfuncioning
By Ali on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my ford Edge in may/10. on 10/06/2010 while my wife was driving the car noticed that the front wheel (driver side) was vibrating she slowed down to 35 MPH and pushed the brake pedal to stop the car but car vibrated more and moved to the left and hit into another car. I am wondering maybe there is a production problem.

Leading Edge?
By Leading Edge on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my 07 Maxima cause it was to low. I really like the ride height of the Edge and the noise level is about the same or better than the Maxima. I do miss some of the features, mostly the stereo. Ford really missed the mark on this one. The digital display is directly from the 80's, even though satellite radio equipped. Even Hyundai uses a LCD display instead of Green/Black read out. Overall I am pleased with the vehicle and will probably replace the radio asap.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Edge Suv in VA is:

$127 per month*