2010 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Even better than my Fusion!
By tozrink on 09/06/10 07:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The ride and fuel economy are just what I expected from a midsized SUV. The "sunroof" is awesome and with the Limited Pkg. the options are plentiful and nice to have.

I love this car!
By tikigal on 07/28/10 10:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My first Ford, love it! Nightime- ambiance light up, mine is purple, even the floor and console box! There are other choices of colors too. The ride beats my Lexus rx300. It's soft, luxury all the way. Easy to read dials, and nav system really easy compared to my garmin. Love the handsfree approach to nav, phone, radio. Gets better gas mileage than they say, and runs on regular. My Lexus ran on premium and so did my Acura. I can read info, last 2 cars, had to put on my glasses to see what it said. Like the back up beeps, love the wheels, and my golf clubs fit in this car. The sunroof is so big, it's like a convertible, and convert to moonroof just like that! Love the space. Great Ford!

The 2010 Ford Edge
By Bullneck852 on 06/18/10 07:04 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I previously owned a Nissan Murano and I loved that car except for the CTV transmission. I purchased my new Edge after seriously considering and testing the Toyotas, Mercedes, and GMC Acadia. I have loved the Edge except for the Transmission shifting and performing in traffic. You have to stomp it to the floor to get it to down shift in traffic. I also seems to wonder in and out of gears at highway speeds. I love all other features and unlike others I like the interior and overall looks. The Ford Sync is very nice and the car rides very nice. Be sure to get the 20" tires for ride. I drove Fords over 20 years ago and didn't like the transmission then. No little has changed.

Very pleasant surprise
By Henry on 03/27/10 02:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have only owned this car a week. We were devout Toyota fans until we started having Prius problems and Toyota didn't want to know us. We drove a Venza, which we loved but don't be fooled. The new Edge is every bit as good if not better than the Venza. I agree with others, pay a little more and buy the Limited, its worth every penny. Four years ago you couldn't have given me a Ford, the build and quality has come a long long way. We were fortunate enough to get employee pricing that made a sweet deal even sweeter. And another big clincher for us, Ford DID NOT TAKE ANY BAILOUT MONEY! and above all Wife Loves it! Drive one, you will be very pleasantly surprised.

Love my Edge but ...
By Bob R. on 03/18/10 12:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

On our annual trip to Florida we traveled over 650 miles each day and were pleasantly surprised at the comfortable ride. Would have driven further but I don't like to drive at night. The seats are great and give excellent support. Getting into and out of the car is easy; CLIMB UP to get in, and STEP DOWN to get out. No need to grab the door to pull yourself up (like I did in my Crown Victoria). It responds well when necessary. However, I rated reliability a six. The reason is that my Edge was twice "Found On Road (driveway) Dead", requiring a jump start. The dealer ship may have located the problem as it now appears to be a faulty key pad on the door, as I use the pad to lock the car.

Best move yet
By Big guy & the Diva on 01/28/10 19:17 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Comfort is great. Firm seats. Lots of elbow room. Smoot, quiet, plenty of power. If you are looking at the SEL with leather option spend a few hundred more and get the Limited. Stero system is much better, power fold down rear seats, chrome belt window plate. I looked at the SEL after the limited and am glad I went with the Limited. I drive 43 miles to work and am getting 25.2 mpg. 5 of those miles are city. Some rush hour traffic.

2010 FORD EDGE
By ANN RAGAN on 01/19/10 11:52 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Was very nervous about going from a Lincoln Navigator that I loved to a smaller Ford Edge Limited but wanted better fuel economy with a new vehicle. Just bought but initial impression is I have more options (than on my 2003 Navigator)and much better fuel economy for half the price of a new Navigator. The only thing I gave up was a little space that I rarely needed. The ride and comfort is far superior to any other vehicle I test drove from Ford's competitors (except MKX). If this vehicle continues to perform as well as it does now...Ford should be proud!

Outstanding Choice
By Huron on 12/30/09 08:27 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Without a doubt, this is the best vehicle of about 75 that we have owned or leased over the years -- including our other vehicle which is a Honda. The Edge has a great ride, a very smooth and responsive engine, a nice and easy-to-use interior layout and controls, comfortable seats (and that is from someone who has had major back problems for many years), very quiet, and all the luxury items that you would expect from a much more expensive vehicle. It is just the right size for driving around town, parking is a breeze, and it has very adequate luggage space for trips plus excellent space when the rear seat is folded down. From our perspective, we couldn't be happier with this vehicle.

Big Mistake
By Chuck B. on 12/06/09 18:55 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drove a number of different vehicles before making this purchase. I was impressed with the ride and liked the slightly larger, 3.5l motor that this car had. Unfortunately, the 3 versions of the car that I tested all had navigation, which I did not get. Here's the first problem. As someone has already pointed out the radio display is really awful. In addition, much of the information in the driver's information center that's available in other cars is not available on the Ford. You also have little choice with exit/entry lighting, etc. The car was delivered with a vibration making quality suspect. I kept the car for 10 days, then sold it at a big loss because I knew I'd never be satisfied

The Edge
By David on 11/29/09 07:10 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After reading many of the reviews from other consumers and then becoming a Ford Edge owner I will disagree with several previous comments. The brakes perform fine plus the cruise control is very, very simple and intuitive. The dash display and sound system controls are simple and easy to use. On new topics from a personal viewpoint, we are impressed with the vehicle and recommend it highly. As a previous owner of two Lexus cars we found the ride to be Lexus like and very quiet inside. The driver has a sense of control with responsive handling. The fit and finish is excellent providing a sense of very high quality. We love the Edge so far and remain optimistic about our purchase.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Edge in VA is:

$125 per month*