Used 2010 Ford Edge Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Even better than my Fusion!
By tozrink

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The ride and fuel economy are just what I expected from a midsized SUV. The "sunroof" is awesome and with the Limited Pkg. the options are plentiful and nice to have.

Favorite Features

Power rear door opening from front dash, inside rear compartment or FOB; Ambient lighting is fun.

Suggested Improvements

Cargo cover for back area, tinting doesn't always hide my stuff!

I love this car!
By tikigal

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My first Ford, love it! Nightime- ambiance light up, mine is purple, even the floor and console box! There are other choices of colors too. The ride beats my Lexus rx300. It's soft, luxury all the way. Easy to read dials, and nav system really easy compared to my garmin. Love the handsfree approach to nav, phone, radio. Gets better gas mileage than they say, and runs on regular. My Lexus ran on premium and so did my Acura. I can read info, last 2 cars, had to put on my glasses to see what it said. Like the back up beeps, love the wheels, and my golf clubs fit in this car. The sunroof is so big, it's like a convertible, and convert to moonroof just like that! Love the space. Great Ford!

Favorite Features

ambiance controlled lighting, smooth soft drive, excellent sound system

Suggested Improvements

Plastic on insides of trunk space protrude just a bit. Golf clubs fit, but could fit better, with less plastic indentation on the side (laterally).

The 2010 Ford Edge
By Bullneck852

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I previously owned a Nissan Murano and I loved that car except for the CTV transmission. I purchased my new Edge after seriously considering and testing the Toyotas, Mercedes, and GMC Acadia. I have loved the Edge except for the Transmission shifting and performing in traffic. You have to stomp it to the floor to get it to down shift in traffic. I also seems to wonder in and out of gears at highway speeds. I love all other features and unlike others I like the interior and overall looks. The Ford Sync is very nice and the car rides very nice. Be sure to get the 20" tires for ride. I drove Fords over 20 years ago and didn't like the transmission then. No little has changed.

Favorite Features

Ford Sync, Navigation, Sound system is awesome, and Extra large moon roof which is almost like a convertible. The Car is comfortable, rides nice, and feels heavy with descent performance at take off. Also I find it very quiet. Drink holders and center glove compartment is very nice.

Suggested Improvements

Flooring and carpeting is rather thin and cheap for a $38,000 car. Transmission is not very responsive to your commands. It always seems I want it to pick up in traffic and it lugs in a higher gear. You have to stomp it down almost to make it kick back. Braking is fair and could be better.

Very pleasant surprise
By Henry

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have only owned this car a week. We were devout Toyota fans until we started having Prius problems and Toyota didn't want to know us. We drove a Venza, which we loved but don't be fooled. The new Edge is every bit as good if not better than the Venza. I agree with others, pay a little more and buy the Limited, its worth every penny. Four years ago you couldn't have given me a Ford, the build and quality has come a long long way. We were fortunate enough to get employee pricing that made a sweet deal even sweeter. And another big clincher for us, Ford DID NOT TAKE ANY BAILOUT MONEY! and above all Wife Loves it! Drive one, you will be very pleasantly surprised.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable, nice finish, power tailgate, great sound system, very quiet, great drive.

Suggested Improvements

Still a bit plasticky inside, proper aluminum rims, gearbox needs better gearing and better downshift (c'mon Ford where are the paddle shifters??)

Love my Edge but ...
By Bob R.

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

On our annual trip to Florida we traveled over 650 miles each day and were pleasantly surprised at the comfortable ride. Would have driven further but I don't like to drive at night. The seats are great and give excellent support. Getting into and out of the car is easy; CLIMB UP to get in, and STEP DOWN to get out. No need to grab the door to pull yourself up (like I did in my Crown Victoria). It responds well when necessary. However, I rated reliability a six. The reason is that my Edge was twice "Found On Road (driveway) Dead", requiring a jump start. The dealer ship may have located the problem as it now appears to be a faulty key pad on the door, as I use the pad to lock the car.

Favorite Features

I like sitting up higher, improves the visibility all around, and the blind spot mirrors are a godsend. The automatic rear gate makes for easy access. Likewise the fold down rear seats with a flip of a switch; appears as tho Ford had us seniors in mind, as we find it very senior friendly!

Suggested Improvements

I rated interior design a 6. The speedometer is located on the right of center, and the steering wheel blocks its view. I have tried all sorts of adjustments but it is not comfortable. I see where the 2011 Edge has centered the speedometer. The radio and climate controls are not user friendly.