2009 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Nice Car!
By Ralph on 06/29/09 16:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I grew up with Ford trucks and station wagons. I currently own a 1997 F350 crew cab. The Edge is a totally new experience for me and my family. I can't get my wife out of the car, she's always on the road! My kids who normally think that their parents are "old" love it! Their computer Geek friends love SNYC and the other features. We love the ride.

I love my Edge
By Dani in NY on 05/29/09 22:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been driving my Ford Edge Limited since March 09, and all I have to say so far is that I Love It!! The main reason why I picked it over the other vehicles I was considering was the technology package. You get so much more for the money compared to other vehicles. The exterior designed is powerful and I love the way it drives!

Room for improvement
By Eddy on 05/21/09 16:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Edge is pretty much everything advertised. It handles well and is a very "tight" vehicle. The roominess in the rear seat is definitely superior to the GM Suv's I have owned. Overall , a great vehicle with the instrument panel lighting being the only "significant " shortfall. Without any backlighting, it is hard to read on a cloudy/overcast day or towards sunset. This lack of lighting is unusual in the Industry today.

2008 Ford Edge SEL
By Fernando on 05/14/09 10:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a brand new 2008 Ford Edge back in March 2009 and I love the car. It feels like a real car. Its performace is awesome and not to mention its outside and inside design. Even my wife wants to drive my car more often than her Honda Pilot. The Sync system is great and if you are into technology, you will enjoy it even more. I must say that Ford really scored a 10+ on this one.

A Positive Surprise
By landkclyde on 03/31/09 15:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased a new Edge for my wife and we are both very satisfied with our choice. The car has great styling, feels very solid and drives and handles surprising well. You can't beat the comfort and roominess, especially in the back seat. Despite the complaints of some critics, I find the interior quality to be quite good and the materials seem very durable. The Edge equals or exceeds most of the foreign made equivalents that we tried and at a much better price after dealer and factory discounts. Have you driven a Ford lately?

Love My Ford Edge
By Ken In Texas on 03/27/09 12:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I went from a Lincoln Mark-LT to the Ford Edge and so far I am very happy with my choice. People have commented that it looks like a Lexus and I think it rides like one too. I really like SYNC and all of it's associated features. It is roomy on the inside and is easy to maneuver. The turning radius is great. I also like the automatic liftgate. I have not had it on the highway yet but am averaging 18 MPG in the city. I expect to get around 25 on the highway. It has a lot of zip to it. I think Ford finally has a crossover SUV that can compete with Honda and Toyota brands.

2009 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cy
By Big Daddy on 03/23/09 13:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After months of car shopping and test driving the competition I handed my leased Escape back and drove home new Front Wheel Drive Edge Limited. Black with charcoal interior, vista roof, sync and chrome 18" wheels. Gotta say right now that the front wheel drive gets the mpg up there on the highway using cruise control. I read the book cover to cover and went out to set all my electronics and preferences. Filled it up, got on the parkway, pressed the reset button for the MPG function and took a 2 hour drive. Set the cruise control to 63mph and kicked back to some music. I got it up to 26 miles per gallon by the time I got back. Rpm,s were steady at 1600 for 63 mph so there's the reason.

Drive it & Buy It
By Crossovered on 02/15/09 01:10 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Edge SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The sport model look got me! With factory 22" wheels & body kit, looks great from any angle. It transformed the ride/handling into something unlike any SUV/CUV. If you like the tight suspension, definitely consider the sport model. Interior is not the best, but with nav/sync, makes it a lot more fun. Lots of legroom front & back. Car still new, getting 17.5 mpg average, hope it will improve. Test driven Murano, Venza, Rav4, Tiguan, & Pilot, none look as good as this sport model.

Great SUV
By Quaid007 on 01/25/09 16:58 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Ford Edge based on looks, the Sync system, and Ford's recently emerging reputation for quality. So far I am very satisfied with the entire car as a whole. The drive is smooth and quiet with good acceleration when needed. The body styling is attractive in a timeless way. It looks masculine and beefy, unlike the CRV or the Vue, and it doesn't have any over-exaggerated curves that might make it dated in a few years, like the Murano. The interior is roomy, comfortable, and stylish (despite what some professional reviews say). The best part is the Sync system and touch- screen display--it makes the car fun to drive. Ford included all the right options for the price.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Edge Suv in WA is:

$166 per month*