Used 2009 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Best purchase I've ever made
By Andrew

2009 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This Edge is a great vehicle. The SYNC system is a great safety feature. I was involved in an accident when a person turned left right in front of me and I was on the phone with 911 in less than 5 seconds. Highway MPG has been excellent for a vehicle of it's size at 24-25 mpg at 70-75 mph. In town I average 18-19 mpg. The quality of the interior is outstanding. The leather is plush, the heated seats excellent, and the air conditioning is strong. Plenty of power, smooth shifting, comfortable seating and great view. Only negative is it's hard to judge how wide it is when entering our garage, I've had a few near misses with the mirrors.

SYNC, Leather Quality, Steering Wheel Controls, Power Liftgate!

Glare on the windshield is annoying on sunny days but is easily fixed with polarized sunglasses.

So very disappointed
By martha

2009 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2009 Edge in May of 09 and by this month (Oct 09) the car is having transmission issues. It also had to have the front passenger speaker replaced...twice! Needless to say that i am horribly disappointed with Ford and regret getting rid of my reliable GMC Yukon. I thought I was going to save on the mileage, but I would have preferred to keep spending a ton on gas than have to deal with all the issues this 5 month old car has given me. I will never again purchase Ford or any other make/model this company makes and will do everything I can to tell people to avoid Ford vehicles like the plague! I thought Ford had fixed all their issues, but obviously this isn't the case!

There are some, but am too angry about the issues I've had to care enough to list them.

Make a car that won't break down after 5 months!!!!!!!

Big Change
By JT

2009 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This Edge is my first cross over. I replaced a Hemi Durango so I was hoping for better fuel milage. So far this thing rocks. plenty of power with great manners, and lots of room for a 6'3 guy. Brakes are a little weak for such a light car.

Sound system, heated seats, vista roof, reclining rear seats, powerfolding seats.

better fuel economy in the city, better brakes.

Not bad overall!
By eddy649

2009 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After owning four GM Suv"s in a row, I tried the Edge feeling the GM line had fallen behind. I have been very impressed with the vehicle itself but disappointed in some of the "amenities". The IP is very difficult to see in low light conditions-this in itself will prevent a repurchase as both drivers feel it is dangerous. The radio (LED) is archaic ,difficult to read . The privacy cover behind the back seat is a joke.

Panoramic roof, backup sensors,sync,ride

Brighten up and update Instrument panel.Update radio controls. Install auto roll privacy cover over storage area

New owner - very impressed
By sully

2009 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Styling is great - the interior is well built and simple but classy / refined - no overdone plastic wood - no rattles or excessive wind noises - I have the vista roof - just a great feel and view - it is just like the SRX roof - the Sync system for the phone is a 10 - clear - understands every word - still have not interfaced the ipod yet - I drive a lot 3/4 highway - 22+ MPG - use the overdrive button for getting off the highway - it will downshift - save brakes for the long run - I do 40K a yr - one negative for me is no manual shifting of the automatic. Roof was worth the trade off - so far very quite and firm but car like ride - I test drove them all and when I drove the Edge, SOLD!

vista roof, sync system better than onstar due to bluetooth connection, ride quality - visibility- backup sensors, automatic tail gate - seat configuration, seat comfort I am 6ft 240lbs, chrome wheels, very good headlights and fog lights,tight steering - spot car like, very comfortable for long rides

overall acceptable MPg - wish it was bit better -