2009 Ford Edge Consumer Review: 2009 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV

2009 Ford Edge - Consumer Review

2009 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cy
By Big Daddy on

2009 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After months of car shopping and test driving the competition I handed my leased Escape back and drove home new Front Wheel Drive Edge Limited. Black with charcoal interior, vista roof, sync and chrome 18" wheels. Gotta say right now that the front wheel drive gets the mpg up there on the highway using cruise control. I read the book cover to cover and went out to set all my electronics and preferences. Filled it up, got on the parkway, pressed the reset button for the MPG function and took a 2 hour drive. Set the cruise control to 63mph and kicked back to some music. I got it up to 26 miles per gallon by the time I got back. Rpm,s were steady at 1600 for 63 mph so there's the reason.

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort, vista roof (no need for air deflector, it's built in already), sync, sound system and ambient lighting.

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel is too offset to the left so can't see all the instrument panel. Brakes are way soft. 18" wheels with chrome appearance are just hub caps, really should have been upfront with that. otherwise I love this car!