Used 2009 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Ford Edge
By FordEdge

2009 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Use the vehicle daily for hauling our 2 children, and for work (lots of windshield time). Have had no problems what-so-ever with this vehicle.

Favorite Features

This is the base SE model and the front seats are extremely comfortable and I only have the manual adjustments.

Suggested Improvements

Improve upon the fuel economy. Gets the fuel economy of a 7 or 8 passenger crossover. My only complaint.

Just little issues
By Tom

2009 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle for work and I drive a lot of highway miles. I was hoping for better (averaging around 21 mpg) fuel economy then what I am experiencing. I have had a number of little issues from faulty wiring connectors to the radio mysteriousely turning off.

Favorite Features

Handling, power, traction control on Fwd model excellent in heavy snow!

Suggested Improvements

Electrical system reliability; Snyc wireless phone connection not as good as I had hoped.

Not a 10 anymore!
By On the Edge

2009 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Edge because I wanted the styling, the dual roof and a Ford. But within the first year, the dual roof broke twice, the car stalled twice until it was determined it needed a new part. It is sluggish up a hill and slipped from being a 10 to a 5 in my recent opinion. All my friends know the problems I have had and have purchased other SUVs. No one I know will buy an Edge. I think I have a lemon and don't find my review reflective of all Edge's. But my lemon is getting more sour in it's second year. The roof is stuck again.

Favorite Features

The 17" chrome wheels and the exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

The roof mechanics should be improved.

new ford owner
By giants fan

2009 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our edge when our grand prix was going downhill and we needed a bigger car due because of having a child. We've never owned a ford because I've always been weary on buying them but I was very impressed with it. Test drive was awesome. Car rides really nice and smooth. Plenty of leg room and a lot of space in the back. I enjoy driving this car and I am so glad we found the edge.

Favorite Features

Lots of room in the rear. Comfortable seating. Radio controls on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

none so far

The Edge has edge
By Lisa B

2009 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my '09 Edge Limited AWD. It has great looks, drives well and has it's own style. However, Ford needs to add an indicator on the dash to show when the lights are "on". They could have added softer material to the door panels (near windows) so the interior doesn't feel so "plastic"- at least in the Limited model. The on screen buttons need to be larger. Otherwise great car and fun to drive- has great leg room in rear and I can pack a lot of things with the seats folded down flat. Very versatile. I was very surprised how much I enjoy owning and driving my Edge and am not disappointed one bit.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride Good looks Uncomplicated buttons, easy to reach Seats are comfortable Versatile storage

Suggested Improvements

An indicator on the dashboard when the lights are in the "ON" position Larger on-screen buttons for the NAV system Softer, cushioned material on the inside doors so they are no so "plastic"