2009 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
So very disappointed
By martha on 10/30/09 12:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2009 Edge in May of 09 and by this month (Oct 09) the car is having transmission issues. It also had to have the front passenger speaker replaced...twice! Needless to say that i am horribly disappointed with Ford and regret getting rid of my reliable GMC Yukon. I thought I was going to save on the mileage, but I would have preferred to keep spending a ton on gas than have to deal with all the issues this 5 month old car has given me. I will never again purchase Ford or any other make/model this company makes and will do everything I can to tell people to avoid Ford vehicles like the plague! I thought Ford had fixed all their issues, but obviously this isn't the case!

Big Change
By JT on 10/14/09 01:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This Edge is my first cross over. I replaced a Hemi Durango so I was hoping for better fuel milage. So far this thing rocks. plenty of power with great manners, and lots of room for a 6'3 guy. Brakes are a little weak for such a light car.

Not bad overall!
By eddy649 on 10/04/09 18:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After owning four GM Suv"s in a row, I tried the Edge feeling the GM line had fallen behind. I have been very impressed with the vehicle itself but disappointed in some of the "amenities". The IP is very difficult to see in low light conditions-this in itself will prevent a repurchase as both drivers feel it is dangerous. The radio (LED) is archaic ,difficult to read . The privacy cover behind the back seat is a joke.

New owner - very impressed
By sully on 09/20/09 08:05 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Styling is great - the interior is well built and simple but classy / refined - no overdone plastic wood - no rattles or excessive wind noises - I have the vista roof - just a great feel and view - it is just like the SRX roof - the Sync system for the phone is a 10 - clear - understands every word - still have not interfaced the ipod yet - I drive a lot 3/4 highway - 22+ MPG - use the overdrive button for getting off the highway - it will downshift - save brakes for the long run - I do 40K a yr - one negative for me is no manual shifting of the automatic. Roof was worth the trade off - so far very quite and firm but car like ride - I test drove them all and when I drove the Edge, SOLD!

Ford has the Edge on this one!
By warmsunSeattle on 09/03/09 13:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Cash for Clunkers combined with rebates and dealer discount, I could not be anymore happier with my purchase. The ride is quiet, smooth and handles well, practically glides over bumps, potholes & train tracks. Front seats are very comfortable. Lumbar support adds comfort on long trips. Synch makes it a car for the 21st century. Mileage could be better but, hey, at least it doesn't takes premium unleaded gas. The interior is spacious for passengers & cargo. Rear and front passenger seats fold down providing lots of room for trips to the hardware store. Comes with key fob so no more locking my keys in the car.

Think I made a mistake
By tkruse on 08/30/09 22:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had to replace a Jeep Grand Cherokee in a hurry and did not want another jeep. I think I made a mistake. Vehicle looks good and a has a smooth quiet ride, but the build and material quality is seems very cheap. The rear outer door handle feel like they could break off in your hand. Hard plastic throughout. probably wont keep for long.

Poor city MPG 14 or less
By Bob69 on 08/23/09 20:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am unhappy with the MPG in city driving. I struggle to get 14 MPG. Hwy driving at 70 MPH is great, over 25 MPG. My wife feels the passenger side seat does not slide back far enough to allow good leg room and it is hard for her to buckle the seat belt because the insert for the buckle is down to low. Other than that we enjoy the car.

Should have bought the Pilot
By Paul M on 08/17/09 11:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I made the mistake of going for the best deal not the best automobile. My choice came down to Pilot or Edge and to save a few bucks went with the Edge. I am kicking myself now. Pilot was quieter, smoother, and had better quality materials especially interior. Can't believe I didn't notice only way to stop cruise is by braking. Edge looks nicer but quality wise doesn't compare.

Poor MPG in Town
By R. Laing on 07/21/09 06:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am pleased with most things about this SUV. It gets over 25 MPG on the Hwy with average speed of 70 MPH, but in town I am very disappointed. In normal city driving it gets 13 to 14 MPG.

PRETTY NICE
By KENNETH BISHOP on 07/15/09 16:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Upgraded from 2000 Windstar.Love the car,love the vista roof and awesome audiofile stereo system,very fun to drive.sharp looking vehicle.Plenty of get up and go.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Edge in VA is:

$131 per month*