2009 Ford Edge SEL SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2009 Edge Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Sort Reviews by

Just little issues
By Tom

2009 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle for work and I drive a lot of highway miles. I was hoping for better (averaging around 21 mpg) fuel economy then what I am experiencing. I have had a number of little issues from faulty wiring connectors to the radio mysteriousely turning off.

Favorite Features

Handling, power, traction control on Fwd model excellent in heavy snow!

Suggested Improvements

Electrical system reliability; Snyc wireless phone connection not as good as I had hoped.

Not a 10 anymore!
By On the Edge

2009 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Edge because I wanted the styling, the dual roof and a Ford. But within the first year, the dual roof broke twice, the car stalled twice until it was determined it needed a new part. It is sluggish up a hill and slipped from being a 10 to a 5 in my recent opinion. All my friends know the problems I have had and have purchased other SUVs. No one I know will buy an Edge. I think I have a lemon and don't find my review reflective of all Edge's. But my lemon is getting more sour in it's second year. The roof is stuck again.

Favorite Features

The 17" chrome wheels and the exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

The roof mechanics should be improved.

So very disappointed
By martha

2009 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2009 Edge in May of 09 and by this month (Oct 09) the car is having transmission issues. It also had to have the front passenger speaker replaced...twice! Needless to say that i am horribly disappointed with Ford and regret getting rid of my reliable GMC Yukon. I thought I was going to save on the mileage, but I would have preferred to keep spending a ton on gas than have to deal with all the issues this 5 month old car has given me. I will never again purchase Ford or any other make/model this company makes and will do everything I can to tell people to avoid Ford vehicles like the plague! I thought Ford had fixed all their issues, but obviously this isn't the case!

Favorite Features

There are some, but am too angry about the issues I've had to care enough to list them.

Suggested Improvements

Make a car that won't break down after 5 months!!!!!!!

Nice Car!
By Ralph

2009 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I grew up with Ford trucks and station wagons. I currently own a 1997 F350 crew cab. The Edge is a totally new experience for me and my family. I can't get my wife out of the car, she's always on the road! My kids who normally think that their parents are "old" love it! Their computer Geek friends love SNYC and the other features. We love the ride.

Favorite Features

The technology is AWESOME, the car is roomy, lot's of storage space, the sound systems is AWESOME, the drivers seat has a great view around, Satellite radio is cool, the sun roof is nicccccccccccccce.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the gas milage.

2008 Ford Edge SEL
By Fernando

2009 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a brand new 2008 Ford Edge back in March 2009 and I love the car. It feels like a real car. Its performace is awesome and not to mention its outside and inside design. Even my wife wants to drive my car more often than her Honda Pilot. The Sync system is great and if you are into technology, you will enjoy it even more. I must say that Ford really scored a 10+ on this one.

Favorite Features

Sync system, confort, looks and a good price.

Suggested Improvements

None. Do not do anything to it.