Used 2009 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

AC STINKS AND FORD KNOWS IT!!!!! NICE BUT PLASTICY INTERIOR
By Dorothy Burns

2009 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had Our 09 EDGE SEL WITH VISTA ROOF for 2+ years and love most of it. This car has been great except for the air conditioning. If the temp outside is over 75 degrees...FORGET ABOUT IT! AC STINKS ARSE. Have had it recharged and tested.Have cleaned filter screen behind glove box.Weak as water!IthinkFORDshould be ashamed of themselves they know this AC system sucks and should be responsible and RECALL all EDGES 2007-2010. Have heard they know it is a manufacture defect that causes some of the refrigerant to bypass the condenser! Everyone I know who has an EDGE says the same thing...The AC STINKS!!!!!!!!!! IF you are looking to buy one test drive it on a very hot day with salesman.

Not THE AC!!! Horrible!! Touch screen Nav. with SYNC!!! Auto fold rear seats. Large feel to the interior...rear seats have lots of room.

Interior is cheap plastic on door area. Power window & lock buttons always get wet when door opens after rain or snow. Head rests are annoying as well...not adjustable at all. This day and age and not adjustable?????

great car
By vipkat

2009 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

bought new in 09 and have not had 1 issue and has 40k now, getting 21 or 22 mpg which is ok but not great, love the ride, brakes, and interior , major step up from my jeep that rode like a tractor, was loud and got 15 mpg, suprised other report so many issues with reliability

ride, styling, rear seat

better visibilty in the front, better interior materials, better mpg

Fix or Repair Daily
By kimberly flynn

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had nothing but problems w/my edge! I had all my wheels replaced w/in the first 9mos of having it, speakers went out, electrical problems, vent broke, ignition replaced, and now my rear differential it being replaced! I am fed up w/this vehicle and for some reason its not a lemon by my states law! I am upset w/Ford Motor Company and my dealer that I bought from! I'm stuck in the middle of a terrible situation! Plus, My car has been in the Service shop 13 times equaling me to be their a total of 26 times! Tired of my car and I am really disappointed in this Ford that I have 2 fix on a regular basis! I truly dislike my days off now because I spend it in a waiting room for my car.

Air Conditioning problems
By Shelia

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned my 2009 Ford Edge for a year, and I loved everything about the car until my one year anniversary month. The air conditioner began going out at unexpected times. It would only blow air as if it were on the defroster setting. Nothing would When I took the car in to be repaired, the air would come back on and work properly. Later, the coolness of the air would vary from time to time. I never know when it will work, and when it won't. I work, and I don't have time to run back and forth to the service dept. I am also fed up with roasting in the heat when the air conditioner is out. I am paying a huge monthly payment for a car with little to no air conditioning 50 of the time.

Lemon Amongst Apples
By Gayle

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the Edge after owning a Tahoe, what a difference in gas mileage. I like the SUV but I got a lemon. I have talked to multiple Edge owners and none have had my problems.This truck has major problems with the brakes I have brought it in multiple times to have them looked at for excessive pulsing in the brakes and it is still pulsing worst than ever. There is also a major smell in the cabin of oil burning. I brought the SUV in for that also but was told it was a bag in the manifold, that was 2 years ago and the smell still comes and goes. Well I guess its a good thing I leased the SUV. I know many Edges owners and they love it. Fr me I couldn't buy another one due to the experience I had.

Gas Mileage, handling,Comfort, Interior Room

Brakes, Smell of oil, warranty length (no faith in there product)