2009 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
great car
By vipkat on 04/06/12 13:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

bought new in 09 and have not had 1 issue and has 40k now, getting 21 or 22 mpg which is ok but not great, love the ride, brakes, and interior , major step up from my jeep that rode like a tractor, was loud and got 15 mpg, suprised other report so many issues with reliability

Fix or Repair Daily
By kimberly flynn on 08/29/10 19:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had nothing but problems w/my edge! I had all my wheels replaced w/in the first 9mos of having it, speakers went out, electrical problems, vent broke, ignition replaced, and now my rear differential it being replaced! I am fed up w/this vehicle and for some reason its not a lemon by my states law! I am upset w/Ford Motor Company and my dealer that I bought from! I'm stuck in the middle of a terrible situation! Plus, My car has been in the Service shop 13 times equaling me to be their a total of 26 times! Tired of my car and I am really disappointed in this Ford that I have 2 fix on a regular basis! I truly dislike my days off now because I spend it in a waiting room for my car.

Air Conditioning problems
By Shelia on 08/13/10 16:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned my 2009 Ford Edge for a year, and I loved everything about the car until my one year anniversary month. The air conditioner began going out at unexpected times. It would only blow air as if it were on the defroster setting. Nothing would When I took the car in to be repaired, the air would come back on and work properly. Later, the coolness of the air would vary from time to time. I never know when it will work, and when it won't. I work, and I don't have time to run back and forth to the service dept. I am also fed up with roasting in the heat when the air conditioner is out. I am paying a huge monthly payment for a car with little to no air conditioning 50 of the time.

Lemon Amongst Apples
By Gayle on 07/30/10 20:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the Edge after owning a Tahoe, what a difference in gas mileage. I like the SUV but I got a lemon. I have talked to multiple Edge owners and none have had my problems.This truck has major problems with the brakes I have brought it in multiple times to have them looked at for excessive pulsing in the brakes and it is still pulsing worst than ever. There is also a major smell in the cabin of oil burning. I brought the SUV in for that also but was told it was a bag in the manifold, that was 2 years ago and the smell still comes and goes. Well I guess its a good thing I leased the SUV. I know many Edges owners and they love it. Fr me I couldn't buy another one due to the experience I had.

Ford Edge
By FordEdge on 05/05/10 12:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Use the vehicle daily for hauling our 2 children, and for work (lots of windshield time). Have had no problems what-so-ever with this vehicle.

Just little issues
By Tom on 02/13/10 05:58 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle for work and I drive a lot of highway miles. I was hoping for better (averaging around 21 mpg) fuel economy then what I am experiencing. I have had a number of little issues from faulty wiring connectors to the radio mysteriousely turning off.

Not a 10 anymore!
By On the Edge on 01/31/10 09:40 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Edge because I wanted the styling, the dual roof and a Ford. But within the first year, the dual roof broke twice, the car stalled twice until it was determined it needed a new part. It is sluggish up a hill and slipped from being a 10 to a 5 in my recent opinion. All my friends know the problems I have had and have purchased other SUVs. No one I know will buy an Edge. I think I have a lemon and don't find my review reflective of all Edge's. But my lemon is getting more sour in it's second year. The roof is stuck again.

new ford owner
By giants fan on 01/10/10 14:52 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our edge when our grand prix was going downhill and we needed a bigger car due because of having a child. We've never owned a ford because I've always been weary on buying them but I was very impressed with it. Test drive was awesome. Car rides really nice and smooth. Plenty of leg room and a lot of space in the back. I enjoy driving this car and I am so glad we found the edge.

The Edge has edge
By Lisa B on 12/01/09 08:09 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my '09 Edge Limited AWD. It has great looks, drives well and has it's own style. However, Ford needs to add an indicator on the dash to show when the lights are "on". They could have added softer material to the door panels (near windows) so the interior doesn't feel so "plastic"- at least in the Limited model. The on screen buttons need to be larger. Otherwise great car and fun to drive- has great leg room in rear and I can pack a lot of things with the seats folded down flat. Very versatile. I was very surprised how much I enjoy owning and driving my Edge and am not disappointed one bit.

Best purchase I've ever made
By Andrew on 11/20/09 12:50 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This Edge is a great vehicle. The SYNC system is a great safety feature. I was involved in an accident when a person turned left right in front of me and I was on the phone with 911 in less than 5 seconds. Highway MPG has been excellent for a vehicle of it's size at 24-25 mpg at 70-75 mph. In town I average 18-19 mpg. The quality of the interior is outstanding. The leather is plush, the heated seats excellent, and the air conditioning is strong. Plenty of power, smooth shifting, comfortable seating and great view. Only negative is it's hard to judge how wide it is when entering our garage, I've had a few near misses with the mirrors.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Edge Suv in VA is:

$131 per month*