Used 2009 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Good to great
By Tom Carr

2009 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Rides well and plenty of room,no big problems. Only mech problem with spark plug wires et dealer Bozard ford made problems worse .
Nav sys is sad and cloth seats hard to keep clean.

I love my Edge!
By Pam

2009 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Edge used with 38,000 miles on it in 2012. It now has 116,600 miles on it, has been cross-country 7 times, up and down mountains, through blinding rain storms, and it has never failed me yet. The only repair we've had to do so far was to replace the windshield washer jets ($20 DIY) and replace the cabin air filter. (When you think the AC isn't working, check the filter.) It's even pulled a fully-loaded 6 x 12 trailer more than 5000 miles with no problem. I won't be replacing it until it just won't run anymore.

AC STINKS AND FORD KNOWS IT!!!!! NICE BUT PLASTICY INTERIOR
By Dorothy Burns

2009 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had Our 09 EDGE SEL WITH VISTA ROOF for 2+ years and love most of it.
This car has been great except for the air conditioning. If the temp outside is over 75 degrees...FORGET ABOUT IT! AC STINKS ARSE. Have had it recharged and tested.Have cleaned filter screen behind glove box.Weak as water!IthinkFORDshould be ashamed of themselves they know this AC system sucks and should be responsible and RECALL all EDGES 2007-2010. Have heard they know it is a manufacture defect that causes some of the refrigerant to bypass the condenser! Everyone I know who has an EDGE says the same thing...The AC STINKS!!!!!!!!!! IF you are looking to buy one test drive it on a very hot day with salesman.

Not THE AC!!! Horrible!! Touch screen Nav. with SYNC!!! Auto fold rear seats. Large feel to the interior...rear seats have lots of room.

Interior is cheap plastic on door area. Power window & lock buttons always get wet when door opens after rain or snow. Head rests are annoying as well...not adjustable at all. This day and age and not adjustable?????

great car
By vipkat

2009 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

bought new in 09 and have not had 1 issue and has 40k now, getting 21 or 22 mpg which is ok but not great, love the ride, brakes, and interior , major step up from my jeep that rode like a tractor, was loud and got 15 mpg, suprised other report so many issues with reliability

ride, styling, rear seat

better visibilty in the front, better interior materials, better mpg

Fix or Repair Daily
By kimberly flynn

2009 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had nothing but problems w/my edge! I had all my wheels replaced w/in the first 9mos of having it, speakers went out, electrical problems, vent broke, ignition replaced, and now my rear differential it being replaced! I am fed up w/this vehicle and for some reason its not a lemon by my states law! I am upset w/Ford Motor Company and my dealer that I bought from! I'm stuck in the middle of a terrible situation! Plus, My car has been in the Service shop 13 times equaling me to be their a total of 26 times! Tired of my car and I am really disappointed in this Ford that I have 2 fix on a regular basis! I truly dislike my days off now because I spend it in a waiting room for my car.