2008 Ford Edge 3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Ford Edge - An Out

2008 Ford Edge - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Ford Edge - An Out of the Park Home Run
By Gordon on

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first SUV I have ever owned and never understood the attraction until now. I have been a continuous Ford owner since I was a teenager and I own a number of Fords including a 1964 T-Bird, 1995 Lincoln Mark 8, 2002 Lincoln LS V8, 2002 T-Bird and now the Edge AWD LTD. This vehicle is comfortable, quiet, solid and well equipped. The exterior and interior styling is beautiful with the leather interior and it rides like my Lincolns.

Favorite Features

The Vista Roof adds so much natural light, the BlueTooth/Sync for hands free phone, Sirus radio and the big 20 inch chrome wheels with the AWD make it great in our deep snow up here.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage but I am still on break-in but feel a 6 speed should get better mileage and perhaps in the warmer weather and more highway driving I feel it will improve. Braking is not great but it is a big vehicle so adjusting my driving habits will solve that; we all drive too close anyway.