2008 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Improved Ford, still asking for more
By driver@FL on 05/10/08 09:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded a 05 Freestyle for the 08 Edge. I test drove 09 Murano, Mazda CX-7, Acura RDX. Decided for the Edge because of the lower lease payments (+ X-plan), vista roof, and some other features. Exterior design also a plus. However I have to admit the 09 Murano drives much better and has a better finishing, unfortunately too expensive and premium fuel. The Edge engine and 6 speed auto-trans. is a huge leap from my old engine with the CVT. I read some reviews saying not refined, slow, etc.. for the Edge/MKX. Maybe not the best ever but I am very happy and suprised with its performance.

Very happy with the 2008 Edge
By LisaK on 05/03/08 07:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Ford Edge fun to drive. Really hugs the road and turns on a dime. I have more confidence than with the extra long SUV we had before this. It does not shift too hard, its very good going up hills and getting on highways. I can't wait to drive it in the snow!

What a Blast!
By DickDay on 04/29/08 21:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have a really bad back, and am looking at surgery some day. I traded the 2007 Escape Hybrid in the 2008 Edge Limited because of the seating. The Edge seats are easy on my back and allow me to take long trips without back pain.

Ford beats Honda & Toyota with the Edge
By Teresa Sheets on 04/29/08 05:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded a Lexus 04 LS 300 for my Edge. I love, love, love, my Edge. So far I like this vehicle better than any vehicle I have owned. I bought an 02 4 runner and the Edge beats it. I love everything about it. I own an 08 Edge Limited. My Edge has all the extras except the navagiation. Joe Sartaion Ford didn't have one on their lot with navagation or I would have purchased it. I could do without the Vista roof, because I very seldom open my sun roof. The Vista roof is different and very nice.

Fine car
By PIerre on 04/24/08 18:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I couldn't be happier with my Edge. Great visibility and looks. The 20 inch wheels look great too. What a pleasure to finally drive American.

My New Edge
By TamzLynn on 04/23/08 08:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely loved driving my big Ford Expedition, but because of gas prices and $100 fill-ups, my husband & I decided to buy something smaller. I was very worried about feeling comfortable in a "smaller" vehicle b/c I'm 5'10" and having enough leg & head room was a big problem in most of the vehicles that I test-drove. The Edge is a great CUV. It has a lot of pep and it handles really well. In the Edge feel like I have more leg room in the backseat that I did in my Expedition. We took it on our first road trip and we were able to fit luggage for 4 people and still had room to spare. I can't say enough good things about the SYNC system...LOVE IT

So Far we Love this New Edge
By Limited 4dr SUV AWD on 04/16/08 18:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have only had our New Edge 1 month,but so far we love this crossover from Ford. We get a lot of second looks from people on the street, and people asking what it is. We have owned many Fords over the years and this new Edge is right close to the top of best Fords we have ever owned .Love it, love it, love it.

Very Happy with this vehicle
By Jeff on 04/14/08 15:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have the Limited version of the vehicle with every option except, the navigation sytem and auto-lift back. Vehicle is very fun to drive, responsive and gets far better gas milage then on the sticker. I am currently getting 30 mpg. This is for the most part highway driving at 70 MPH. So happy with the vehicle my wife bought one 2 weeks latter. Of course her has the navigation and lift-back. I truly believe Ford has a winner here.

My new small SUV
By Sharon on 03/30/08 04:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

At first I was a little worried about down sizing from the Ford Expedition that I have had for 5 years, but I now love it. It would be even better if it got better gas mileage. I love how it handles and looks. I think the engine sounds a little funny but I think it is because it is a 6 cyl. Overall I love it..

America is getting back in the game!
By NAFAS on 03/27/08 18:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned many new cars, mostly foreign over the years. I was afraid to commit to American, because their track record was not the greatest. I decided to check out the Ford Edge since I was in the market for a new CUV mainly for my wife. I looked at all the competition, and we already own a 2007 Santa Fe. I have to take my hat off to Ford. Their business plan is working, because this car is absolutely amazing! Excellent feature set, great design, fantastic build quality, what more can you ask for. Compared to the competition, I believe they truly have an "edge." I'm happy to support the American economy, now that Ford has a solid product! Fuel economy is on par with all other CUV's.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Ford Edge Suv in VA is:

$122 per month*