Used 2008 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Buyer Beware
By Buyer Beware

2008 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Well where do I start, I bought the 08 edge because of the deep discounts and thought what a great deal. I did not know that the radio would not work, the tire would blow out, and then the transmission would go out all in less than a week. I know that it is under warranty but, how would you feel about a new vehicle with this many problems in a short period of time? I lost faith in Ford.

great power, ok ride,

to many to list

PTU defect
By lastfordIwillown

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our SEL Ford Edge awd has been fixed 4 times and I smell burning oil again.They replaced seals and whole unit and it still leaks!!! Ford needs to let us Edge owners know how and when they can solve this problem.

Fix PTU leak

FABULOUS CAR
By CAROLE

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The body style was the first thing that caught my eye before I bought a Ford Edge. The overall shape is very pleasing.The height was also a factor for me because I have trouble getting in and out of vehicles that are too low. . The interior suits my needs perfectly. I find everything is close at hand and easy to read. The seats are totally comfortable, there's plenty of head and foot room. Storage and cargo space is great too.The music system (6 CD changer, AM/FM radio and MP3 option are very adequate and easy to use. I have yet to look for an option and find that it's missing.The drive-ability is fabulous. Very smooth and easy to park and maneuver.The AWD was a life saver this winter too!

The overall outside look never fails to impress me. The leather interior is asthetically pleasing as well as luxuriously comfortable. The roomy passenger areas and flexibility of the seat functions is a definite plus. The large outside mirrors are very helpful. It's a total pleasure town and drive!

None

Cutting "Edge"
By Coach

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was apprehensive about buying the Edge. The first time we drove it, it was noisey and rode real rough (SEL Model) compared to the other vehicles we were shopping. After we returned a second time and drove a Limited with the 20" wheels we changed our mind. Very nice ride and quiet. Sync audio system is awesome as is the Vista Roof. Getting 20-21mpg around town. Not too bad, but better than the estimate given on the sticker. Origionally had some issues with rattles and creeks but were promptly fixed by the selling dealer.

Sync and Roof

Ford should stop running ads on how easy the voice activation system is to use. It is NOT as fast and easy as the commerical portrays.

I Love My Edge!
By lbwow

2008 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Edge for about a month now, but have been eyeing them ever since they first came out in 2007. It was between this or the Honda CRV and once I drove the Edge the contest was over. I love how much space I have in the Edge. The center console is big enough for me to put my purse in when I don't want to drag it into a store. There are cup holders everywhere. Love the way it looks sporty compared to some other CUV/SUVs. I feel very safe in this car. It's definitely bigger than my Civic but not too big to feel like I'm driving a tank. Overall, I love this car.

Back up sensor comes in handy when in the parking garage at work. I love the dark blue, I've gotten quite a few compliments on the color. I love the MP3 player outlet even though the sound quality could be better.

Steering wheel volume controls should be standard on all models. Wish the rear window on the hatch opened. For those who can't afford the panoramic vista roof a regular sun/moon roof should be an option without having to add it later.