2008 Ford Edge SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2008 Edge Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Sort Reviews by

Improved Ford, still asking for more
By driver@FL

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded a 05 Freestyle for the 08 Edge. I test drove 09 Murano, Mazda CX-7, Acura RDX. Decided for the Edge because of the lower lease payments (+ X-plan), vista roof, and some other features. Exterior design also a plus. However I have to admit the 09 Murano drives much better and has a better finishing, unfortunately too expensive and premium fuel. The Edge engine and 6 speed auto-trans. is a huge leap from my old engine with the CVT. I read some reviews saying not refined, slow, etc.. for the Edge/MKX. Maybe not the best ever but I am very happy and suprised with its performance.

Favorite Features

Vista roof, Audiophile sound, Sync is nice but annoying some times, power everything, memory seats (however doesn't adjust seatback which is manual), nice ride.

Suggested Improvements

Tons to improve. No leather on the door panels or center console arm rest (what kind of savings are those?), radio display is from last decade and adapted to text, radio commands (almost 200 satellite radio and you can't dial the channel number directly or ask sync to go to channel #).

Very happy with the 2008 Edge
By LisaK

2008 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Ford Edge fun to drive. Really hugs the road and turns on a dime. I have more confidence than with the extra long SUV we had before this. It does not shift too hard, its very good going up hills and getting on highways. I can't wait to drive it in the snow!

Favorite Features

The parking sensors are the best!! Also, the ipod plug is fantastic! No more CDs cluttering the vehicle. Also this has plenty of room in the trunk and it does fit three people in the back comfortably.

Suggested Improvements

We got a basic model (which is perfect for us) and the headlights are manual. I haven't turned on headlights on a car in 10 years because most are automatic today. This is not a big concern at all.

What a Blast!
By DickDay

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have a really bad back, and am looking at surgery some day. I traded the 2007 Escape Hybrid in the 2008 Edge Limited because of the seating. The Edge seats are easy on my back and allow me to take long trips without back pain.

Favorite Features

For me, the Edge seating is as good as I have ever seen.

Suggested Improvements

Other than better mileage, none at this time.

Ford beats Honda & Toyota with the Edge
By Teresa Sheets

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded a Lexus 04 LS 300 for my Edge. I love, love, love, my Edge. So far I like this vehicle better than any vehicle I have owned. I bought an 02 4 runner and the Edge beats it. I love everything about it. I own an 08 Edge Limited. My Edge has all the extras except the navagiation. Joe Sartaion Ford didn't have one on their lot with navagation or I would have purchased it. I could do without the Vista roof, because I very seldom open my sun roof. The Vista roof is different and very nice.

Favorite Features

Sync voice activated sys, 6 way pwr/htd/mem front seats,dual temperature control,fold flat passenger seats,power liftgate,and rear detection if I get too close to something.

Suggested Improvements

Interior is nice but it could be upgraded. I have a blind father and when he rides in a vehicle he holds onto the handle. The Edge doesn't have a handle on front passenger and driver sides. I wish the front and passenger windows came tinted (this my be against the law). 3rd row seat.

Fine car
By PIerre

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I couldn't be happier with my Edge. Great visibility and looks. The 20 inch wheels look great too. What a pleasure to finally drive American.

Favorite Features

The SYNC is nice but the power lift gate and rear seats really sold me. Watched a woman struggle to close the rear of her Lexus SUV and I chuckled to myself.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps a larger rear window and a little better mileage but overall this is one fine vehicle.

My New Edge
By TamzLynn

2008 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely loved driving my big Ford Expedition, but because of gas prices and $100 fill-ups, my husband & I decided to buy something smaller. I was very worried about feeling comfortable in a "smaller" vehicle b/c I'm 5'10" and having enough leg & head room was a big problem in most of the vehicles that I test-drove. The Edge is a great CUV. It has a lot of pep and it handles really well. In the Edge feel like I have more leg room in the backseat that I did in my Expedition. We took it on our first road trip and we were able to fit luggage for 4 people and still had room to spare. I can't say enough good things about the SYNC system...LOVE IT

Favorite Features

SYNC, great sounding speakers, handling

Suggested Improvements

The head rests are not too comfortable for us tall people, I need to have them all the way up. Better insulation needed on the SE model.

So Far we Love this New Edge
By Limited 4dr SUV AWD

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have only had our New Edge 1 month,but so far we love this crossover from Ford. We get a lot of second looks from people on the street, and people asking what it is. We have owned many Fords over the years and this new Edge is right close to the top of best Fords we have ever owned .Love it, love it, love it.

Favorite Features

We love the Sync, power liftgate, power seats, and most of all the AWD. Living here in Iowa one needs AWD in the winter time.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be better. We are only averaging 16 mpg. The dealership informs me that will go up some after break in. It only has 980 miles on it so far.

Very Happy with this vehicle
By Jeff

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have the Limited version of the vehicle with every option except, the navigation sytem and auto-lift back. Vehicle is very fun to drive, responsive and gets far better gas milage then on the sticker. I am currently getting 30 mpg. This is for the most part highway driving at 70 MPH. So happy with the vehicle my wife bought one 2 weeks latter. Of course her has the navigation and lift-back. I truly believe Ford has a winner here.

Favorite Features

The Microsoft Sync, Sirius radio, and the much more enjoyable ride then I was receiving in my Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Suggested Improvements

No light on the dash letting you know when you have turned the cruise on, only after you set a speed.

My new small SUV
By Sharon

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

At first I was a little worried about down sizing from the Ford Expedition that I have had for 5 years, but I now love it. It would be even better if it got better gas mileage. I love how it handles and looks. I think the engine sounds a little funny but I think it is because it is a 6 cyl. Overall I love it..

Favorite Features

I love the moonroof and the keyless entry which keeps me buying Fords.

Suggested Improvements

The gas mileage and the funny noise the engine makes when pulling out.

America is getting back in the game!
By NAFAS

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned many new cars, mostly foreign over the years. I was afraid to commit to American, because their track record was not the greatest. I decided to check out the Ford Edge since I was in the market for a new CUV mainly for my wife. I looked at all the competition, and we already own a 2007 Santa Fe. I have to take my hat off to Ford. Their business plan is working, because this car is absolutely amazing! Excellent feature set, great design, fantastic build quality, what more can you ask for. Compared to the competition, I believe they truly have an "edge." I'm happy to support the American economy, now that Ford has a solid product! Fuel economy is on par with all other CUV's.

Favorite Features

SYNC, it works! Side-view mirror puddle lights. Very comfortable leather seats - great support. USB 2.0 and mini-jack in the center console, great for the iPod w/ navigation for music via the SYNC console. Excellent engine! Stiff handling and steering. Quiet interior noise. Vista roof is impressive!

Suggested Improvements

This really applies to any CUV in this class, mileage improvement. It's the same as my Hyundai Santa Fe. Actually, the Edge is a tad better. A hybrid version would be interesting. Dash lights could have a brighter setting.