Used 2008 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Good, but not great
By VekinTexas

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I felt compelled to buy an American car due to the current economic crises. This is my first Ford & I really liked the exterior design. The car drove good & overall the interior is comfortable & roomy. After 8 months of ownership, I wish I'd bought foreign. While I have had no major issues, I feel American cars are still behind in design & quality. The AC is pathetic. The driver side does not blow. This is a bad thing in Texas. I inquired @ the dealership I have my oil changed @, the service manager told me it was a design flaw & they had tons of complaints, but there was no fixes for the issue. Not what I wanted to hear. The dashboard gauges are hard to see in low lighting conditions.

The exterior design is very appealing. The overall size of this car is good. Not too big & not too small. The interior is a clean design & is functional.

The air conditioner needs major improvement. Rear window on the hatch does not open. Gas mileage.

Edge to Edge
By Steelheadrod

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

never saw him Got T- Boned @40+ making a left on to nortbound Smokey Pt Drive, New car, back probs, leaving PT ( Back ) 5 pm Poor vis, low heavy clouds & Lt rain, Waited for BIG open spot in traffic flow both ways, found one large one after some smaller gaps, decided to wait for a car 1/3 of way into left gap turn signal on, check both ways again still looks great, wait to see tire on car turn into my road, as they turn I gently pull out into center turn lane, 15 Ft away the 4X4's comming hard & BAM! just had time to turn hard away both cars towed no injury to me at all car took it all! 15K & 60 days repair, Looks great! Tow's my boat better than my 06 4X4 Ranger FX-4 off-road nice ride/pep

Comfortable & spacious & Im 6' 225 pds, nice get up n go, well placed controlls & armrests, sweet music system ( 6 CD )+ hidden MP3 jack & Power outlet, love the power back seat drop control in back where u need it, get lot of complements on looks, (metalic-Red )

upgrade the color and texture of top of dash to reduce reflection in sunshine, add more HP for 20 mpg avg, 265 hp or whatever is OK but a 300+ hp would really add to the fun!

Solid CUV!!!
By Jonny A

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After looking at the Subaru Tribeca, Nissan Murano and Mazda CX-7 we decided on an Edge Limited AWD. It compared very well against the competition in build quality, styling, materials and fit and finish. We belived the exterior styling to be the best of the bunch. The interior shines IMHO with a conservative, well designed layout using durable materials and easy, intuitive controls. The leather seating is nice with contrast stitching! The backseat felt the most comfortable and roomy of the 4. The sync system is outstanding, with nothing comaprable in any other vehicle we looked at; bluetooth+Cell=sweet. Little extras like puddle lamps and power rear liftgate are nice too. And the price!

leather seats; sync system (cell phone,iPod voice&steering wheel controls); homelink; tight turning radius; backup sensors; drivetrain; exterior styling; large center console storage with adjustable compartments + hidden USB & aux jack; power rear seat folding buttons in cargo area.

fuel mileage; larger digital radio display that matches LCD of driver info center in instrument cluster; back-up camera; Better speedo day-time visibility;

Satisfied
By bob

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I think Ford hit the jack pot with this one. The engine is a little noisey when starting off or increasing speed on the highway,this should be improved.

Exterior styling. Interior is a little plain but neat.

Quiet engine noise when accelerating.

Buyer Beware
By Buyer Beware

2008 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Well where do I start, I bought the 08 edge because of the deep discounts and thought what a great deal. I did not know that the radio would not work, the tire would blow out, and then the transmission would go out all in less than a week. I know that it is under warranty but, how would you feel about a new vehicle with this many problems in a short period of time? I lost faith in Ford.

great power, ok ride,