2008 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Highly recommend the Edge
By Bob on 06/18/08 08:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had owned a 97 Ford Explorer for 8 years and put 250,000 miles on it. I have been looking for a good quality, highly reliable, comfortable SUV and all roads and research led me to purchase an 08 Ford Edge. I had been researching for 6 months, looking at Chevy, Honda, Lincoln, Toyota Highlander, and GMC Acaidia. I decided on the Edge because it met all the requirements of what I wanted in my next vehicle. I average 25 - 30,000 miles a year, so relibility, comfort, interior room and gas mileage were all important factors. I have driven it 4,400 miles now and have been averaging 19.9 miles/gallon overall. Congrats to Ford! I would highly recommend the Edge to anyone looking for a new SUV.

27.3 MPG on the highway
By fxstc9 on 06/17/08 00:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Fell in love with the exterior styling while following a Ford Edge. The interior is very comfortable. The seats feel like they are constantly hugging you and the placement of the controls are spot on. I bought my Egde right after the test drive. A nice quiet ride. Wind noise is a thing of my past. I did a MPG test at 65mph I got 22.3mpg at 60 I got 25.3mpg and at 55mph I got 27.3mpg. I know 55 feels slow but its a 25% savings and I don't have to worry about passing anyone. Plus who wants to get to work in a hurry. It has plenty of get up and go when you need it and its very agile but stable. I dont miss my 13mpg avg F150 super crew Lariat one bit.

Loyal to Ford but Crossed Over
By Dennis Orzo on 06/08/08 07:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm sorry I crossed over from a Mountaineer. The Edge can't compare and suffers from numerous areas of poor engineering. Fuel injectors and exhaust make great deal of noise. Can't drive with windows open above 30 MPH. Extreme wind noise from vista roof diffuser. Constantly hunting for lower gears at highway speed an hangs on upshift. Breaking and gas mileage are both poor. Water builds up under tail light lenses and fills the area behind the high break light. Could also benefit by having some tie downs in cargo area. AC vents don't direct air high enough to clear heat from the ceiling. Suggest you test drive at highway speeds before purchase.

Ford Finally Has A Winner!
By Dennis/Linda on 05/30/08 18:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I traded a 2006 Toyota Camry XLE for a 2008 Ford Edge Limited. We were afraid to commit to American, because their track record was not the greatest. We decided to check out the Ford Edge since we were in the market for a new CUV. We looked at all the competition, and we decided to buy the Edge. We have to take our hats off to Ford. We believe Ford finally has a winner with this Edge. This car is absolutely amazing! Excellent feature set, great design, fantastic build quality, what more can you ask for. Compared to the competition, we believe they truly have an "edge." I'm happy to support the American economy, now that Ford has a solid product.

Love My Edge
By maljoe on 05/29/08 12:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove many vehicles before I settled on the Edge. You get a lot for the money.I had three requirements, comfort, quiet and hauling capabilities. It fulfills all three. The gas mileage is better than stated. I absolutely love the ride.

I love it!
By Rookie on 05/22/08 08:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the Edge! It is so much fun to drive. I looked at other crossovers but this one is the best in the market. I only have 800 miles on it right now and I am getting 19/20 ish city and 24 hwy. I avg a little over 22. All the features are amazing! I love the Vista roof especially and the Sync!

New Ford owner
By jgrau on 05/15/08 09:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First time Ford buyer. Loved the looks, the comfort, the performance. Sat in other SUV's including Lincoln and Lexus, no difference. I actually liked the Edge better. After 1,000 miles, I like it even more. Who knew I would become a Ford believer. What a solid vehicle!

Living on the Edge
By john lindgren on 05/12/08 10:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am a truck guy who has no ATV or any other reason for a box anymore. I do still have a 18' bass boat, that I would not be able to get to the lake with out something with enough power. The Edge has plenty of that! The quality of this car is tight. It makes my wife's 06 Toyota Sienna seem like an old rattle trap. Gas mileage is the reason for the purchase, and I'm pleased. Sticker said 17 city and 22 on the hwy. I avg a liitle over 20, and have already got as much as 24.4 at about 73 mph on the interstate. Like everyone says? it may get better. I only have 1500 miles on it so far.

I love living on the edge
By cHocOhOLicC on 05/11/08 20:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My husband and I bought the Edge after my '98 Ford Explorer. We needed a larger car, for we have long trips planned for this summer, but we had to consider the kids. They needed room! We got all options but instead of the vista roof, we ended up getting the entertainment system (dvd player). We love the roominess and space. The look seems sleek and nicer than other vehicles, a plus. We compared it to the Escape, and chose the Edge. The Escape rode higher and was thinner while the Edge rode lower and is wider, therefore the Edge had more room. Overall we are in love.

Ford got it right!
By Lee Waters on 05/11/08 06:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently traded my gas powered F-250 in for my new Edge. I'm gonna say this is a cool ride. When total strangers come up to you, and often I might add, and ask if you like it...well that says a lot. Of course I tell them that I love it, then proceed to show them all the cool features. Then when they sit in it, you aught to see the smile on there faces. I love it. For me this is a really nice cuv. It's put together well, rides smooth, it catches the eye with it's 20" wheels, and with the DVD player, satellite radio, and Bluetooth capabilities long trips are fun again! I think any one looking for a new cuv should give the Ford Edge a look.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.