Used 2008 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Great Car for the Midwest
By Eric

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded from a 2004 Ford Freestar Limited to this, WOW! We get 24-26 MPG mostly freeway miles, which is a huge improvement. We love the fact the kids can watch the DVD with headphones while we listen to tunes. SYNC is great with the hands free it just freaks you out the first time you get a call. Living in Wisconsin this drives great in the winter weather, snow, and ice storms. The memory seat set is great. It is a spendy car but you get a ton of options. 17K miles and no problems!

Sirus radio, DVD, the overall look inside & out. Very Flashy!

I'm not thrilled with the A/c vents for the driver. If you want them to blow towards you they hit the steering wheel or your hands, not my face or body. But I can live with that.

Fun to Drive
By Pammy

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Driving has been a wonderful surprise. I had driven vans for 12 years and didn't feel like I traded away anything. It handles well and maneuvers like a champ around town and cruises the interstate highways.

Acceleration is fantastic, no lag time.

mixed
By fordowner

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car because it was cute and i wanted a small suv so i dodnt have to cram my stroller into a trunk anymore. Overall, I am pretty happy with it. I am a little disappointed because the carpet under the driver side has already pulled back and wire are showing, as well as the drivers seat underneath (my car only has 7k on it). The door rattles a little. There is no passenger handle to grab for assistance while getting in or for comfort while driving. There seems to be several blind spots. My biggest complaint is the ac. The vents only move down and you cant close them so you always have the air on you! my husband likes it cold so I am always uncomfortable when he drives

its fun to drive and its flashy

a/c vents, passenger ceiling handle, better job putting it together...

Expected Less - Got Much More
By Rick

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this car because they were offering buyers incentives. I got much much more then I expected. Great pickup and handling; smooth ride and safe secure feeling when riding in the vehicle. Although the brakes could feel better, in two separate emergency situations they stopped me very quickly and I averted a collision.

Exterior styling, ride and handling.

Better feel on the brake pedal.

Great Vehicle/Bad Mileage
By edge driver

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great Vehicle. Looks Great, Drives Great. No problems so far. Gas Mileage Stinks!

Styling