2008 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
33 MPG Highway, Toyota who?
By 33 mpg Highway on 07/29/08 06:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I submitted a review a month after the wife and I bought a 2008 Edge, but could not wait to brag about the gas mileage we got on our 2,145 mile vacation from Iowa to North Carolina. When we left it had 2,881 miles on it. At first I did not care for the gas mileage at all, but the dealership kept telling me the mileage would get better and boy did it! I always use the cruise control, and at 74 mph this new Edge averaged 33 mpg and I have 4 people who can verify this. So eat your heart out Toyota owners. Ford has a great American crossover in this new Edge.

100% impressed...highly recommend!
By Todd in Nanaimo on 07/26/08 14:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Being in real estate, I put a ton of miles on a car in a year, and both me and my clients love the Edge! The few snow days were absolutely no challenge, the SYNC system is amazing. Leather and other interior features are very luxurious and are extremely comfortable even for a full day in the car. Fuel economy is what I expect for a strong V6. I have never driven a car that turns heads like this! A trip up to the ski hill with two friends and skis and snowboards was a perfect use of all the space and comfort and we passed many vehicles on the way up in the snow. Passing on the highway is a breeze..the power seems even more evident at full highway speed, it can snap your head back at 120kph

Short andloves it!!
By slg on 07/24/08 21:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As a 5'1 woman, mine is super comfortable! My seat adjusts every which way possible! My car came with Michelins on it, smooth ride with little road noise, less than my Altima! We traded in a 2005 Nissan Altima that I had put 89,000 miles on in 38 months, trust me! The Edge is a good performing car too, has plenty of power. My gas mileage stinks, but that is my fault! Sync is great, although "Debbie" hears what she wants sometimes. Good style and design! I love it! Bought it because my sister has an 07 and loves it too! We knew all baby stuff would fit and we had outgrown my car! Husband's knees no longer hit!

Could be more
By Crashley on 07/18/08 18:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Feeling a bit let down. I see other crossovers (MDX, Acadia, Highlander) on the road and wish I had opted for one of those. The drive is nice and smooth ,and I do enjoy the Sync, nav system and power lift-gate. The airconditioning needs some help. Even on high, I keep reaching to turn it higher, and the airvents will not turn to blow directly in your face. Opening the sun-roof helps, but it is loud at higher speeds. You would think will all the hype over Sync, Ford would have invested in more speakers. 4 speakers standard and upgraded sound has only 6? Our Corolla has better sound! After 4 fillups, we are averaging 16mpg mostly city driving.

I hate the Ford Edge!
By Stacey on 07/08/08 18:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had a '05 Honda CRV, and regret trading for the Edge. Am now looking to trade back in on another CRV or something else. I have a 45 minute drive to work (one way) and am hurting by the time I get there. The seats are uncomfortable,makes my back hurt & makes my legs go to sleep and hurt. The seat needs to tilt more at the base for the shorter person. This car is not built for the short person. I can't drive through the ATM without a lot of problems or need to get out. The AC vents are pathetic. At certain angles the sun shines on the chrome strip on the shifter and surround and shines in the eyes. Would rather not have the chrome. Road noise on this one, I believe due to the brand of tires.

Way better than expected!
By Matt on 07/03/08 09:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Edge the day before we headed out to Orlando for vacation. The car averaged 25 mpg there and back, thought that was fantastic. Since we got back and just travel around town, the mileage has averaged between 17.5mpg and 18.5mpg. That's still pretty good to me considering it's an SUV and we both have a pretty heavy foot. The engine isn't the quickest from a dead stop but it does pretty good, however when you're up to speed it really gets up and goes when you want to pass slower drivers. My wife and I both love the car more every time we drive it. To think I was worried about buying a Ford product seems a little silly now.

I went American
By Lester on 06/30/08 19:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded a Toyota Forerunner for my new Edge. I thought I'd miss the Toyota but after one day the old girl was history. The Edge has a nice firm grip on the road and is quick enough to get you into traffic without any anxiety. The ride is quiet and I have too many choices for music with the Sync system. All in all, I love the car. I love the automatic lift on the rear door and the roominess for all the passengers. So far the gas mileage has been in the 17-23 mpg range. All in all a great car.

Great
By Rich3910 on 06/28/08 10:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2004 F150 and was not sure if I wanted a smaller car. Gas mileage to me if great window sticker said 17 city - -27 highway. I'm getting 22.6 in the city and 32 Hwy with cruise. Gas mileage is great compared to some forgien cars that you see on TV. All I can say buy american!

Sweet!
By Robert Jones on 06/24/08 13:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After looking at Saturn, Mazda, Cadilac, Buick, and Ford Crossovers, the Edge was and pleasant and impressive surprise. A great riding and handling vehicle with a well- engineer interior space to seat its riders. My wife was immediately drawn to the luxurious look and feel of the stone colored leather and the pearlescet white sand mica paint. The 20" tires with their chrome clad wheels gives the Edge a final touch of sophistication and well-connectedness. Engine is quiet and responsive with all the power you need. No jerkiness, no hesitation, and one of the smoothest transmissions we've ever experienced. Beats our Lexus RX330 all over the place. The panoramic moonroof-a real wowzer!

Great crossover, my Edge
By Vinny on 06/21/08 08:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've driven my Edge for almost 1,400 miles and, love it. Traded in my '05 Murano. The ride, performance and, comfort are better. The Vista roof and, Sync are fantastic. Gas mileage is okay, was getting around 17 per gallon with mostly local driving. Added a Cyclone fuel saver & added 1.5 MPG's. What you get for the price is great, got everything but Nav. My only complaint, non Nav. radio display is very lacking in info and, impossible to see in sunlight and, the auto climate control gives you no idea of what the system is doing while in auto mode. Again, still love the Edge and, would recomend to anyone.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.