Used 2008 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Ford sold us
By Jeff and Mary

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first American car I have ever owned. We traded a 2007 Altima for the Edge (needed more space). Got a great deal, loaded with all but nav and awd. This CUV is so comfortable and just does almost everything excellent, we looked at alot of vehicles too. Some reviews I read say the interior plastics are cheap. Now they aren't soft to the touch, but they are put together very well. No creaks or squeaks at all unlike our Altima which had leather all over and soft touch plastics but had creaks. I'll take a well put together interior over soft touch plastics anyday. This vehicle is so comfortable, great for highway trips. Got 24 MPG on our 2.5 hr trip home from the dealer.

20" wheels are beautiful, vista roof is awesome, paint quality, build quality, comfort, stereo is the best I have ever heard, heated seats, power liftgate, memory seat/mirrors, styling, ice blue color, fog lights that come on with parking lights

power seat back angle and lumbar support, better dead pedal, more leather on doors/armrest, better brake pedal feel (too much dead travel), larger floor mats, better tires (not the best in snow), and of course, better gas mileage (especially city)

Like the Edge
By pbear9

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Really like this Edge. Had a Mazda CX- 7 that was repurchased by Mazda. Looked hard for the replacement vehicle and have been pleased with the Ford. Had Fords years ago and they have definitely improved.

Sync! In console IPod hook up - Sat Radio - Love the Moonroof

Grab bars for the passenger side front. Better gas mileage.

Amazing Crossover
By Gina

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I Love my Edge! This is a wonderful winter vehicle for Montana. Heated leather is the best. I love the fact that it rides so smoothly and quietly even on some pretty bad roads. I haven't had any problems with it. This is a very great SUV. I looked at a lot of others but I felt the safest in this puppy. Great room for my sons car seat and stroller. Love you people from Ford.

Leather seats, Smooth riding, Quiet, Pretty car, roomy!

Nothing !

Awesome SUV--- I want another one!!!!!
By Leotus

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Plenty of power and does well in the N.E. winters. Vista roof is awesome along with the power rear gate. Not too many flaws in this puppy.

Too many to list.

The Edge needs a grab handle above the front passenger window to assist entry.

Ford Edge Limited
By Mike

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very practical. Lots of compliments on looks in and out. Ride is a bit stiff with the 20" whl option. Could handle a bit better if your giving up a plush ride. Plenty of go but TERRIBLE mileage for a V6. How others on here get 23+mpg is beyond me when mine doesn't even get 22mpg with cruise on at 60mph on the highway. I get 15city/20highway regularly. Car is too heavy at 4300lbs but strangely the doors are too light and slam shut too easily. Had a problem known to ford with drivers side heat not getting as hot as the passengers. heater core replaced. fixed. Others on here complain about warm A/C but strangely mine is mind numbing COLD! I have to turn it down in 95 degree weather often.

Audi-like interior in Limited with leather. AWD great in Massachusetts winter. Plenty of pickup. SYNC works well with bluetooth features.

Gas mileage stinks. Either give me 265hp with better mileage or give me a full 300hp for the mileage im getting now like the new camaro V6 is getting. No 1234 gear selection or paddle shifting like the fusion? Gear selection is nice for hills in winter or when towing. Only D for drive or L for 1st.