Used 2008 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Fun to drive, not perfect
By jerbo

2008 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am trying to buy American so this was an experiment for me that I don't regret. Everyone loves the exterior look, I get compliments all the time. The interior feel very roomy. It drives like a car for the most part. SYNC is fun once you figure it out. Plenty of get up and go for my taste. Unfortunetly the AC is not powerful enough, the plastic interior is not my favorite, and we got a smoking transmition problem that others have reported that has disappointed me. However, it is fun to drive and looks great.

The spunky engine, SYNC audio, and general good looks.

Smoky transmition!? AC and front vents specifically. Cheap feel to interior.

LOVE my new Edge ! =]
By abercrombie_girl4158

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT for my new Edge. When I test drove this SUV, I was HOOKED! Awesome performance and very fun to drive. Sporty look inside and out! I feel safe in this vehicle and I LOVE the room!

Six CD changer, Bluetooth compatible, awesome color exterior (Pearl Metallic White), bright headlights!

Gas mileage! I have gotten no more than 20 on the highway with cruise set at 65.

I'm suprised how much I love my Edge!
By Brent

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a faithful Ford buyer. I feel they're safer & better built than any other American made car. I needed to trade my Taurus. I started transporting my grandfather, and he had a hard time getting down and into my Taurus. (He's 93 and 6 foot tall) I looked at the Edge because of ease of entry for him, not because I saw myself driving it. It was OK, but just OK. After driving it for 2-3 days, I LOVED THIS CAR! It's fun to drive, looks good on the road - I get compliments, and is comfortable for distance traveling. Would I trade? Only for the Lincoln version. I could see myself buying Edge again.

Ford sold us
By Jeff and Mary

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first American car I have ever owned. We traded a 2007 Altima for the Edge (needed more space). Got a great deal, loaded with all but nav and awd. This CUV is so comfortable and just does almost everything excellent, we looked at alot of vehicles too. Some reviews I read say the interior plastics are cheap. Now they aren't soft to the touch, but they are put together very well. No creaks or squeaks at all unlike our Altima which had leather all over and soft touch plastics but had creaks. I'll take a well put together interior over soft touch plastics anyday. This vehicle is so comfortable, great for highway trips. Got 24 MPG on our 2.5 hr trip home from the dealer.

20" wheels are beautiful, vista roof is awesome, paint quality, build quality, comfort, stereo is the best I have ever heard, heated seats, power liftgate, memory seat/mirrors, styling, ice blue color, fog lights that come on with parking lights

power seat back angle and lumbar support, better dead pedal, more leather on doors/armrest, better brake pedal feel (too much dead travel), larger floor mats, better tires (not the best in snow), and of course, better gas mileage (especially city)

Like the Edge
By pbear9

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Really like this Edge. Had a Mazda CX- 7 that was repurchased by Mazda. Looked hard for the replacement vehicle and have been pleased with the Ford. Had Fords years ago and they have definitely improved.

Sync! In console IPod hook up - Sat Radio - Love the Moonroof

Grab bars for the passenger side front. Better gas mileage.