2008 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
FABULOUS CAR
By CAROLE on 03/20/09 19:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The body style was the first thing that caught my eye before I bought a Ford Edge. The overall shape is very pleasing.The height was also a factor for me because I have trouble getting in and out of vehicles that are too low. . The interior suits my needs perfectly. I find everything is close at hand and easy to read. The seats are totally comfortable, there's plenty of head and foot room. Storage and cargo space is great too.The music system (6 CD changer, AM/FM radio and MP3 option are very adequate and easy to use. I have yet to look for an option and find that it's missing.The drive-ability is fabulous. Very smooth and easy to park and maneuver.The AWD was a life saver this winter too!

Cutting "Edge"
By Coach on 03/03/09 18:28 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was apprehensive about buying the Edge. The first time we drove it, it was noisey and rode real rough (SEL Model) compared to the other vehicles we were shopping. After we returned a second time and drove a Limited with the 20" wheels we changed our mind. Very nice ride and quiet. Sync audio system is awesome as is the Vista Roof. Getting 20-21mpg around town. Not too bad, but better than the estimate given on the sticker. Origionally had some issues with rattles and creeks but were promptly fixed by the selling dealer.

I Love My Edge!
By lbwow on 02/03/09 11:27 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Edge for about a month now, but have been eyeing them ever since they first came out in 2007. It was between this or the Honda CRV and once I drove the Edge the contest was over. I love how much space I have in the Edge. The center console is big enough for me to put my purse in when I don't want to drag it into a store. There are cup holders everywhere. Love the way it looks sporty compared to some other CUV/SUVs. I feel very safe in this car. It's definitely bigger than my Civic but not too big to feel like I'm driving a tank. Overall, I love this car.

My wife liked the exterior design
By Marco Basto on 01/12/09 18:05 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

No problems until now, poor air conditioning, good acceleration, poor dashboard gauges, to evaluate reliability I will wait to put more miles on it but we drive 2000 miles to Texas and no problems

Ford Edge - An Out of the Park Home Run
By Gordon on 01/02/09 22:41 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first SUV I have ever owned and never understood the attraction until now. I have been a continuous Ford owner since I was a teenager and I own a number of Fords including a 1964 T-Bird, 1995 Lincoln Mark 8, 2002 Lincoln LS V8, 2002 T-Bird and now the Edge AWD LTD. This vehicle is comfortable, quiet, solid and well equipped. The exterior and interior styling is beautiful with the leather interior and it rides like my Lincolns.

Outside mirrors
By edgeowner on 01/01/09 08:24 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am 5'2" and have problems seeing over or around the outside mirrors. It seems as though they are too large for the vehicle. They create a horrible blind spot, which makes me very nervous while driving. I have tried raising the seat, but then it's difficult to reach the pedals and I crack my knee on the steering column when I get in and out of the vehicle. I ask my boyfriend to drive the car to get his feedback. He is 5'9" and agreed he thought they were larger than normal. He drives a F-150 truck. Prior to owning the Edge I had an Explorer and never had this problem.

A great truck
By BlairWitch749 on 12/28/08 14:58 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We wanted a family vehichle that would be versitile and that's what we got. Comfortably has 2 car seats and we got an 8 foot Christmas tree inside. It's very comfy to drive and it did well in the recent snow storm

I'm in love.
By Crazy for the Edge! on 12/15/08 18:58 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After owning several foreign cars and SUV's, about 1.5 years ago I purchased a new Ford Explorer. I hated everything about the thing. I told myself over and over again I would never purchase another American-made vehicle again, I thought it was such a mistake. Then I came upon the Edge. It is unlike any Ford I have ever known. It is gorgeous inside, love the two tone! It's so fun to drive and handles so well! I feel really safe in it. I love the leather, it's not that cheap plasticy leather, and I love the stitching. Super roomy. I was really shocked at the price - very affordable. After seeing the success with the Edge, I hope Ford re-designs all of their vehicles. Thanks Ford!

Lookin' Good
By Granny on 12/12/08 19:28 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We joined the "buy American" movement and purchased an Edge just after a good working over by the local Toyota dealer. Wow, I am impressed with the ease of maneuverability, the sound system, the sun roofs, and the seat's base-length- finally a seat that extends out far enough and doesn't cut off the circulation in one's legs. The second row seating is also unusually comfortable for this type car. Only had it a week, but so far, it's outstanding.

Glad we choose the Edge
By On the edge on 10/07/08 09:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After looking at several models of CUV/SUV, including Pilot, Veracruz, CX9, Toyota Highlander, we decided that the 3rd row was the dealbreaker and went looking for something smaller. I am so glad we did. We decided on the Limited model with the Sync/Sirius/6 cd and the leather interior. I really like the two tone interior and the contrast stitching on the seats. We are just back from an 1800 mile trip and the Edge performed wonderfully. Very comfortable on the long ride and plenty of room. Gas mileage was not great, but driving 80+ MPH will do that. My first new car in 12 years and glad I'm on the Edge!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.