Used 2008 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Awesome Vehicle
By Antony

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle after having a Jeep Grand cherokee for years. But after test driving the Ford Edge it was like driving a car in an suv body and was surprisingly even larger inside than it looked form the outside. It recently snowed and the AWD feature had be handling the roads like a glove

would buy again
By nice ride

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

i think one best suv on the market .smooth ride and lots room

i was surprised at all the room in the back lots of leg room.

big blind spot

Fun to drive, not perfect
By jerbo

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am trying to buy American so this was an experiment for me that I don't regret. Everyone loves the exterior look, I get compliments all the time. The interior feel very roomy. It drives like a car for the most part. SYNC is fun once you figure it out. Plenty of get up and go for my taste. Unfortunetly the AC is not powerful enough, the plastic interior is not my favorite, and we got a smoking transmition problem that others have reported that has disappointed me. However, it is fun to drive and looks great.

The spunky engine, SYNC audio, and general good looks.

Smoky transmition!? AC and front vents specifically. Cheap feel to interior.

LOVE my new Edge ! =]
By abercrombie_girl4158

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT for my new Edge. When I test drove this SUV, I was HOOKED! Awesome performance and very fun to drive. Sporty look inside and out! I feel safe in this vehicle and I LOVE the room!

Six CD changer, Bluetooth compatible, awesome color exterior (Pearl Metallic White), bright headlights!

Gas mileage! I have gotten no more than 20 on the highway with cruise set at 65.

I'm suprised how much I love my Edge!
By Brent

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a faithful Ford buyer. I feel they're safer & better built than any other American made car. I needed to trade my Taurus. I started transporting my grandfather, and he had a hard time getting down and into my Taurus. (He's 93 and 6 foot tall) I looked at the Edge because of ease of entry for him, not because I saw myself driving it. It was OK, but just OK. After driving it for 2-3 days, I LOVED THIS CAR! It's fun to drive, looks good on the road - I get compliments, and is comfortable for distance traveling. Would I trade? Only for the Lincoln version. I could see myself buying Edge again.