2008 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
mixed
By fordowner on 06/24/09 12:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car because it was cute and i wanted a small suv so i dodnt have to cram my stroller into a trunk anymore. Overall, I am pretty happy with it. I am a little disappointed because the carpet under the driver side has already pulled back and wire are showing, as well as the drivers seat underneath (my car only has 7k on it). The door rattles a little. There is no passenger handle to grab for assistance while getting in or for comfort while driving. There seems to be several blind spots. My biggest complaint is the ac. The vents only move down and you cant close them so you always have the air on you! my husband likes it cold so I am always uncomfortable when he drives

Expected Less - Got Much More
By Rick on 06/24/09 09:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this car because they were offering buyers incentives. I got much much more then I expected. Great pickup and handling; smooth ride and safe secure feeling when riding in the vehicle. Although the brakes could feel better, in two separate emergency situations they stopped me very quickly and I averted a collision.

Great Vehicle/Bad Mileage
By edge driver on 06/11/09 06:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great Vehicle. Looks Great, Drives Great. No problems so far. Gas Mileage Stinks!

Prove me wrong Ford
By Back to a Ford on 06/10/09 15:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I said I would never buy a Ford again after many years ago having a bad experience with a Ford Dealer. After two Toyota Camrys(great car) I purchased a Ford Edge 2008 new. It has been a short time only 3 months and I am loving it. I test drove the Lexus Rx350, Nissan Murano and a few others. I agree with many others Ford has a winner. No car is perfect but if it lasts me for serveral years and runs great I will buy another one. Time will tell! I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Good, but not great
By VekinTexas on 06/04/09 07:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I felt compelled to buy an American car due to the current economic crises. This is my first Ford & I really liked the exterior design. The car drove good & overall the interior is comfortable & roomy. After 8 months of ownership, I wish I'd bought foreign. While I have had no major issues, I feel American cars are still behind in design & quality. The AC is pathetic. The driver side does not blow. This is a bad thing in Texas. I inquired @ the dealership I have my oil changed @, the service manager told me it was a design flaw & they had tons of complaints, but there was no fixes for the issue. Not what I wanted to hear. The dashboard gauges are hard to see in low lighting conditions.

Edge to Edge
By Steelheadrod on 05/30/09 00:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

never saw him Got T- Boned @40+ making a left on to nortbound Smokey Pt Drive, New car, back probs, leaving PT ( Back ) 5 pm Poor vis, low heavy clouds & Lt rain, Waited for BIG open spot in traffic flow both ways, found one large one after some smaller gaps, decided to wait for a car 1/3 of way into left gap turn signal on, check both ways again still looks great, wait to see tire on car turn into my road, as they turn I gently pull out into center turn lane, 15 Ft away the 4X4's comming hard & BAM! just had time to turn hard away both cars towed no injury to me at all car took it all! 15K & 60 days repair, Looks great! Tow's my boat better than my 06 4X4 Ranger FX-4 off-road nice ride/pep

Solid CUV!!!
By Jonny A on 05/22/09 00:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After looking at the Subaru Tribeca, Nissan Murano and Mazda CX-7 we decided on an Edge Limited AWD. It compared very well against the competition in build quality, styling, materials and fit and finish. We belived the exterior styling to be the best of the bunch. The interior shines IMHO with a conservative, well designed layout using durable materials and easy, intuitive controls. The leather seating is nice with contrast stitching! The backseat felt the most comfortable and roomy of the 4. The sync system is outstanding, with nothing comaprable in any other vehicle we looked at; bluetooth+Cell=sweet. Little extras like puddle lamps and power rear liftgate are nice too. And the price!

Satisfied
By bob on 04/29/09 07:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I think Ford hit the jack pot with this one. The engine is a little noisey when starting off or increasing speed on the highway,this should be improved.

Buyer Beware
By Buyer Beware on 04/22/09 19:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Well where do I start, I bought the 08 edge because of the deep discounts and thought what a great deal. I did not know that the radio would not work, the tire would blow out, and then the transmission would go out all in less than a week. I know that it is under warranty but, how would you feel about a new vehicle with this many problems in a short period of time? I lost faith in Ford.

PTU defect
By lastfordIwillown on 04/03/09 18:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our SEL Ford Edge awd has been fixed 4 times and I smell burning oil again.They replaced seals and whole unit and it still leaks!!! Ford needs to let us Edge owners know how and when they can solve this problem.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.