Used 2008 Ford Edge SE SUV Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Short andloves it!!
By slg

2008 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As a 5'1 woman, mine is super comfortable! My seat adjusts every which way possible! My car came with Michelins on it, smooth ride with little road noise, less than my Altima! We traded in a 2005 Nissan Altima that I had put 89,000 miles on in 38 months, trust me! The Edge is a good performing car too, has plenty of power. My gas mileage stinks, but that is my fault! Sync is great, although "Debbie" hears what she wants sometimes. Good style and design! I love it! Bought it because my sister has an 07 and loves it too! We knew all baby stuff would fit and we had outgrown my car! Husband's knees no longer hit!

Sync and all the power ports! Having my ipod plugged in center console! Steering wheel controls standard! Seats that feel like they are hugging me! Husband is a firefighter so saftey was major selling point! Also glad 08 has lift handle on tailgate, sister has 07 and hers is hard to open/close!

Needs cargo area cover! Fuel door release from inside car!

I hate the Ford Edge!
By Stacey

2008 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had a '05 Honda CRV, and regret trading for the Edge. Am now looking to trade back in on another CRV or something else. I have a 45 minute drive to work (one way) and am hurting by the time I get there. The seats are uncomfortable,makes my back hurt & makes my legs go to sleep and hurt. The seat needs to tilt more at the base for the shorter person. This car is not built for the short person. I can't drive through the ATM without a lot of problems or need to get out. The AC vents are pathetic. At certain angles the sun shines on the chrome strip on the shifter and surround and shines in the eyes. Would rather not have the chrome. Road noise on this one, I believe due to the brand of tires.

Bluetooth feature, radio okay, height of the SUV, love the copper color.

Have a MP3 jack on the dash, bottom of seat needs to tilt forward for shorter drivers. Side mirrors too high, major blind spots. Put Michelins on all instead of no name brand (makes road noise fairly loud), better air vents, arm rests- seating is too wide and seat up to for me to use the door/console.

My New Edge
By TamzLynn

2008 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely loved driving my big Ford Expedition, but because of gas prices and $100 fill-ups, my husband & I decided to buy something smaller. I was very worried about feeling comfortable in a "smaller" vehicle b/c I'm 5'10" and having enough leg & head room was a big problem in most of the vehicles that I test-drove. The Edge is a great CUV. It has a lot of pep and it handles really well. In the Edge feel like I have more leg room in the backseat that I did in my Expedition. We took it on our first road trip and we were able to fit luggage for 4 people and still had room to spare. I can't say enough good things about the SYNC system...LOVE IT

SYNC, great sounding speakers, handling

The head rests are not too comfortable for us tall people, I need to have them all the way up. Better insulation needed on the SE model.

Edge is a winner
By Katfish

2008 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I did all the research & read all the reviews before buying. I drive 75 miles/day so I need to like what I drive & the Edge was a great choice. It's comfortable, handles nicely and rides quiet. I thought I would miss my Explorer but the slightly smaller size hasn't been an issue. I purchased the base model w/conv pkg & satelite radio, it has everything I need and it looks good too in silver w/black interior.

The tight steering & smooth ride.

Gas mileage hasn't met the sticker mpg yet. Some of the interior could be made better. A bumper protector standard to protect the paint near the cargo area.