Used 2008 Ford Edge SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

I hate the Ford Edge!
By Stacey

2008 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had a '05 Honda CRV, and regret trading for the Edge. Am now looking to trade back in on another CRV or something else. I have a 45 minute drive to work (one way) and am hurting by the time I get there. The seats are uncomfortable,makes my back hurt & makes my legs go to sleep and hurt. The seat needs to tilt more at the base for the shorter person. This car is not built for the short person. I can't drive through the ATM without a lot of problems or need to get out. The AC vents are pathetic. At certain angles the sun shines on the chrome strip on the shifter and surround and shines in the eyes. Would rather not have the chrome. Road noise on this one, I believe due to the brand of tires.

Bluetooth feature, radio okay, height of the SUV, love the copper color.

Have a MP3 jack on the dash, bottom of seat needs to tilt forward for shorter drivers. Side mirrors too high, major blind spots. Put Michelins on all instead of no name brand (makes road noise fairly loud), better air vents, arm rests- seating is too wide and seat up to for me to use the door/console.

My New Edge
By TamzLynn

2008 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely loved driving my big Ford Expedition, but because of gas prices and $100 fill-ups, my husband & I decided to buy something smaller. I was very worried about feeling comfortable in a "smaller" vehicle b/c I'm 5'10" and having enough leg & head room was a big problem in most of the vehicles that I test-drove. The Edge is a great CUV. It has a lot of pep and it handles really well. In the Edge feel like I have more leg room in the backseat that I did in my Expedition. We took it on our first road trip and we were able to fit luggage for 4 people and still had room to spare. I can't say enough good things about the SYNC system...LOVE IT

SYNC, great sounding speakers, handling

The head rests are not too comfortable for us tall people, I need to have them all the way up. Better insulation needed on the SE model.

Edge is a winner
By Katfish

2008 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I did all the research & read all the reviews before buying. I drive 75 miles/day so I need to like what I drive & the Edge was a great choice. It's comfortable, handles nicely and rides quiet. I thought I would miss my Explorer but the slightly smaller size hasn't been an issue. I purchased the base model w/conv pkg & satelite radio, it has everything I need and it looks good too in silver w/black interior.

The tight steering & smooth ride.

Gas mileage hasn't met the sticker mpg yet. Some of the interior could be made better. A bumper protector standard to protect the paint near the cargo area.