2008 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Amazing Crossover
By Gina on 10/03/09 17:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I Love my Edge! This is a wonderful winter vehicle for Montana. Heated leather is the best. I love the fact that it rides so smoothly and quietly even on some pretty bad roads. I haven't had any problems with it. This is a very great SUV. I looked at a lot of others but I felt the safest in this puppy. Great room for my sons car seat and stroller. Love you people from Ford.

Awesome SUV--- I want another one!!!!!
By Leotus on 08/29/09 11:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Plenty of power and does well in the N.E. winters. Vista roof is awesome along with the power rear gate. Not too many flaws in this puppy.

Ford Edge Limited
By Mike on 08/25/09 21:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very practical. Lots of compliments on looks in and out. Ride is a bit stiff with the 20" whl option. Could handle a bit better if your giving up a plush ride. Plenty of go but TERRIBLE mileage for a V6. How others on here get 23+mpg is beyond me when mine doesn't even get 22mpg with cruise on at 60mph on the highway. I get 15city/20highway regularly. Car is too heavy at 4300lbs but strangely the doors are too light and slam shut too easily. Had a problem known to ford with drivers side heat not getting as hot as the passengers. heater core replaced. fixed. Others on here complain about warm A/C but strangely mine is mind numbing COLD! I have to turn it down in 95 degree weather often.

08 Ford Edge SEL
By Amanda on 08/14/09 12:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've only owned my edge for a couple months. I had a Hyundai elantra and wanted a bigger vehicle since I just had a little girl. I love the room in the edge. I was looking at a few suvs and most of them still looked just as crammed as my car did once I put the car seat in. This crossover has plenty of room for the car seat and plenty of cargo space for my stroller and anything else I might need to take along with me. Also love that it has ac vents in the back so I don't have to worry about my little girl burning up. It's very comfortable even in the back seats. Gas mileage could use some improvement though. I usually get about 22-24 on the highway and about 16-18 in the city.

I love my Edge!!
By Teenda on 08/11/09 07:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love driving my edge. I traded in a Jetta for it to deal with the winters and I was tired of a manual transmission. I have now found out I am an SUV woman and will probably always be one. My edge was broken into once so the pass window was smashed in but that isn't a manufacturers defect. My cruise control did stop functioning but it was replaced under warranty. As for fuel mileage - I drive to quick to give an accurate answer. I love the stability and comfort I feel while driving my Edge vs. driving a Jetta which was low to the ground and a rough ride. LOVE LOVE LOVE MY EDGE!

HOT in Texas
By Anthony on 08/05/09 21:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We had our 2008 Edge limited just 11 months before it was totaled in a very bad car wreck. My wife got T- Boned at 65 mph, and walked away from the car with no broken bones. If you saw the accident scene, you would be surprised that anyone lived. I am 100% sold on the safety of this vehicle! It had a very comfortable ride and was fun to drive. There are 2 significant problems: A/C is VERY weak (especially in TX), and we have never gotten better than 16-17 mpg (even highway trips). The window sticker said 16-24 avg mpg. What a joke that is... With that being said, we are looking at buying another one!

2007 Edge
By Edge owner on 07/25/09 07:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I hit 50,000 and it seems like things are really deterioating with the Edge. I have had squeaky windows that have been repaired ($200) and now the accelerator wiring has to be replaced ($325). None of which is on warranty. I will not buy another Edge as a result and the rapirs make me wonder about Ford in general.

I LOVE MY 2008 FORD EDGE!!
By Annette on 07/23/09 18:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Ford Edge in March 2008 after selling my car. We live in Wyoming where the winter weather can be a challange at times and we wanted something that had higher ground clearance and was AWD or 4WD. We took 2 weekends test driving every crossover vehicle on the market. We kept coming back to the Ford Edge. It is roomy, classy looking, AWD, we have 32,000 miles on it and are getting 23 MPG. I miss my little car's 30 MPG but Im not totally disappointed in my Edge's MPG wish it was getting 26-28 but 23 isn't real bad.

Great Car for the Midwest
By Eric on 07/19/09 08:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded from a 2004 Ford Freestar Limited to this, WOW! We get 24-26 MPG mostly freeway miles, which is a huge improvement. We love the fact the kids can watch the DVD with headphones while we listen to tunes. SYNC is great with the hands free it just freaks you out the first time you get a call. Living in Wisconsin this drives great in the winter weather, snow, and ice storms. The memory seat set is great. It is a spendy car but you get a ton of options. 17K miles and no problems!

Fun to Drive
By Pammy on 07/07/09 12:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Driving has been a wonderful surprise. I had driven vans for 12 years and didn't feel like I traded away anything. It handles well and maneuvers like a champ around town and cruises the interstate highways.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.