Used 2008 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Corroded rims
By caroline

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My chrome rims started peeling in 2009. My dealer stated that the rims were dirty. I did not want any lengthy discussion with the dealers resistance so I thought I would bring it to another dealer - knowing that others have had their rims replaced for the same problem I did not think this would work out to be an ordeal. After dealing with job change, divorce and cancer within my immediate family the vehicle was not the most pressing concern. Bringing my car back to the dealer at 38,000 miles - out of warranty- the corroded rims are undeniable but the dealer will not change the rims since it is out of warranty. Ford co's response is that this issue is between me and the dealer.

comfort all the way around - even for a 6 foot boy sitting in the back seat.

chrome rims - why on earth are they corroding?

Awesome Ride
By Coach

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had my Edge for 2 yrs. No issues what so ever. SYNC is the best invention EVER! Have no issues mating any phones with the sync system. Nav system is easy to use. The seats are more comfortable than my wife's new Cadillac SRX . One and only one issue that keeps raising its head is the trim on the roof (panoramic roof) rattles.

SYNC

I guess they already added weather and traffic to SYNC, only suggestion

Thank You Ford!
By Happy Edge Owner

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After test driving many different cross overs, I decided on the Edge. It was the most comfortable to drive, had more to offer than the others and for a good price too. I custom built my SEL in White Sands, Tan w/black stitching interior, Sync that works better than my husbands Acura TL, Rear Lift gate, Towing package that gave me a bigger radiator, Roof Rack, and more. Back seats offer flexibility by lowering one or both. Plenty of room for hauling stuff. I've had it for two years now, taken it on long trips with no problems. I like to ask my husband "have I told you how much I love my Edge lately? It's by far the best vehicle I've ever had.

Sync, Auto Rear Hatch, Comfort, sporty good looks, good acceleration, lights that turn on inside & out when I unlock it, not too big, just the right size.

The air conditioning output could be better on the drivers side.

Like it a lot!
By tt

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After driving & owning 3 New Explorers (which I really like) I traded my last Explorer in on a new Escape. BIG mistake, did not like the Escape as it was too small and had cheaply made interior, traded it in after owning it 2 years onto an EDGE SEL AWD, am very happy with it. Gets about the same gas mileage as the Escape but rides SO much nicer.

Vista sun roof, roomy and the seats are very comfortable!

Best used car every bought
By great gas mileage

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just got my Ford Edge and purchased from a Chevy Dealer who took it in trade. I recently went on a road trip and got 25 mpg on the trip. I use bp gas as recommended in the manual and find performance gas mileage was improved over the two tanks I got at the local convenient store. Lots of power and handles great in any situation.

bluetooth feature and hands free phone use.

none at this time, very satisfied.