Used 2008 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

A Very Luxurious Vehicle
By robey_1

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2008 Ford Edge in October 2010; about 10 months ago. So far, I am very happy. There was only one issue that I had which was covered under my auto Tran. This vehicle drives very smooth, like a car, and is very comfortable. The leather interior and the beautiful exterior (powder blue) gives this vehicle a very luxurious look. People cannot believe when I tell them that the vehicle was just under $20,000. Overall, I would highly recommend the Edge as it is like a luxury vehicle without the price tag!

I really like the Sync capabilities; however, I have yet to use the phone setting. I really love the leather seats and the automatc driver side seats. The heated seats are great for winter too. The rear seat fold forward to make tons of room for anything you may need to load. I have moved a few times and the load capacity has really helped keep the trips to a minimum.

Air conditioned seats would be really great!

Great Car - Fun to Drive
By illini025

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We love this car. Fun to drive, and the AWD handles great in the snow and ice. We bought it new and now have 40K miles on it. We can fit a ton in this car too. We have two kids in car seats, and make frequent overnight trips with strollers, luggage, etc. Our only problem so far has been the power lift gate would not stay up at times (around 30K miles). Dealer fixed it (under warranty) with a computer reset and its worked perfectly ever since. We would definitely recommend the Edge!

Panoramic moonroof; AWD; power lift gate; fun car to drive!

We really have no complaints so far.

Transmission
By Maverick

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have 46,000 km and have had problems since picking it up with transmission and we find out today a sensor is being replaced already good that it is under warranty.

Poor AC Flow
By AD

2008 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am very much in love with my Edge, except for the poor AC flow. It worked great for a year and now I can't get it above 80 degrees. We all sweat in my car and bought a fan to put in the back seat. Hopefully Ford can fix this problem and not let a good car go to waste!

poor air conditioning flow

Love My Edge
By Joy Churchwell

2008 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very smooth ride - great handling - lots of compliments on car looks and color, Creme Brulee is very posh!

Color

Speedometer is horrible and the fact that the 2 large ac vents won't close is a problem