2008 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Thank You Ford!
By Happy Edge Owner on 07/12/10 20:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After test driving many different cross overs, I decided on the Edge. It was the most comfortable to drive, had more to offer than the others and for a good price too. I custom built my SEL in White Sands, Tan w/black stitching interior, Sync that works better than my husbands Acura TL, Rear Lift gate, Towing package that gave me a bigger radiator, Roof Rack, and more. Back seats offer flexibility by lowering one or both. Plenty of room for hauling stuff. I've had it for two years now, taken it on long trips with no problems. I like to ask my husband "have I told you how much I love my Edge lately? It's by far the best vehicle I've ever had.

Like it a lot!
By tt on 06/15/10 13:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After driving & owning 3 New Explorers (which I really like) I traded my last Explorer in on a new Escape. BIG mistake, did not like the Escape as it was too small and had cheaply made interior, traded it in after owning it 2 years onto an EDGE SEL AWD, am very happy with it. Gets about the same gas mileage as the Escape but rides SO much nicer.

Best used car every bought
By great gas mileage on 04/12/10 17:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just got my Ford Edge and purchased from a Chevy Dealer who took it in trade. I recently went on a road trip and got 25 mpg on the trip. I use bp gas as recommended in the manual and find performance gas mileage was improved over the two tanks I got at the local convenient store. Lots of power and handles great in any situation.

Awesome Vehicle
By Antony on 02/06/10 16:34 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle after having a Jeep Grand cherokee for years. But after test driving the Ford Edge it was like driving a car in an suv body and was surprisingly even larger inside than it looked form the outside. It recently snowed and the AWD feature had be handling the roads like a glove

would buy again
By nice ride on 02/01/10 05:29 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

i think one best suv on the market .smooth ride and lots room

Fun to drive, not perfect
By jerbo on 01/26/10 13:47 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am trying to buy American so this was an experiment for me that I don't regret. Everyone loves the exterior look, I get compliments all the time. The interior feel very roomy. It drives like a car for the most part. SYNC is fun once you figure it out. Plenty of get up and go for my taste. Unfortunetly the AC is not powerful enough, the plastic interior is not my favorite, and we got a smoking transmition problem that others have reported that has disappointed me. However, it is fun to drive and looks great.

LOVE my new Edge ! =]
By abercrombie_girl4158 on 01/22/10 20:16 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT for my new Edge. When I test drove this SUV, I was HOOKED! Awesome performance and very fun to drive. Sporty look inside and out! I feel safe in this vehicle and I LOVE the room!

I'm suprised how much I love my Edge!
By Brent on 12/20/09 05:32 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a faithful Ford buyer. I feel they're safer & better built than any other American made car. I needed to trade my Taurus. I started transporting my grandfather, and he had a hard time getting down and into my Taurus. (He's 93 and 6 foot tall) I looked at the Edge because of ease of entry for him, not because I saw myself driving it. It was OK, but just OK. After driving it for 2-3 days, I LOVED THIS CAR! It's fun to drive, looks good on the road - I get compliments, and is comfortable for distance traveling. Would I trade? Only for the Lincoln version. I could see myself buying Edge again.

Ford sold us
By Jeff and Mary on 12/09/09 18:46 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first American car I have ever owned. We traded a 2007 Altima for the Edge (needed more space). Got a great deal, loaded with all but nav and awd. This CUV is so comfortable and just does almost everything excellent, we looked at alot of vehicles too. Some reviews I read say the interior plastics are cheap. Now they aren't soft to the touch, but they are put together very well. No creaks or squeaks at all unlike our Altima which had leather all over and soft touch plastics but had creaks. I'll take a well put together interior over soft touch plastics anyday. This vehicle is so comfortable, great for highway trips. Got 24 MPG on our 2.5 hr trip home from the dealer.

Like the Edge
By pbear9 on 11/11/09 09:41 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Really like this Edge. Had a Mazda CX- 7 that was repurchased by Mazda. Looked hard for the replacement vehicle and have been pleased with the Ford. Had Fords years ago and they have definitely improved.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Ford Edge in WA is:

$155 per month*