Used 2008 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

2008 Edge SEL
By hmayan

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Good car over all. Bought it new and owned it now for 4 years. Pleasant to drive. Interior design is a bit poor. I saw a 2012 model and they made a lot of improvements. Gas millage is worse than advertised which is the biggest drawback for me. I get 16-17 mixed according to computer, from day 1.

I like the SYNC, large cargo space and the large vista sunroof.

Tail lights (brake) failed multiple times. They actually burned the sockets as well. At 63k miles brakes started making gurgling/bubbling noise when pressed. So, had to spent $400 to change the booster for brakes which is unusual. I keep seeing the same complaints in other forums, so I know I am not the only one who had these problems. They should have had factory recalls for these.

Not so good...
By nivek3

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After never owning a Ford, I decided to give them a try. Initially I thought it was a good car, but little by little I began to hate it. The Build quality is crap. The interior is made of very cheap plastic and fit is poor. Even worse is the air conditioning. I unfortunately bought the Edge during the winter, so the AC was not a priority at that point. Then came the Texas heat. The Air conditioner makes lots of noise but never puts out air. The dealership said there was nothing they could do since it was due to the design. So I now own a VW and love it.

Exterior design.

Air conditioner, seat comfort, and interior build quality.

Good Crossover
By sea1967

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Now have over 100K on my Edge.
Very happy with it overall.
Getting 26.6mpg according to computer in mixed driving.

Heated seats, compass, strereo

Cancel button for cruise control, heated mirrors

A Very Luxurious Vehicle
By robey_1

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2008 Ford Edge in October 2010; about 10 months ago. So far, I am very happy. There was only one issue that I had which was covered under my auto Tran.
This vehicle drives very smooth, like a car, and is very comfortable. The leather interior and the beautiful exterior (powder blue) gives this vehicle a very luxurious look. People cannot believe when I tell them that the vehicle was just under $20,000. Overall, I would highly recommend the Edge as it is like a luxury vehicle without the price tag!

I really like the Sync capabilities; however, I have yet to use the phone setting. I really love the leather seats and the automatc driver side seats. The heated seats are great for winter too. The rear seat fold forward to make tons of room for anything you may need to load. I have moved a few times and the load capacity has really helped keep the trips to a minimum.

Air conditioned seats would be really great!

Great Car - Fun to Drive
By illini025

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We love this car.
Fun to drive, and the AWD handles great in the snow and ice.
We bought it new and now have 40K miles on it.
We can fit a ton in this car too.
We have two kids in car seats, and make frequent overnight trips with strollers, luggage, etc.
Our only problem so far has been the power lift gate would not stay up at times (around 30K miles).
Dealer fixed it (under warranty) with a computer reset and its worked perfectly ever since.
We would definitely recommend the Edge!

Panoramic moonroof; AWD; power lift gate; fun car to drive!

We really have no complaints so far.