2008 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews 11

2008 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Outstanding
By FASTANG on 01/06/08 11:20 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It is above and beyond my expectations not to be a true luxury vehicle. I like the visibilty it allows with it's height. It drives like a sports car but rides like a luxury car. It has a hint of sportiness to it that keeps it from looking like a "grocery getter".

What a Surprise
By GoIrish on 01/04/08 13:48 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned mainly imports and was hesitant. I was leaning towards the Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander and stopped at Ford dealer at whims notice. The test drive sold me and I bought it that day. First thing I noticed is the styling is beautiful and not overly generic & boring as the Pilot and Highlander. The interior was the same and exuded the same luxury as the RX330 I previously owned. The acceleration was amazing and ride felt confident and supple. There is something about this car that I love over every car I have owned. Hard to explain...it has soul and does not feel like an appliance. I get compliments everywhere I go. I see more and more of them in Atlanta.

I love this car
By kiacat on 12/28/07 21:25 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My daughter talked me into looking at this car/suv and I love driving it. It is so quiet, no road noise, rides smooth, beautiful interior, love the hands free phone system, navigation system (still have to learn this). Like the tailgate automatic lift & closure, automatic seats that lay down in the back.If you haven't looked at this vehicle you are missing something special. Oh don't miss the full moon/sun roof it's really different.

Nice sporty and family car
By musict39/new york on 12/06/07 09:55 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the nav, bluetooth..fully loaded. Great on the road. Wish it had a 3rd row seating then I would have been fully satisfied.

Nice Job Ford!
By harley1129 on 12/02/07 14:44 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2006 Hyundai Tuscon. This Edge is sweet in the pearl white color. Drives beautiful. The ride and handling is superior to even my 2007 MKZ Lincoln with all wheel drive. Read the brakes arent that good but I find they are fine. Good feel and braking so far. Only have 60 miles on the truck.

Nailed It
By Dave Hendershot on 12/01/07 07:17 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I travel on business and have driven just about everything domestic and import. But, there's something about this car that you can't quite put your finger on. Their engineers thought- through the details to make it fun, carry a lot of stuff, and get a lot of compliments at the gas station. You can't believe how much fun it is to drive. You honestly have to restrain yourself. It has 13000 miles now and except for the new car smell being gone, it feels/sounds and drives as perfect as the day I bought it - better than the Toyota I traded in. My Toyo was good - but, this is unbelievable. And, my wife is happy. She laughs that this is what is born when a Mustang marrys an Explorer

Getting a Word in Edge-wise
By GMan on 11/28/07 11:10 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Took delivery of my '08 Edge AWD Limited on 10 Nov 2007, (approx. three weeks after placing an order for it with the dealership), and have really been enjoying the ride since. Loaded with just about every option, including many of the Ford accessories. Good looks (in Redfire Metallic & 20" chromed wheels), good features (SYNC, NAV, SIRIUS), and a good time driving it around. Just spun past 750 miles on the odometer so just getting started, but it's everything I expected so far (& more). A real "head turner" here in my town!

I love this Crossover! SYNC!
By yardiegirl on 11/06/07 16:06 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is just too cool! I really like the exterior design. I chose the cloth interior. It's not as soft or nice as it could be but, it looks durable and they are comfortable. I would recommend the interior/exterior insurance package if you get the cloth seats. I'm loving the SYNC! It was easy to program and it downloaded phonebook from my cell in less than a minute. It was easy to plug my Ipod in and it charges. The Sirius satellite is nice but, I don't really need it. The sound system is great! The space is great. The driver's side window is auto up and down. Parking is too easy with the Reverse Sensing System. I love this crossover!

Ford on Edge of Success
By ikebhm on 10/26/07 13:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is great. Pleasantly surprised after reading middling reviews from Consumer Reports and other car rags. The 3.5 engine is strong and economical, vista roof is a delight and the Sync system sold the deal. Sync is easy to use and set up and has USB to connect ipod for charging and full integration. Voice commands actually work. Heard about poor braking but have not found this is an issue, in everyday driving it goes and stops effortlessly. Getting about 25 mpg highway and 19 in town.