2008 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Tried a few
By Pierre on 03/24/08 21:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I didn't need or really want a new car but decided hauling a wheelchair around folded and on it's side was no longer an option. My first choice of cars was the Toyota Highlander and what a nice car it is. It handled well and has good power but the dealer wasn't in the mood to drop his price too much so I tried a Honda Pilot. Another nice car but it seemed a bit boring and under powered. Car three was the Buick crossover. Another nice car but it just didn't move the soul. When I drove the Edge my mind was made up pretty quickly. It looks great, has good power with a nice but not fancy interior. The rear seats are spacious and the ability to lay back was a selling point for my friends

Edge is a winner
By Katfish on 03/21/08 15:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I did all the research & read all the reviews before buying. I drive 75 miles/day so I need to like what I drive & the Edge was a great choice. It's comfortable, handles nicely and rides quiet. I thought I would miss my Explorer but the slightly smaller size hasn't been an issue. I purchased the base model w/conv pkg & satelite radio, it has everything I need and it looks good too in silver w/black interior.

After a few months
By Captain on 03/19/08 08:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I like everything about the car. The Microsoft Sync (iPod hook-up, phone integration, voice recognition, etc.) is awesome. The navagation system is easy to use, and works great. I drive a good mix of highway and city (will average 15,000+ miles per year), and average between 20-21 MPG. If I am on the highway for a longer distance, I have averaged about 24-26 MPG.

Better than a Mustang!
By RedHoncho on 03/17/08 18:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is so much fun to drive. I was undecided until I test drove the Edge and Taurus X back to back. The Edge is a far superior vehicle. It is quiet, has excellent handling characteristics and the SYNC system is awesome. I love the White Sand Tricoat color too.

First Ford Product
By Hardhawk on 02/23/08 10:15 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Edge is my first Ford product. We have been very happy with it overall. We looked at about every crossover/SUV out there. The Edge best met our needs and we have had no regrets, concerns or problems with it in the three months we have had it. The final selling point for us was the rear seat roominess. We really like the Edge. It is a winner!

Great All-Around
By David T on 02/21/08 21:14 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned the 07 Edge for about six months. It's a great all-around vehicle. I've taken a 500+ mile road trip in it with four adults producing lots of "wows." I haul around my wife and kids in it. It doubles as a classy yet rugged roomy vehicle to take business associates to lunch in. It's able to handle significant loads with the seats down. I could not be more pleased.

900 problem free miles until 901
By Jim Wright on 02/05/08 07:53 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Found car dead on sunday 2/03/08 called Ford for road side asst.they arrived little over an hour could not get car out of park.Tow driver told me there was nothing they could do for me and left.Called road side asst. again and was told because it was sunday nothing they could do for me and to call dealer on monday.They left me stranded with no way to get home.The anti-theft system shut the car down.

Love it!
By suemom on 02/02/08 19:15 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car after looking at Honda CRV and Jeep Compass. Too many CRV's on the road! I love this car! I get compliments all the time. It's fun to drive. Mileage could be better but most of mine is city driving. My only complaint would be with getting in the car.I am of short stature- 5'2'' and getting in would be easier if there were a handle to grab on the top.

Excellent choice
By Indiania on 01/29/08 07:07 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When decided to purchase a crossover knew we did not like a Pilot, experience with my father in law's pilot, test drove several different model came down to Highlander and Edge. Went on a trip and rented a Highlander for a week came home and purchased an Edge. Returned last night from a 900 mile trip and have nothing but good to say about the Ford. Good mile comfortable ride, lots of power, goes good in the snow.

Edge Gets Two Thumbs Up
By mlerysk on 01/25/08 09:55 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Tested every '08 CUV on the market and bought the Edge. Great 2nd row leg room with easy-to-use recline feature, as well as comfortable seating both front and back. Ridiculously fun to drive, handles well and gives driver an intuitive feel when behind the wheel. Modern styling with a good-looking, rugged-stance. Sync, navigation and Vista Roof options take an already well-designed vehicle to the next level of driver integration. Progressive, comfortable, responsive, solid and tight, the Edge is well priced in its class. A must to compare if you're in the CUV market. The more I drive it, the happier I am to own it. This vehicle grows on you with each passing day.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.