2008 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Awesome Ride
By Coach on 07/18/10 16:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had my Edge for 2 yrs. No issues what so ever. SYNC is the best invention EVER! Have no issues mating any phones with the sync system. Nav system is easy to use. The seats are more comfortable than my wife's new Cadillac SRX . One and only one issue that keeps raising its head is the trim on the roof (panoramic roof) rattles.

Ford sold us
By Jeff and Mary on 12/09/09 18:46 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first American car I have ever owned. We traded a 2007 Altima for the Edge (needed more space). Got a great deal, loaded with all but nav and awd. This CUV is so comfortable and just does almost everything excellent, we looked at alot of vehicles too. Some reviews I read say the interior plastics are cheap. Now they aren't soft to the touch, but they are put together very well. No creaks or squeaks at all unlike our Altima which had leather all over and soft touch plastics but had creaks. I'll take a well put together interior over soft touch plastics anyday. This vehicle is so comfortable, great for highway trips. Got 24 MPG on our 2.5 hr trip home from the dealer.

Awesome SUV--- I want another one!!!!!
By Leotus on 08/29/09 11:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Plenty of power and does well in the N.E. winters. Vista roof is awesome along with the power rear gate. Not too many flaws in this puppy.

HOT in Texas
By Anthony on 08/05/09 21:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We had our 2008 Edge limited just 11 months before it was totaled in a very bad car wreck. My wife got T- Boned at 65 mph, and walked away from the car with no broken bones. If you saw the accident scene, you would be surprised that anyone lived. I am 100% sold on the safety of this vehicle! It had a very comfortable ride and was fun to drive. There are 2 significant problems: A/C is VERY weak (especially in TX), and we have never gotten better than 16-17 mpg (even highway trips). The window sticker said 16-24 avg mpg. What a joke that is... With that being said, we are looking at buying another one!

mixed
By fordowner on 06/24/09 12:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car because it was cute and i wanted a small suv so i dodnt have to cram my stroller into a trunk anymore. Overall, I am pretty happy with it. I am a little disappointed because the carpet under the driver side has already pulled back and wire are showing, as well as the drivers seat underneath (my car only has 7k on it). The door rattles a little. There is no passenger handle to grab for assistance while getting in or for comfort while driving. There seems to be several blind spots. My biggest complaint is the ac. The vents only move down and you cant close them so you always have the air on you! my husband likes it cold so I am always uncomfortable when he drives

Expected Less - Got Much More
By Rick on 06/24/09 09:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this car because they were offering buyers incentives. I got much much more then I expected. Great pickup and handling; smooth ride and safe secure feeling when riding in the vehicle. Although the brakes could feel better, in two separate emergency situations they stopped me very quickly and I averted a collision.

Prove me wrong Ford
By Back to a Ford on 06/10/09 15:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I said I would never buy a Ford again after many years ago having a bad experience with a Ford Dealer. After two Toyota Camrys(great car) I purchased a Ford Edge 2008 new. It has been a short time only 3 months and I am loving it. I test drove the Lexus Rx350, Nissan Murano and a few others. I agree with many others Ford has a winner. No car is perfect but if it lasts me for serveral years and runs great I will buy another one. Time will tell! I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Cutting "Edge"
By Coach on 03/03/09 18:28 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was apprehensive about buying the Edge. The first time we drove it, it was noisey and rode real rough (SEL Model) compared to the other vehicles we were shopping. After we returned a second time and drove a Limited with the 20" wheels we changed our mind. Very nice ride and quiet. Sync audio system is awesome as is the Vista Roof. Getting 20-21mpg around town. Not too bad, but better than the estimate given on the sticker. Origionally had some issues with rattles and creeks but were promptly fixed by the selling dealer.

Outside mirrors
By edgeowner on 01/01/09 08:24 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am 5'2" and have problems seeing over or around the outside mirrors. It seems as though they are too large for the vehicle. They create a horrible blind spot, which makes me very nervous while driving. I have tried raising the seat, but then it's difficult to reach the pedals and I crack my knee on the steering column when I get in and out of the vehicle. I ask my boyfriend to drive the car to get his feedback. He is 5'9" and agreed he thought they were larger than normal. He drives a F-150 truck. Prior to owning the Edge I had an Explorer and never had this problem.

Lookin' Good
By Granny on 12/12/08 19:28 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We joined the "buy American" movement and purchased an Edge just after a good working over by the local Toyota dealer. Wow, I am impressed with the ease of maneuverability, the sound system, the sun roofs, and the seat's base-length- finally a seat that extends out far enough and doesn't cut off the circulation in one's legs. The second row seating is also unusually comfortable for this type car. Only had it a week, but so far, it's outstanding.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Ford Edge Suv in NJ is:

$198 per month*