Used 2008 Ford Edge Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Awesome Ride
By Coach

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had my Edge for 2 yrs. No issues what so ever. SYNC is the best invention EVER! Have no issues mating any phones with the sync system. Nav system is easy to use. The seats are more comfortable than my wife's new Cadillac SRX . One and only one issue that keeps raising its head is the trim on the roof (panoramic roof) rattles.

SYNC

I guess they already added weather and traffic to SYNC, only suggestion

Ford sold us
By Jeff and Mary

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first American car I have ever owned. We traded a 2007 Altima for the Edge (needed more space). Got a great deal, loaded with all but nav and awd. This CUV is so comfortable and just does almost everything excellent, we looked at alot of vehicles too. Some reviews I read say the interior plastics are cheap. Now they aren't soft to the touch, but they are put together very well. No creaks or squeaks at all unlike our Altima which had leather all over and soft touch plastics but had creaks. I'll take a well put together interior over soft touch plastics anyday. This vehicle is so comfortable, great for highway trips. Got 24 MPG on our 2.5 hr trip home from the dealer.

20" wheels are beautiful, vista roof is awesome, paint quality, build quality, comfort, stereo is the best I have ever heard, heated seats, power liftgate, memory seat/mirrors, styling, ice blue color, fog lights that come on with parking lights

power seat back angle and lumbar support, better dead pedal, more leather on doors/armrest, better brake pedal feel (too much dead travel), larger floor mats, better tires (not the best in snow), and of course, better gas mileage (especially city)

Awesome SUV--- I want another one!!!!!
By Leotus

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Plenty of power and does well in the N.E. winters. Vista roof is awesome along with the power rear gate. Not too many flaws in this puppy.

Too many to list.

The Edge needs a grab handle above the front passenger window to assist entry.

HOT in Texas
By Anthony

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We had our 2008 Edge limited just 11 months before it was totaled in a very bad car wreck. My wife got T- Boned at 65 mph, and walked away from the car with no broken bones. If you saw the accident scene, you would be surprised that anyone lived. I am 100% sold on the safety of this vehicle! It had a very comfortable ride and was fun to drive. There are 2 significant problems: A/C is VERY weak (especially in TX), and we have never gotten better than 16-17 mpg (even highway trips). The window sticker said 16-24 avg mpg. What a joke that is... With that being said, we are looking at buying another one!

SAFETY, fun to drive, comfortable ride, great styling, American made!!

A/C is the worst I have ever seen. The mpg needs significant improvement.

mixed
By fordowner

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car because it was cute and i wanted a small suv so i dodnt have to cram my stroller into a trunk anymore. Overall, I am pretty happy with it. I am a little disappointed because the carpet under the driver side has already pulled back and wire are showing, as well as the drivers seat underneath (my car only has 7k on it). The door rattles a little. There is no passenger handle to grab for assistance while getting in or for comfort while driving. There seems to be several blind spots. My biggest complaint is the ac. The vents only move down and you cant close them so you always have the air on you! my husband likes it cold so I am always uncomfortable when he drives

its fun to drive and its flashy

a/c vents, passenger ceiling handle, better job putting it together...