Used 2008 Ford Edge SEL Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Loved the car for 8 years, but then....
By marmot

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Beware of the the water pump on the 3.5L engine. Search the internet lots of water pump failures resulting in severe engine damage. I loved this car. I purchased it new, no problems until 92K when the water pump failed with no warning. No warning lights, no fluid leaks. If you're thinking of buying one used with a 3.5L, be sure to have the water pump checked out first.

Good Crossover
By sea1967

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Now have over 100K on my Edge.
Very happy with it overall.
Getting 26.6mpg according to computer in mixed driving.

Heated seats, compass, strereo

Cancel button for cruise control, heated mirrors

A Very Luxurious Vehicle
By robey_1

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2008 Ford Edge in October 2010; about 10 months ago. So far, I am very happy. There was only one issue that I had which was covered under my auto Tran.
This vehicle drives very smooth, like a car, and is very comfortable. The leather interior and the beautiful exterior (powder blue) gives this vehicle a very luxurious look. People cannot believe when I tell them that the vehicle was just under $20,000. Overall, I would highly recommend the Edge as it is like a luxury vehicle without the price tag!

I really like the Sync capabilities; however, I have yet to use the phone setting. I really love the leather seats and the automatc driver side seats. The heated seats are great for winter too. The rear seat fold forward to make tons of room for anything you may need to load. I have moved a few times and the load capacity has really helped keep the trips to a minimum.

Air conditioned seats would be really great!

Thank You Ford!
By Happy Edge Owner

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After test driving many different cross overs, I decided on the Edge. It was the most comfortable to drive, had more to offer than the others and for a good price too. I custom built my SEL in White Sands, Tan w/black stitching interior, Sync that works better than my husbands Acura TL, Rear Lift gate, Towing package that gave me a bigger radiator, Roof Rack, and more. Back seats offer flexibility by lowering one or both. Plenty of room for hauling stuff. I've had it for two years now, taken it on long trips with no problems. I like to ask my husband "have I told you how much I love my Edge lately? It's by far the best vehicle I've ever had.

Sync, Auto Rear Hatch, Comfort, sporty good looks, good acceleration, lights that turn on inside & out when I unlock it, not too big, just the right size.

The air conditioning output could be better on the drivers side.

would buy again
By nice ride

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

i think one best suv on the market .smooth ride and lots room

i was surprised at all the room in the back lots of leg room.

big blind spot