2008 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Good Crossover
By sea1967 on 10/14/11 20:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Now have over 100K on my Edge. Very happy with it overall. Getting 26.6mpg according to computer in mixed driving.

A Very Luxurious Vehicle
By robey_1 on 08/30/11 10:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2008 Ford Edge in October 2010; about 10 months ago. So far, I am very happy. There was only one issue that I had which was covered under my auto Tran. This vehicle drives very smooth, like a car, and is very comfortable. The leather interior and the beautiful exterior (powder blue) gives this vehicle a very luxurious look. People cannot believe when I tell them that the vehicle was just under $20,000. Overall, I would highly recommend the Edge as it is like a luxury vehicle without the price tag!

Thank You Ford!
By Happy Edge Owner on 07/12/10 20:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After test driving many different cross overs, I decided on the Edge. It was the most comfortable to drive, had more to offer than the others and for a good price too. I custom built my SEL in White Sands, Tan w/black stitching interior, Sync that works better than my husbands Acura TL, Rear Lift gate, Towing package that gave me a bigger radiator, Roof Rack, and more. Back seats offer flexibility by lowering one or both. Plenty of room for hauling stuff. I've had it for two years now, taken it on long trips with no problems. I like to ask my husband "have I told you how much I love my Edge lately? It's by far the best vehicle I've ever had.

would buy again
By nice ride on 02/01/10 05:29 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

i think one best suv on the market .smooth ride and lots room

08 Ford Edge SEL
By Amanda on 08/14/09 12:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've only owned my edge for a couple months. I had a Hyundai elantra and wanted a bigger vehicle since I just had a little girl. I love the room in the edge. I was looking at a few suvs and most of them still looked just as crammed as my car did once I put the car seat in. This crossover has plenty of room for the car seat and plenty of cargo space for my stroller and anything else I might need to take along with me. Also love that it has ac vents in the back so I don't have to worry about my little girl burning up. It's very comfortable even in the back seats. Gas mileage could use some improvement though. I usually get about 22-24 on the highway and about 16-18 in the city.

Good, but not great
By VekinTexas on 06/04/09 07:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I felt compelled to buy an American car due to the current economic crises. This is my first Ford & I really liked the exterior design. The car drove good & overall the interior is comfortable & roomy. After 8 months of ownership, I wish I'd bought foreign. While I have had no major issues, I feel American cars are still behind in design & quality. The AC is pathetic. The driver side does not blow. This is a bad thing in Texas. I inquired @ the dealership I have my oil changed @, the service manager told me it was a design flaw & they had tons of complaints, but there was no fixes for the issue. Not what I wanted to hear. The dashboard gauges are hard to see in low lighting conditions.

My wife liked the exterior design
By Marco Basto on 01/12/09 18:05 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

No problems until now, poor air conditioning, good acceleration, poor dashboard gauges, to evaluate reliability I will wait to put more miles on it but we drive 2000 miles to Texas and no problems

Glad we choose the Edge
By On the edge on 10/07/08 09:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After looking at several models of CUV/SUV, including Pilot, Veracruz, CX9, Toyota Highlander, we decided that the 3rd row was the dealbreaker and went looking for something smaller. I am so glad we did. We decided on the Limited model with the Sync/Sirius/6 cd and the leather interior. I really like the two tone interior and the contrast stitching on the seats. We are just back from an 1800 mile trip and the Edge performed wonderfully. Very comfortable on the long ride and plenty of room. Gas mileage was not great, but driving 80+ MPH will do that. My first new car in 12 years and glad I'm on the Edge!

Happily on Edge
By On Edge on 08/11/08 13:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am very pleased with my Edge. I went from a convertible Sebring to an Edge. Being able to see the road is awesome. I love the Sync and Sirius Satellite. I am going on a road trip and can hardly wait to see how she handles on the highway. Right now she's a city girl. The ride in is so smooth, I don't hardly want to get out when I get to work. She's turning heads all over the place. I love my Edge!

Could be more
By Crashley on 07/18/08 18:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Feeling a bit let down. I see other crossovers (MDX, Acadia, Highlander) on the road and wish I had opted for one of those. The drive is nice and smooth ,and I do enjoy the Sync, nav system and power lift-gate. The airconditioning needs some help. Even on high, I keep reaching to turn it higher, and the airvents will not turn to blow directly in your face. Opening the sun-roof helps, but it is loud at higher speeds. You would think will all the hype over Sync, Ford would have invested in more speakers. 4 speakers standard and upgraded sound has only 6? Our Corolla has better sound! After 4 fillups, we are averaging 16mpg mostly city driving.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.