2008 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Not so good...
By nivek3 on 04/09/12 16:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After never owning a Ford, I decided to give them a try. Initially I thought it was a good car, but little by little I began to hate it. The Build quality is crap. The interior is made of very cheap plastic and fit is poor. Even worse is the air conditioning. I unfortunately bought the Edge during the winter, so the AC was not a priority at that point. Then came the Texas heat. The Air conditioner makes lots of noise but never puts out air. The dealership said there was nothing they could do since it was due to the design. So I now own a VW and love it.

Poor AC Flow
By AD on 08/14/10 06:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am very much in love with my Edge, except for the poor AC flow. It worked great for a year and now I can't get it above 80 degrees. We all sweat in my car and bought a fan to put in the back seat. Hopefully Ford can fix this problem and not let a good car go to waste!

Best used car every bought
By great gas mileage on 04/12/10 17:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just got my Ford Edge and purchased from a Chevy Dealer who took it in trade. I recently went on a road trip and got 25 mpg on the trip. I use bp gas as recommended in the manual and find performance gas mileage was improved over the two tanks I got at the local convenient store. Lots of power and handles great in any situation.

I love my Edge!!
By Teenda on 08/11/09 07:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love driving my edge. I traded in a Jetta for it to deal with the winters and I was tired of a manual transmission. I have now found out I am an SUV woman and will probably always be one. My edge was broken into once so the pass window was smashed in but that isn't a manufacturers defect. My cruise control did stop functioning but it was replaced under warranty. As for fuel mileage - I drive to quick to give an accurate answer. I love the stability and comfort I feel while driving my Edge vs. driving a Jetta which was low to the ground and a rough ride. LOVE LOVE LOVE MY EDGE!

Great Vehicle/Bad Mileage
By edge driver on 06/11/09 06:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great Vehicle. Looks Great, Drives Great. No problems so far. Gas Mileage Stinks!

A++
By Brooker on 09/28/08 15:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My husband and I test drove many crossover SUV's when we were searching for a new car and when we happened upon the Edge, it was love at first site. It's roomy enough for my husband, who is a large guy, to sit in either the front or back comfortably and the panaramic sunroof is great. But most importantly, it's fun to drive! Keep producing this king of vehicle Ford, you hit a homerun with this one!

Great Vehicle!
By MacAtac on 08/14/08 14:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Truly designed with the driver in mind. From the amenities and comfort of the interior to the way it handles and performs on both city streets and open highways, this is one impressive vehicle! Acceleration and maneuverability beats Saturn, Chevrolet, Toyota and Honda in comparable class vehicles and at a great price. We purchased the base model SE, but all the extras like MicroSoft Sync, top of the line sound system with a 6 CD changer, radio and cruise control in the steering wheel, roof rack, anti-theft system, etc. this vehicle is in a class of its own. The ride is extremely comfortable; cruising at 70 mph feels like you're going 30 or 35 and bumps are almost unnoticeable.

The most room for a crossover
By courtney on 08/13/08 12:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Ford Edge. The room in it is amazing. The most room you'll find for your money. And this is one of the most affordable SUV/CUVs. I have 2 kids and this fits all 4 of us comfortably

Poor AC not appropriate for hot climates
By charles on 08/06/08 22:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned 7 vehicles and the Edge has the worst AC by far. Have to keep it on max fan and max ac all the time here in TX and still sweat. Lots of power, soft suspension and low road noise. Vehicle feels like your driving a boat, a floating vs driving sensation.

Short andloves it!!
By slg on 07/24/08 21:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As a 5'1 woman, mine is super comfortable! My seat adjusts every which way possible! My car came with Michelins on it, smooth ride with little road noise, less than my Altima! We traded in a 2005 Nissan Altima that I had put 89,000 miles on in 38 months, trust me! The Edge is a good performing car too, has plenty of power. My gas mileage stinks, but that is my fault! Sync is great, although "Debbie" hears what she wants sometimes. Good style and design! I love it! Bought it because my sister has an 07 and loves it too! We knew all baby stuff would fit and we had outgrown my car! Husband's knees no longer hit!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Ford Edge in VA is:

$122 per month*