2008 Ford Edge SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2008 Edge Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Sort Reviews by

Not so good...
By nivek3

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After never owning a Ford, I decided to give them a try. Initially I thought it was a good car, but little by little I began to hate it. The Build quality is crap. The interior is made of very cheap plastic and fit is poor. Even worse is the air conditioning. I unfortunately bought the Edge during the winter, so the AC was not a priority at that point. Then came the Texas heat. The Air conditioner makes lots of noise but never puts out air. The dealership said there was nothing they could do since it was due to the design. So I now own a VW and love it.

Favorite Features

Exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

Air conditioner, seat comfort, and interior build quality.

Poor AC Flow
By AD

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am very much in love with my Edge, except for the poor AC flow. It worked great for a year and now I can't get it above 80 degrees. We all sweat in my car and bought a fan to put in the back seat. Hopefully Ford can fix this problem and not let a good car go to waste!

Suggested Improvements

poor air conditioning flow

Best used car every bought
By great gas mileage

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just got my Ford Edge and purchased from a Chevy Dealer who took it in trade. I recently went on a road trip and got 25 mpg on the trip. I use bp gas as recommended in the manual and find performance gas mileage was improved over the two tanks I got at the local convenient store. Lots of power and handles great in any situation.

Favorite Features

bluetooth feature and hands free phone use.

Suggested Improvements

none at this time, very satisfied.

I love my Edge!!
By Teenda

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love driving my edge. I traded in a Jetta for it to deal with the winters and I was tired of a manual transmission. I have now found out I am an SUV woman and will probably always be one. My edge was broken into once so the pass window was smashed in but that isn't a manufacturers defect. My cruise control did stop functioning but it was replaced under warranty. As for fuel mileage - I drive to quick to give an accurate answer. I love the stability and comfort I feel while driving my Edge vs. driving a Jetta which was low to the ground and a rough ride. LOVE LOVE LOVE MY EDGE!

Favorite Features

Cabin room, Exterior visual appeal, Comfort of the seats, Reclining rear seat, We can fit 5 mtn bikes in the back (we love biking)

Suggested Improvements

Vents by stereo can't be turned off. I feel like this car also has a huge blind spot (but that could be because I was used to a Jetta before this vehicle)

Great Vehicle/Bad Mileage
By edge driver

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great Vehicle. Looks Great, Drives Great. No problems so far. Gas Mileage Stinks!

Favorite Features

Styling

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage

A++
By Brooker

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My husband and I test drove many crossover SUV's when we were searching for a new car and when we happened upon the Edge, it was love at first site. It's roomy enough for my husband, who is a large guy, to sit in either the front or back comfortably and the panaramic sunroof is great. But most importantly, it's fun to drive! Keep producing this king of vehicle Ford, you hit a homerun with this one!

Great Vehicle!
By MacAtac

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Truly designed with the driver in mind. From the amenities and comfort of the interior to the way it handles and performs on both city streets and open highways, this is one impressive vehicle! Acceleration and maneuverability beats Saturn, Chevrolet, Toyota and Honda in comparable class vehicles and at a great price. We purchased the base model SE, but all the extras like MicroSoft Sync, top of the line sound system with a 6 CD changer, radio and cruise control in the steering wheel, roof rack, anti-theft system, etc. this vehicle is in a class of its own. The ride is extremely comfortable; cruising at 70 mph feels like you're going 30 or 35 and bumps are almost unnoticeable.

Favorite Features

We really like the MicroSoft Sync, radio and cruise controls in the steering wheel, and comfortable yet responsive feel of the suspension system. The passenger compartment is quiet, even at highway speeds, and conversation can be had at normal speaking volume. Lots of leg and hip room in all seats.

Suggested Improvements

If Ford could figure out a way to improve mpg for the Edge by 25% or more while maintaining performance, that would make a great vehicle outstanding! I hope this vehicle continues to evolve to an even higher level in the years to come. Great vehicle, reasonably priced!

The most room for a crossover
By courtney

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Ford Edge. The room in it is amazing. The most room you'll find for your money. And this is one of the most affordable SUV/CUVs. I have 2 kids and this fits all 4 of us comfortably

Favorite Features

MP3, storage space

Suggested Improvements

#ith the way gas prices are I wished I got better gas mileage

Poor AC not appropriate for hot climates
By charles

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned 7 vehicles and the Edge has the worst AC by far. Have to keep it on max fan and max ac all the time here in TX and still sweat. Lots of power, soft suspension and low road noise. Vehicle feels like your driving a boat, a floating vs driving sensation.

Favorite Features

Love the exterior styling. Lots of room. Seats are comfortable. Upgraded painted 18" wheels look nice. Low road noise.

Suggested Improvements

The AC needs stronger fan and more directional vents. Need to be able to shut off vents not being used. Center stack is ugly. Radio looks and sounds like it is from 1970 w 4 cheap speakers. Brakes are poor, almost unsafe.

Short andloves it!!
By slg

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As a 5'1 woman, mine is super comfortable! My seat adjusts every which way possible! My car came with Michelins on it, smooth ride with little road noise, less than my Altima! We traded in a 2005 Nissan Altima that I had put 89,000 miles on in 38 months, trust me! The Edge is a good performing car too, has plenty of power. My gas mileage stinks, but that is my fault! Sync is great, although "Debbie" hears what she wants sometimes. Good style and design! I love it! Bought it because my sister has an 07 and loves it too! We knew all baby stuff would fit and we had outgrown my car! Husband's knees no longer hit!

Favorite Features

Sync and all the power ports! Having my ipod plugged in center console! Steering wheel controls standard! Seats that feel like they are hugging me! Husband is a firefighter so saftey was major selling point! Also glad 08 has lift handle on tailgate, sister has 07 and hers is hard to open/close!

Suggested Improvements

Needs cargo area cover! Fuel door release from inside car!