Used 2008 Ford Edge SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Not so good...
By nivek3

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After never owning a Ford, I decided to give them a try. Initially I thought it was a good car, but little by little I began to hate it. The Build quality is crap. The interior is made of very cheap plastic and fit is poor. Even worse is the air conditioning. I unfortunately bought the Edge during the winter, so the AC was not a priority at that point. Then came the Texas heat. The Air conditioner makes lots of noise but never puts out air. The dealership said there was nothing they could do since it was due to the design. So I now own a VW and love it.

Exterior design.

Air conditioner, seat comfort, and interior build quality.

Poor AC Flow
By AD

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am very much in love with my Edge, except for the poor AC flow. It worked great for a year and now I can't get it above 80 degrees. We all sweat in my car and bought a fan to put in the back seat. Hopefully Ford can fix this problem and not let a good car go to waste!

poor air conditioning flow

Best used car every bought
By great gas mileage

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just got my Ford Edge and purchased from a Chevy Dealer who took it in trade. I recently went on a road trip and got 25 mpg on the trip. I use bp gas as recommended in the manual and find performance gas mileage was improved over the two tanks I got at the local convenient store. Lots of power and handles great in any situation.

bluetooth feature and hands free phone use.

none at this time, very satisfied.

I love my Edge!!
By Teenda

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love driving my edge. I traded in a Jetta for it to deal with the winters and I was tired of a manual transmission. I have now found out I am an SUV woman and will probably always be one. My edge was broken into once so the pass window was smashed in but that isn't a manufacturers defect. My cruise control did stop functioning but it was replaced under warranty. As for fuel mileage - I drive to quick to give an accurate answer. I love the stability and comfort I feel while driving my Edge vs. driving a Jetta which was low to the ground and a rough ride. LOVE LOVE LOVE MY EDGE!

Cabin room, Exterior visual appeal, Comfort of the seats, Reclining rear seat, We can fit 5 mtn bikes in the back (we love biking)

Vents by stereo can't be turned off. I feel like this car also has a huge blind spot (but that could be because I was used to a Jetta before this vehicle)

Great Vehicle/Bad Mileage
By edge driver

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great Vehicle. Looks Great, Drives Great. No problems so far. Gas Mileage Stinks!

Styling