Used 2008 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

I usually dont give 5 star reviews
By djscotec

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my Edge at the beginning of 2009, was a demo with 9000 miles, to this date i just went over 52000 miles. Knock on wood i've had very little problems with the vehicle, mechanically or electronically. the rear tail lights burn out unusually fast, should have a recall on this. the sockets appear scorched. other than that its been basic maintenance on the vehicle. i changed the transmission oil at 50000 miles just to be safe. I also change the oil every 4000 miles with full synthetic mobil 1. the oil still looks good after 4000 miles! the front end seems to be riding hard as of late but it may need some gas struts replaced, most of my miles are city driving and joy riding

Favorite Features

Moonroof is a must have, heated mirrors in the winter are great as are the heated seats. AWD in Buffalo NY winter is nothing short of amazing! You feel like you're on dry pavement with 6 inches of snow on the ground. The truck feels heavy and in command on the road. all of the airbags are reassuring and sync works great with my streaming music service. would buy again without question. These trucks hold value and have a commanding stance on the road. would make a great used vehicle for any family. the back seats are very spacious , tall people will be impressed with the leg room. back seats recline for comfortable long trips

Suggested Improvements

Tail light socket issue. (most likely corrected with the LEDS the following year) But let me add, i love the bulb look. the tail lights on the 2008 limited are the best they ever used in looks even to the latest 2015 model.. i would like to see the ford emblem lite by LED in future cars, also an adjustable ride would be great.. I had OEM 18's on mine and bought 22" 9.5 wide steel wheels for summer.. 265/35/22 fit perfect.

2008 Edge SEL
By hmayan

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Good car over all. Bought it new and owned it now for 4 years. Pleasant to drive. Interior design is a bit poor. I saw a 2012 model and they made a lot of improvements. Gas millage is worse than advertised which is the biggest drawback for me. I get 16-17 mixed according to computer, from day 1.

Favorite Features

I like the SYNC, large cargo space and the large vista sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Tail lights (brake) failed multiple times. They actually burned the sockets as well. At 63k miles brakes started making gurgling/bubbling noise when pressed. So, had to spent $400 to change the booster for brakes which is unusual. I keep seeing the same complaints in other forums, so I know I am not the only one who had these problems. They should have had factory recalls for these.

Not so good...
By nivek3

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After never owning a Ford, I decided to give them a try. Initially I thought it was a good car, but little by little I began to hate it. The Build quality is crap. The interior is made of very cheap plastic and fit is poor. Even worse is the air conditioning. I unfortunately bought the Edge during the winter, so the AC was not a priority at that point. Then came the Texas heat. The Air conditioner makes lots of noise but never puts out air. The dealership said there was nothing they could do since it was due to the design. So I now own a VW and love it.

Favorite Features

Exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

Air conditioner, seat comfort, and interior build quality.

Good Crossover
By sea1967

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Now have over 100K on my Edge. Very happy with it overall. Getting 26.6mpg according to computer in mixed driving.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, compass, strereo

Suggested Improvements

Cancel button for cruise control, heated mirrors

A Very Luxurious Vehicle
By robey_1

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2008 Ford Edge in October 2010; about 10 months ago. So far, I am very happy. There was only one issue that I had which was covered under my auto Tran. This vehicle drives very smooth, like a car, and is very comfortable. The leather interior and the beautiful exterior (powder blue) gives this vehicle a very luxurious look. People cannot believe when I tell them that the vehicle was just under $20,000. Overall, I would highly recommend the Edge as it is like a luxury vehicle without the price tag!

Favorite Features

I really like the Sync capabilities; however, I have yet to use the phone setting. I really love the leather seats and the automatc driver side seats. The heated seats are great for winter too. The rear seat fold forward to make tons of room for anything you may need to load. I have moved a few times and the load capacity has really helped keep the trips to a minimum.

Suggested Improvements

Air conditioned seats would be really great!