Use your own judgement
By Edge wins by an Edge on
2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I looked at cars for > 1 year and I'm glad I waited. Looked at the Edge, Mazda CX-7 & CX-9, and Nissan Murano (and many many more). Nissan and Mazda wouldn't negotiate price. Ford did (two $500 rebates, 3.9% financing, and near invoice price) and that sealed the deal - In my case. Safety features are excellent, ride comfortable, well planted and quiet, with plenty of power. For example, drove at high speed and pushed the pedal, and quickly went higher with easily more to spare. Transmission shifts silky smooth. I never owned a Ford before but am glad I considered them. I recommend that you do the same if you are considering a crossover. I rented an Edge for 3 days before buying.
Favorite Features
Handling, room & comfort, & safety. Panoramic vista roof. I read the reviews and drove all the cars that I considered. The reviews help you to focus on strengths and weaknesses (and sometime conflict) but in the end think of what is important to you and make your own decision. Hope this helps.
Suggested Improvements
Tire pressure monitor and trunk cover as standard equipment. Body side moldings to protect against other car doors. I can't judge reliability as the car is brand new. However, the build quality and operation are excellent, so my expectation is that reliability will be the same. Good luck.