One year follow up report
By Follow Up Report on
2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Have 26,000 miles on vehicle. No problems whatsoever. Only work done was routine oil changes - so far very reliable. In 2007, Ford did not offer the sync option for audio/mp3 players (which is now offered on 2008 cars). I would have preferred that over the wire connections that I must make now. Overall experience is that I am very happy with this car and would buy it again. Combined hwy/city mileage is a solid 18mpg - don't expect more from AWD equipped car. Although the Edge has been out a year now, I still get a lot of questions from people about the car. The styling appears to be popular.
Favorite Features
Roomy (We have four person family), versatility, styling, safety, power, & vista roof. I also like the tire pressure monitor, it came in handy twice when I was getting flats (nails) and allowed me to get repairs without getting stranded. Headlights are excellent.
Suggested Improvements
I agree with the comments on the angular headrest - they could be more comfortable. Provide more flexibility in ventilation controls. We added small circular mirrors to the outside mirrors to improve side visibility. Add adjustable pedals option & rear stadium seating for shorter people.