Nice at first until a part breaks
By jessokk on
2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I bought my Ford Edge 8 months ago with 38,000 miles and loved it until the vista sunroof "broke" for no reason. The service technician just said the part malfunctioned.... Ford is charging $5,000 for the vista roof track alone! That is absolutely ridiculous!! There is no way that part costs that much. But there is nothing I can do other than pay the cost to get it fixed or leave it closed. That is certainly not a well manufactured vehicle. I highly recommend that you go elsewhere for a vehicle that will not simple break and you are stuck with the bill.
Suggested Improvements
I also read other reviews that people had problems with the sunroof. They indicated significant costs as well. I suggest Ford recall the roof track or make a better product.
By benda
on 04/17/12 11:51 AM (PDT)

oops one more thing,,i did a vehicle recall before purchase of the used 2007 Ford Edge,,no recalls at all on 3 sites..but 1) replaced back right bulb 2) replaced vista roof track and shade (as mine is leather and blk) so i had no choice.. 3) not TPS sensor.. I want my honda back...........

By glam1
on 02/28/13 15:04 PM (PST)

I wonder if an independent mechanic could do it for less?

By benda
on 04/17/12 11:48 AM (PDT)

yes ME also,,,had to replace shade cover for vista roof..PLASTIC track park,,cost to me..2 grand,,,not covered un extended warranty and now TPS=throdle peddle sensor,,fright after warranty expired. and she only has 80,000 miles..ADVICE TO LOOKERS,,PASS! I do luv her,,but cost of up keep is outrages.............