2007 Ford Edge Consumer Review: An Edge Indeed!

2007 Ford Edge - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

An Edge Indeed!
By BC in the D on

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was waiting for the Edge to come out since the lease was up on my 500. I was a little concerned that Ford couldn't seem to get them out of the plant, but I will assume caution was the order of the day and will say I am glad I waited. The interior is church quiet and the ride incredibly smooth. Thanks to the new 6 speed transmission you are at 1900 rpms at 70 mph. Just cruising. The new 3.5 liter engine is very smooth and provides plenty of punch. The leather front seats are nicely styled with contrast stitching and hold you firmly. The ride is excellent. As good as or better than a top notch sedan. The exterior styling is strong and fresh. Ford got this one right. No joke.

Pretty decent sound on the stereo with an input jack for an iPod in the center console. It comes with Sirius for 6 months, then you pay up or drop it. Include rubber mats are a nice touch and the rear seats can be folded down with one button from the rear hatch so you don't have to walk around.

It sounds trivial but I became addicted to that automatic up direction driver side window button on my 500. I would like it on the Edge. Mileage remains to be seen but at 24 on the highway (rated) this would only be average. I am hoping for more.