2007 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Excellent Car
By cbarrois on 02/23/08 22:33 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was rear ended by a Dodge Ram going 70 mph while I was at a stop. This car was awesome! My passenger and I walked away a little sore, but we walked away. My car is totaled now but I'm in the process of buying a new one, unfortunately they don't make the Dark Amethyst in the 2008's.

Love this Edge!
By K Bancroft on 02/07/08 12:10 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recommend the Ford Edge, it is fun to drive, handles excellent with good acceleration. When I first got it I had to train myself to stop driving so fast. It is also the perfect height, low enough to handle well but high enough to feel like you are sitting in a chair instead of with your legs out in front of you like you are on the floor. Before this I had a 6 cyl Subaru Outback 04, before that a V-6 Lexus ES300 98. Both of these handled very well but did a number on my back and I couldn't see anything sitting so low to the ground. I'm getting around 20 mpg which I feel is good for a 3.5L 265hp. Rides smooth too!

Fun Factor
By Kilokid on 02/06/08 16:14 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this vehicle for 3 mos and I can tell you I love it. I drove a 1998 Lincoln Mark VII before and it just wasn't for me. I'm retired and I needed a vehicle that would take four guys with golf bags to the course. Well this Ford Edge is perfect for that. We all sit in comfort and quiet. We can have a normal conversation at 70 mph with having to raise our voice. Two of my golfing buddies drive the Lexus RX 330 and both say their next car will be the Edge.

Smooth Ride, Great Design
By cawfebug on 01/14/08 05:58 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The AWD Edge has been a great car to drive. I was surprised as to how smooth and quite it is. All controls are fairly easy to get to given the size of the interior and the seats (except the front head rests) are very comfortable on long trips. This car is a great deal dollar for dollar. We get compliments on the Edge frequently.

One year follow up report
By Follow Up Report on 01/06/08 09:55 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have 26,000 miles on vehicle. No problems whatsoever. Only work done was routine oil changes - so far very reliable. In 2007, Ford did not offer the sync option for audio/mp3 players (which is now offered on 2008 cars). I would have preferred that over the wire connections that I must make now. Overall experience is that I am very happy with this car and would buy it again. Combined hwy/city mileage is a solid 18mpg - don't expect more from AWD equipped car. Although the Edge has been out a year now, I still get a lot of questions from people about the car. The styling appears to be popular.

Overall Very Solid Vehicle
By The Edge on 01/04/08 10:41 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really like the Edge. My wife has a Ford Expedition, but this is my first Ford. I've had many imports: Honda, Audi, Infiniti, Nissan, VW, Toyota, and so far this one is right up there with the best brands. Nice combo with powerful engine and smooth trans. Excellent safety features. Drives very nice on highway. Some blind spots (backup sensors option is must have). The only thing I do not like is the middle backseat is very tight, can not fit three adults in backseat (only fits two adults and a small child in middle).

Whiny. Whiny!
By Mary on 12/31/07 08:31 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great curb appeal and comfortable. That's about it. City driving gas mileage averages around 15mpg - not much better than my 2004 Explorer. Difficult to see outside or rear window - back headrests block view. However, most troubling is the constant whining which dealership attributes to the fuel pump. Sorry. they say, there is nothing we can do. Because its a new model, Ford has little documentation on this problem.

Love It!
By chip on 12/17/07 14:38 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Vista roof..amazing! Nav system..awesome! Seats are very comfortable for long drives and heated seats work wonders on your rear side! Heater works really fast. Big plus for cold western winters. love the look and how quiet the car rides. Handling is great as well. It doesn't get the best gas mileage but that's what you can expect with an SUV. Love the car

Great, but
By CliffsEdge on 12/15/07 18:34 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We own or have owned 2 competing vehicles this year. Picked the Edge based on payment & 98% on looks. My 07' Hyundai Santa Fe & 08' Hyundai Veracruz are leagues above the Edge in build quality, refinement & pamper level. Edge is quite quick, handles nice. Lots of looks, comments from other drivers. But if one doesn't care so much about looks, the Santa Fe or Veracruz are simply night & day in quietness, refinement, smoothness & quality. A difference likened between Toyota Rav4 VS BMW X5 V8. The Edge is nice to drive & acceptable. The Hyundai's are simply impressive every time you drive them. I'd have to say they are 3 - 5 tiers above the Edge.

Nice car- sweet design
By Jenkcool on 12/14/07 04:36 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It has a great feel of the road. Very stable, feels very solid. The road noise is at a minumum. It has plenty of room.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.