Used 2007 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Love at First Drive
By judymac

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Fell in love with this car the first time I drove it. Unfortunately did not wait for the 2008 model (would have loved to have Sync). Mileage is good for the size; controls are relatively easy; plenty of space for myself and family. Drives well on mountain roads. Mileage averages around 20 mpg with most of my driving done on mountain roads and city streets.

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior design as well as mileage are probably my favorite features. I feel safe in the car with the side and front airbags. Handling is tight - which I like.

Suggested Improvements

The air conditioning/heating system is hampered by a terrible delivery system. I was hoping they had improved this for 2008, but based on the comments here it does not look like it. Side mirrors could be improved-lots of blind spots on driver side. Rapid acceleration a little sluggish.

Great Vehicle!!! First Ford Ever Owned!!
By Kiese

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We recently purchased our Edge and couldnt be happier. We are averaging what i feel to be a good mpg of 20+ mpgs with close to 50/50 mixed driving and a wife who has a lead foot. Family feels extremely safe inside our Edge and has more room than they know what to do with. First Ford vehicle either of us has owned and we just might be owning more in the future. Very Happy Ford, Keep up the great work!

Favorite Features

Comfy Interior, Decent MPGs for a vehicle in this class, Reclining back seats, Smooth, quiet ride and excellent handling.

Suggested Improvements

Install a bumper guard on the back bumper to keep it from getting scratched!

What a great solid vehicle
By Mark

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent vehicle. Handles and feels very solid. Rides like a Lincoln or a Caddy. I have a family of 4 and there is so much room. As we test drove before purchase I sat in the back seat while the wife drove it...the leg room in the back seats is unbelievable.

Favorite Features

The seats are so comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

A little better braking. It is a heavy vehicle and should have bigger brakes installed. Feels like you really have to push on the pedal hard at times.

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl)
By Amanda

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have also had the Power Take-off Unit (PTU) replaced in my vehicle along with metal that was in my transmission, oil leak. Just recently i was on a steep hill and my car drifted ever so slightly backward and the transmission made a horrible sound and the whole car shut off and all my lights came on. I do love the car and its great in the snow but transmission and mechanically it's bad. I never had an issue with other Fords. Just disappointed because it is a beautiful car.

Favorite Features

Design of interior and exterior. Back seat folds down, lots of room for skis and snowboards. Goes anywhere in the snow (when not in the shop)

Suggested Improvements

Everything under the hood. Just not your usual ford.

So Happy!
By noodles

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Edge is so comfortable, great for our family of four. 2 boys, 11 & 14 they need a lot of space to stretch out. My husband is 6'4 and 300 lbs and he's comfy. We got the black paint w/the black leather interior, sweet. Its gorgeous. Love the navagation system, sr, cd player and tons of pre-sets for everything. Heated seats, dual climate controls. Smooth ride. The car handles pretty well, not as tough as I thought in the snow but I didn't get the AWD. There is a button to press for slippery cond's, that does help. Super quiet inside. Great package inside and out. 20,000 miles, cert. pre-owned with 100,000 m warranty. 120 miles on 1/2 a tank, no complaints on gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, super comfy. Everything at my fingertips while still giving me space.

Suggested Improvements

Less of a tinted window in back, hard to see at night.