2007 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
The best ever!
By alyssa628 on 04/29/08 10:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have always gone with Honda to buy all my cars. My husband was bored with this and seen a Ford Edge and had to buy. I was nervous about this idea, not anymore. This is the best vehicle

But the A/C system (doesn't) blows
By WasAChevyDriver on 04/17/08 12:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the Edge, no going back to my unreliable and mostly unresponsive, GM vehicles. The Ford is great, seems very safe and reliable. Our main issues are the A/C (always on max, not enough air flow from vents to keep you cool in Arizona) and gas mileage (17- 19). The vehicle had 21,000 miles on it when we bought it, should be better. Also, there is a peculiar smell occasionally, smells like natural gas and we see some light wisps of smoke out from the hood area. Dealer says nothing wrong with it. For the price, though, it's a great vehicle and we'd never be able to buy a Murano here for the same price range!

Pros and cons
By brenda - wisconsin on 04/11/08 14:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I went from a Exployer to the Edge, for something a bit smaller. Cons: no remote hatch release, back window does not open, brake noise when starting out if weather damp or rainy, front head rest push head forward, blind spot when changing lanes, gauges hard to see if lights on during the day. Too small back window to see through when backing up. Can't fit my large mcdonalds ice coffee in cup holder. Wish the gear handle was on the column so I had room for my purse or more cup holder space. The dash top shiny accent reflects in the windshild. Wish drivers door only unlock-hit button again for all doors unlock. Steering wheel conrols a bit small for a mans fingers.

Very Nice SUV!
By Mickey on 04/07/08 17:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our Edge for just over a year now and the wife loves it! We average 18mpg in city and anywhere from 21-22mpg winter time to 22-24mpg in the summer and have reached 26mpg a couple of times. The ride seems rough when riding in the passenger seat compared to the driver seat(just my opinion)we had sirius installed after we purchased the vehicle and wife loves that also. She like the looks and compares her edge to a less expensive looking lexus rx. no problems with tire pressure monitoring system as mentioned in some reviews

Sold My Audi for this.
By 2007 SEL+ (Limitied) on 03/31/08 13:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife needed something with four wheel drive. We live on a mountain and get a lot of snow. I needed something to pull my 4 wheelers, that was as fun to drive as my Mustang, and my Audi turbo, and would be comfortable for road trips. My Audi was a fortune to maintiain. The Edge ride is so smooth. I like smoking BMW X5's off the line and the ride is very quiet. We love the look of it and I never get tired of driving it. Nice work Ford!!

Ford finally gets it
By usafastaners on 03/27/08 14:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was shopping for an SUV for 10 months. My choices were down to Lexus RX400, Mazda CX9, Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX. For the price the Ford Edge was the winner by far. It handles very well with quick cornering response. The 263hp V-6 is a hot engine. I hear Ford is already thinking of dumping it. Don't do it! I love the Vista Roof. It's like driving a convertible SUV. I have to agree with a previous review. The navigation system is wonderful but no free updates. That stinks for a $1200 option. All in all I love this vehicle and recommend it to anyone looking for a car.

Love It!
By Chelsea on 03/26/08 12:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I fell in love with the Edge the first time I saw the commercial. I traded in my Chrysler Pacifica for the Edge and love it so far! Very sporty looking and drives very well. Lots of room in the back for more than just children to ride comfortably! The interior is average, but its very functional and very comfortable. Along with most cars, there are a few things I would like to see changed for the models to come. The way the armrest is set up in the back makes it hard to see out the rear view mirror. The brakes are sketchy for me, the have grooves in them and the dealer said it was normal on the Edge...hmm. Other than that, very sport and get lots of compliments!

Wow!
By Lyle on 03/13/08 11:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a great car. A friend bought one and let me drive it. Within 2 days I had one. Love everything about it, except the gas mileage could be better. Very comfortable to ride in from all seats. The traction is great. Drove in a couple of snow storms and had no trouble, handled very well. Good looking car. I get favorable comments all the time. Came with hte Sirrus radio, when it came time to renew I didn't. Didn't realize it was so expensive. The mp3 plugin takes the place of the Sirrus radio very well.

Ford Edge is a great value
By Tigger on 03/10/08 23:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ford Edge is a great value for a roomy 5 passanger crossover suv. I have a large carseat in the center backseat, and I can still fit two adults pretty comfortably back there. Good Leg/head room. It is a fun car to drive. It has smooth strong exelleration. Easy to park. Even in tight mall parking lots, its very nible. MPG's are pretty good on the highway, when I'm on cruse I get about 25mpg. The crossovers I was considering were: Acadia, Murano, and FX35. I think the Edge is the best looking externally. The interior is not the best of the bunch, but is funtional, comfortable, and well put together.

Edge: Great Car, average navigation system
By dfayad on 03/03/08 09:06 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really love the car. Bought it on a trip to Maryland for a wedding. I really like the comfort, handling, and ride. Lots of bells and whistles, too I hate the navigation system. My little Garmin 550c is much, much better. I would highly recommend not buying the navigation system, if possible. You are better off with a portable model like the Garmin. The Sirius radio is wonderful as is the rest of the sound package. The speakers are average. The tire system detects low pressure in your tires. This is a good feature, however, it is too sensitive. Quick changes in weather can cause the system to activate. All in all, a very nice car with lots of fun things.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.