2007 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Good and Bad Edge
By Florida Momma on 07/15/08 12:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the Edge last March and have been very happy, with just a couple of exceptions. The gas mileage is horrible. Granted, I live in Tampa and drive in the worst possible traffic, but Ford promised 18-22 MPG and I'm lucky to get 14, and truly blessed to get 15. During the buying process, I turned my nose up at crossovers that avertised less than 18, and here I am getting 14 anyway. Also, I now have to replace my 2nd blinker bulb after 1.5 years. I've never had to change a blinker bulb in my life before, and now this is twice in one year on the same car. Worries me a little on the rest of the quality. Time will tell.

Great car
By Len on 06/30/08 11:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I have had this vehicle for almost a year and a half. Not one problem. It's never been back to the dealership. Handles great rides like a car. One the best new vehicles we've owned.

Love my Edge
By razorang40 on 06/15/08 19:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We went from an Explorer to an Edge and oh my gosh we love it. Don''t have to climb up to get in it. Gas is a lot cheaper to fill it up and all so much better on the mileage over all. I would give this Edge my best reviews. Love the ride, smooth and hugs the road well. I have yet to find a fault with it and I hope that I don't because I really love my new cross over Edge.

Over-priced Piece of Junk!!!!!
By XCThinker on 06/15/08 16:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Did lots of research and thought Ford was really becoming competitive with foreign auto brands...WRONG!!! From day one, something was not right with my Edge. The headlights were cracked from the inside upon purchase. At 5000 miles, the transmission felt off - searching for gears, excessive shifting. When the OD, it struggled and revved too high. At 8000 miles the tranny blew while I was driving on a mountain pass - I lost total control of the vehicle and was forced to use the E break to pull off the road. The tranny was replaced, but at 16000 miles it was dripping oil from the tranny again - this time an axle rod. I told Ford I didn't feel safe & was treated like an annoyance.

So much fun to drive
By jholl on 06/13/08 14:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I went from a Honda Odyssey to the Ford Edge and I could not be happier. I am always being asked if I like the car or not by admirers and I can't stop raving about it. I had transmission problems with the Honda since day one but my Edge is a year and a half and it runs perfectly. I am happy to buy an American car from now on after this purchase.

Overall good
By Chris on 06/04/08 22:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The ride is excellent, enough room for my family. Mileage not very good. around 15-17 mpg in 100% city driving. Power is good and ride comfort is excellent. No wind noise no outside noise. Leather very nice. Overall very pleased with everything except gas mileage.

Living on the edge
By RICK on 05/21/08 19:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Edge is fun to drive, smooth, quiet and very good looking. We have been in stores and resturants and had people talk about our car. They like it too! I have been buying Fords since 1981 and this Edge is the best yet.

Here's a winner
By F.Michael on 05/10/08 04:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wife, 7 week old son, & I enjoy our little road-trips in the Edge. Cruising 70 to 75 mph isn't a problem courtesy of the 6 speed auto transmission. Solid build quality gives the feeling you're in a safe/well built crossover. Front-wheel drive is all that's needed (live in snowy WI). Very nice all around vehicle!

A little dissapointed
By Nef on 05/08/08 13:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This CUV is excellent looking, and very nice, we got the car and loved it, we had an Expedition before so we decide to go for better gas mileage. Well, its been a year since we bought it and I'm not impressed with it. I'm very forgiving when it comes to rating cars, the little blemishes found on the brand new car shouldn't been there. For an example, the door handles had a little mat in the cavity to cover up the bolt showing was gone the first time we vacummed the car, cheap and not the best way to design the car. The plastic covers in the back gate (lift gate) comes off when I close the gate. No foot rest for the driver.

Great CUV
By Okie_Edge on 05/06/08 08:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car rides great. Smooth on the highway with good acceleration when needed. Getting 20-21 mpg city and higway driving.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.