2007 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Love at First Drive
By judymac on 02/11/09 06:34 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Fell in love with this car the first time I drove it. Unfortunately did not wait for the 2008 model (would have loved to have Sync). Mileage is good for the size; controls are relatively easy; plenty of space for myself and family. Drives well on mountain roads. Mileage averages around 20 mpg with most of my driving done on mountain roads and city streets.

Great Vehicle!!! First Ford Ever Owned!!
By Kiese on 02/09/09 19:46 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We recently purchased our Edge and couldnt be happier. We are averaging what i feel to be a good mpg of 20+ mpgs with close to 50/50 mixed driving and a wife who has a lead foot. Family feels extremely safe inside our Edge and has more room than they know what to do with. First Ford vehicle either of us has owned and we just might be owning more in the future. Very Happy Ford, Keep up the great work!

What a great solid vehicle
By Mark on 02/08/09 17:54 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent vehicle. Handles and feels very solid. Rides like a Lincoln or a Caddy. I have a family of 4 and there is so much room. As we test drove before purchase I sat in the back seat while the wife drove it...the leg room in the back seats is unbelievable.

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl)
By Amanda on 02/04/09 12:59 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have also had the Power Take-off Unit (PTU) replaced in my vehicle along with metal that was in my transmission, oil leak. Just recently i was on a steep hill and my car drifted ever so slightly backward and the transmission made a horrible sound and the whole car shut off and all my lights came on. I do love the car and its great in the snow but transmission and mechanically it's bad. I never had an issue with other Fords. Just disappointed because it is a beautiful car.

So Happy!
By noodles on 01/24/09 19:34 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Edge is so comfortable, great for our family of four. 2 boys, 11 & 14 they need a lot of space to stretch out. My husband is 6'4 and 300 lbs and he's comfy. We got the black paint w/the black leather interior, sweet. Its gorgeous. Love the navagation system, sr, cd player and tons of pre-sets for everything. Heated seats, dual climate controls. Smooth ride. The car handles pretty well, not as tough as I thought in the snow but I didn't get the AWD. There is a button to press for slippery cond's, that does help. Super quiet inside. Great package inside and out. 20,000 miles, cert. pre-owned with 100,000 m warranty. 120 miles on 1/2 a tank, no complaints on gas mileage.

Lemon
By vmorin on 01/05/09 17:11 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Vehicle is a lemon. Avoid purchasing. Returned 5 times for ptu unit leak. Oil leak so bad caused engine fire. Back from garage less than a week and leaking again. Transmission needs replacement, shudders and rolls backwards on hills. Rear hatch panels seperated from vehicle- twice before being replaced. Gas miliage not even close to advertised. Worst vehicle I have ever owned (6 prior)

An Absolute Lemon! I miss my Escape!
By BB on 12/24/08 16:10 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the Ford Edge for two months and it only has 22000 km. It has been in the shop numerous times. The drive shaft, a wheel bearing and parts of the Vista roof have all been replaced. I took it in again because there was an odd woooooo noise at exactly 90 km and 40km. Was told it's "tire noise" ( Continental Cross Contacts) I was driving yesterday and the vehicle just lost power in the middle of traffic. The ABS , powertrain and anti slip lights all came on. A faulty sensor? I now wait for some part to come up from the US. Numerous unexplained noises, poor braking, Ice builds up on the inside of the vista roof. It's terrible in the snow. I want my Escape back!

Ford Edge SEL
By ELR on 12/11/08 13:06 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My Ford Edge is the best car I have owned. On the road, I get between 24 and 27 mpg when driving 65. I have not had one problem since I purchased the car. Ford has improved the quality and reliabilty of their cars.

Ford Edge Problems
By Jason on 12/07/08 18:11 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If you are looking for a headache of an SUV, do purchase the Ford Edge. I have actually sued Ford and won under the lemon law statutes from this vehicle continually being in the shop multiple occurances. (as of writing this, my Edge has been in the shop a total of 38 days) Six times to get the power door locks to work. I just got the vehicle back out of the shop for a leaking transmission seal for the fifth occurence. They have replaced the transaxle, ptu shaft, changed the seal 5 times. It has lots of rattles. The vista sunroof assembly had to be completely removed and replaced. I should have known better when drving the vehicle home, and the trim falls off on the sunroof.

Good experience
By rog on 10/06/08 22:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Fun to drive, great in snow. Only complaints, seat belt hard to attach and the blind spots at both rear corners. Gas mileage could be a little better. 22.5 and 15.5. Overall very happy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.