Used 2007 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Ford Warranty
By stahjam

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Edge is a good overall vehicle. Major complaints - CD changer broke, should never be sold in anything - old Delphi junk. 36,000 mile warranty too short compared to other cars available. Cheap Mazda/Ford rotors rusted after 18 months, but I was over the mileage warranty, so I paid $200 for replacement. Just received Ford recall that the coolant system may cause engine damage. Overall-not a bad vehicle if you buy low end model. Not sure if it's worth it for the fit/finish/warranty and lack of quality in the SEL/Limited versions. When this one is paid for, probably won't purchase another Ford until they improve warranty. I sent my concerns to Ford and received no help.

AWD

Better warranty, better stereo (no Delphi junk), improve fit and finish at assembly,

windsheild glare
By jason

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I did not buy this car my wife did before I met her. I like the edge alot it is a roomy fun to drive crossover the gas could be better and my main complaint is while driving sometimes the glare from the front wind shield is really bad it seems like ford didn't really test it all that well before production. I have thought of buying a dash mat to cut the glare. I can deal with the not so great mpg we don't drive a real lot.

roomy, good acceleration and sharp looking

wind shield glare and mpg

CRAPola
By crappola

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This has been a huge disappointment. this is the first American car I have ever bought brand new. * air conditioner is sadly inadequate. * wheel bearings went out at 35000 miles * recall on valve stems on tires * recall on heater core transmission NEEDS a recall. Been having trouble with transmission (as many others have) since 30000 miles. No one can fix it or they seem clueless. Now my warranty has run out on transmission.

seats are very comfortable and that's all I can say.

recall transmission

Good reliable compromise vehicle
By melhof

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle for $20,400 NEW in 2007. Thus far it has performed without any problems. Great interior room, a true three adult rear seat with good travel comfort. Mileage as advertised, but less than desired. Replaced factory radio with double DIN CD/DVD/receiver and speakers. Also considered replacing cloth with aftermarket leather. Could have had a near luxury vehicle for an investment of less than $23000. If you buy one at a reasonable price, you will not be disappointed. Skip the pricy options. Vehicle comes with everything you need, even traction control. Seats are comfortable and adjust easily. Rear seat folds with a single lever. Roomy, stylish, comfortable, quiet, stable.

rear seatback folds flat with a single lever.

Mileage needs improvement.

Good for the long haul!
By DC2NY

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Edge 1/09. I got it used with about 31k miles on it. The only problem with it was a noise coming from the gas tank. Once I let the dealership know, they took care of it free of charge to me. They said that it was the mechanism that keeps us from hearing the gasoline moving back and forth in the tank. Mine was loose and making lots of noise. No problems now!!! I travel to New York about twice a month and this is one sturdy and comfortable ride. The back seats recline some and the front seats are just wonderful. There is ample space in the back for luggage. Other than the gas tank issue, this has been a great experience thus far!

Volume control on steering wheel.

Better miles per gallon!