2007 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Stalls
By Ingrid on 08/11/09 09:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My Edge has stalled on me several times usually @ stop lights and the Dealer can't find anything wrong with it.Does anybody have the same problem? The tires are very noisy (Hancook)and I had a rear bearing replaced already.

Ford Catches Up
By Rich9294 on 06/22/09 18:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first U.S car that I have owned that equals Honda in quality. It is a safe car, with good handling and a good ride.

Way to go Ford!!
By Doug on 06/06/09 21:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Nav is kinda lousy. The rear dvd is awesome. Heated seats are insanly awesome. Love toasty buns. Motors right along. Looks better with 20's.

Dealership has vehicle more than me
By Sue on 05/31/09 14:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I received my Edge in May 2007. Vehicle was great until January 2008, when it started leaking transmission fluid. Brought to the dealership they told me nothing was leaking. I had to ride with windows down in January in Maine. They replaced seals in the differtial many times. The transmission has been replaced. Still leaking. Ford rep finally looked a the vehicle and they are replacing everything again. If this doesn't work they say they will buy the vehicle back. The vista roof also stuck open in a rain storm. Not fun!! The dealership had the vehicle for three weeks, during the repair they dented the roof, drivers door, and scrathed the doors on the inside. Dealership not helpful

Do not purchase 2007 Edge
By MM on 05/20/09 19:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The oil is constantly leaking have had the car in the shop multiple times, they can never find it or say that it doesn't need to be filled all the way for the transmission, then my panoramic sun roof exploded/shattered over my head one night driving down the road, nothing hit it and there were no other cars/trees, just shattered, scared me to death. Shock on right side leaking, smoking, fixed, not fixed, lost part, not the right part, what other excuse could Ford give. This is my first and last Ford, oh and the paint has bubbled on the drivers side door and the door lock on that side will never unlock with automatic unlock and they say it needs oil, ha that doesn't work either

BEST SUV FOR THE MONEY
By Jason on 05/13/09 14:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle shows the direction Ford is going. Better interiors, high quality and still amazing performance. This makes it a winner. I think any Dad would love this as a very safe, fun and versicle package. This car received the highest score for safety. Believe me once someone hits you and you are in a car accident you will check this every time before making a decision on a car for you and you family. Safest CUV available. I think any young or fun couple with love to have this in their garage.

Hard Plastic Interior Hard to Love
By Rich Carlson on 03/20/09 18:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought an SEL+ in Creme Brulee, loaded with all the options including the panorama roof and navigation system. I traded in a 2004 Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 for the Edge. Compared to the Explorer I like the ride, lower step in height, better mileage, and roomy back seat. On the downside the interior of the Edge is a sea of hard plastic and poorly styled interior elements; compare the front interior door panel of the Edge to a Saturn Outlook and you will see what I mean. The interior is way to cheap and cold feeling for a $35,000 car. The navigation system is good, but not great.

Would not recommend this car
By Brandus40 on 03/14/09 22:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My Edge is currently being serviced for it's fourth transmission seal and second PTU Assembly. Soon after purchase the interior began to rattle and reveal the cheap material and poor workmanship. The brakes perform poorly and the car continues to pull to the left for no reason. The dealer and Ford offer no support except to tell me the transmission problems are a known Edge defect. AWD is great in the winter, it's quiet, and the engine is powerful. Average 18 mpg. When not in the garage it's a fun car to drive.

transmission
By yvette desprez on 03/06/09 07:41 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

december 18th 2008 I purchased a 2007 ford edge. i have enormous problem with the transmission

Not happy!
By Pat B on 02/20/09 17:22 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle in Aug 08. In Dec 08 discovered a leak found out that this would be the 3rd time the seal would be replaced. They replaced the PTU-got back after 8 days. In Jan 09 started leaking worse than before, had to drive with the window down the smell was so bad. Finally got it back yesterday after 17 days. Replaced PTU and axle shaft. To make matter worse the gas mileage is "awful. When I first got it best I got was 14mpg - since it got cold try 8-9mpg. Dealer told me there is bad gas around here. Give me a break! I might as well drive our 97 3/4 ton pickup that usually gets around 10-12. I should have spent the extra money and got the GMC Acadia.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.