Used 2007 Ford Edge SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Great, but
By CliffsEdge

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We own or have owned 2 competing vehicles this year. Picked the Edge based on payment & 98% on looks. My 07' Hyundai Santa Fe & 08' Hyundai Veracruz are leagues above the Edge in build quality, refinement & pamper level. Edge is quite quick, handles nice. Lots of looks, comments from other drivers. But if one doesn't care so much about looks, the Santa Fe or Veracruz are simply night & day in quietness, refinement, smoothness & quality. A difference likened between Toyota Rav4 VS BMW X5 V8. The Edge is nice to drive & acceptable. The Hyundai's are simply impressive every time you drive them. I'd have to say they are 3 - 5 tiers above the Edge.

Favorite Features

Looks, price, stereo, smooth shifting, quick.

Suggested Improvements

The motor is loud & raspy. Ford V6's always sound like they have Sand in them, as do Toyota's / Honda's. The sound is maddening! People who say this vehicle is really quiet simply have not owned a higher grade vehicle. The chassis, wheels & motor are not isolated like Hyundai, Lexus or BMW

Nice car- sweet design
By Jenkcool

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It has a great feel of the road. Very stable, feels very solid. The road noise is at a minumum. It has plenty of room.

6 speed tranny
By johny

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the six speed transmission and the low noise and smooth ride. fast pick up and passing. I wish I would of bought awd and more gadgets like temp readings, auto temp control. better sound system.

This vehicle is a winner
By Barb Erb

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just purchased our Edge, SE basic edition, about 2 weeks ago. What a fun machine to drive! We found it to be quite nimble in turns, light and quick on the accelerator, and an interior so quiet, my husband turned off the engine and restarted it because he couldn't hear it! Solid, roomy, comfortable, I like it every bit as much as I did my Expedition, but easier to smile at the gas station now! Still has the creature comforts we like, power door locks, windows, DVD, at a nice, no-frill price.

Favorite Features

Quiet interior, nimble handling, great curb appeal! Service great at our dealership with some extras we added!

Suggested Improvements

Door pillars are wide, seems there should be a way to thin them a bit without sacrificing the side curtain airbags. Other than that, perfect!

Great Vehicle
By TOM

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This has been an excellent vehicle to drive. The handling is that of car in an SUV body. I drive 30,000 miles per year for work and this has been the best vehicle my company has ever bought for me.