Used 2007 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 186 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Nice at first until a part breaks
By jessokk

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Ford Edge 8 months ago with 38,000 miles and loved it until the vista sunroof "broke" for no reason. The service technician just said the part malfunctioned....
Ford is charging $5,000 for the vista roof track alone!
That is absolutely ridiculous!!
There is no way that part costs that much.
But there is nothing I can do other than pay the cost to get it fixed or leave it closed.
That is certainly not a well manufactured vehicle. I highly recommend that you go elsewhere for a vehicle that will not simple break and you are stuck with the bill.

I also read other reviews that people had problems with the sunroof. They indicated significant costs as well. I suggest Ford recall the roof track or make a better product.

problems with transmission, traction control
By ziffercom

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought mine 9 months ago with 40,000 miles. It has been to the dealer three times for transmission fluid leaks and twice for apparently random activation of traction control while drving about 60 mph and causing sudden deceleration -- not a good thing on an interstate! Two dealers could not recreate the traction control issue and told me to take it home. Looking to trade it in.

Love this crossover!
By Anonymous

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my Edge for over a year now and love it! I went from a 2 door Explorer Sport to the Edge SEL and am very pleased with my purchase. This is my everyday drive and I average at least 22 mpg - better than the 16 I was getting with the explorer. We had a few good snows last winter and I had zero problems getting around and boy does the heater work! Over the summer the AC was able to keep up with the Kansas heat and humidity. The interior is roomy - two adults + two teens is not cramped. Has more get up and go than the explorer so passing us not an issue. Would have liked the auto lift gate but fro the $, the 07 was best for us.

Love driving this vehicle.

Steering wheel controls
By Rick Jas

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this vehicle used and tried to take in for a the steering wheel controls not working properly. The Volume control changes channels and increases volume when you try to reduce volume. Also the seat belt recoil is so strong it has created dents in my door panel. All in all its a good car but minor simple issue Ford still has an issue with. They need to spend more time on the minor issues that frustrate consumers constantly. BTW - I was 12 days past my warranty and they refused to work with me. Make sure all take the cars in at the end of warranty to address none advertised warranty issues. My car had a list that will now not be covered.

Handling

Loosen the seat belt recoil to eliminate door panel issues. The graphics on the map display are too dim and the wash out in sunlight is terrible. Map data is out of date and too many keys to hit to accept routing.

2007 Ford Edge Pros & Cons
By joeohio

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car with 25,000 miles from a GM dealership. I enjoy driving the car and like its looks. Very roomy inside for front and rear occupants and I am a big guy. Storage area behind the second row seats is somewhat small, probably because I had a minivan before. I have had to have the left rear wheel hub/bearing and the right front bearing replaced. An occasional hesitation has developed when climbing gradual grades at a constant speed. I thought this was related to the front wheel bearing because it stopped for a few weeks after having the bad front bearing replaced. It has now returned. I don't think it is an engine problem, more likely tranny or drivetrain. 55K miles now

Design, size, interior room, AWD

An extended version. It would be great to have another 12" to 20" in the rear storage area. Better designed weatherstripping over the top of the side rear passenger doors