Used 2007 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

problems with transmission, traction control
By ziffercom

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought mine 9 months ago with 40,000 miles. It has been to the dealer three times for transmission fluid leaks and twice for apparently random activation of traction control while drving about 60 mph and causing sudden deceleration -- not a good thing on an interstate! Two dealers could not recreate the traction control issue and told me to take it home. Looking to trade it in.

Love this crossover!
By Anonymous

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my Edge for over a year now and love it! I went from a 2 door Explorer Sport to the Edge SEL and am very pleased with my purchase. This is my everyday drive and I average at least 22 mpg - better than the 16 I was getting with the explorer. We had a few good snows last winter and I had zero problems getting around and boy does the heater work! Over the summer the AC was able to keep up with the Kansas heat and humidity. The interior is roomy - two adults + two teens is not cramped. Has more get up and go than the explorer so passing us not an issue. Would have liked the auto lift gate but fro the $, the 07 was best for us.

Favorite Features

Love driving this vehicle.

Steering wheel controls
By Rick Jas

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this vehicle used and tried to take in for a the steering wheel controls not working properly. The Volume control changes channels and increases volume when you try to reduce volume. Also the seat belt recoil is so strong it has created dents in my door panel. All in all its a good car but minor simple issue Ford still has an issue with. They need to spend more time on the minor issues that frustrate consumers constantly. BTW - I was 12 days past my warranty and they refused to work with me. Make sure all take the cars in at the end of warranty to address none advertised warranty issues. My car had a list that will now not be covered.

Favorite Features

Handling

Suggested Improvements

Loosen the seat belt recoil to eliminate door panel issues. The graphics on the map display are too dim and the wash out in sunlight is terrible. Map data is out of date and too many keys to hit to accept routing.

2007 Ford Edge Pros & Cons
By joeohio

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car with 25,000 miles from a GM dealership. I enjoy driving the car and like its looks. Very roomy inside for front and rear occupants and I am a big guy. Storage area behind the second row seats is somewhat small, probably because I had a minivan before. I have had to have the left rear wheel hub/bearing and the right front bearing replaced. An occasional hesitation has developed when climbing gradual grades at a constant speed. I thought this was related to the front wheel bearing because it stopped for a few weeks after having the bad front bearing replaced. It has now returned. I don't think it is an engine problem, more likely tranny or drivetrain. 55K miles now

Favorite Features

Design, size, interior room, AWD

Suggested Improvements

An extended version. It would be great to have another 12" to 20" in the rear storage area. Better designed weatherstripping over the top of the side rear passenger doors

Never Again
By Never Again

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm so disappointed that I will not buy a Ford again. Too many problems for a new car, especially the air conditioning! So much for buying American. What an upset.

Favorite Features

I do like how roomy it is. Comfortable also.