2007 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Ford is really stepping it up
By twally on 08/14/10 10:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for about three weeks 1,200 miles about 40/60 city/highway and I absolutely love it. The car is very roomy for a 6'2 260 lb man and the seats are awesome. I was very skeptical about all the bad things about the gas mileage and I have only increased in mileage since I have owned the car. I am averaging about 20 mpg or so.

Oh what bad MPG this gets!!
By Doug on 08/12/10 06:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Well lets just say it won't be winning any awards for gas consumption. I love the look and the comfort of the edge. We have nav and the whole 9 yards but it such bad gas mileage it sits in the yard a lot and we take the Camry. Too bad.

Best vehicle I ever owned
By Ray on 05/18/10 12:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the vehicle for about a month now. The comfort is fantastic. It rides so smooth. The sliding top window is so large and really great!! I have always been a GM man and never again will I waist my time with a GM product. I now have 2 fords and wish I could afford another Edge. This is simply a great vehicle. I really love the GPS system, a lot better that a Garmin. The sound system is great also. I love everything about the vehicle.

I am leasing another!
By Paul on 04/03/10 15:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

the car is the best value and fun for the money in the crossover field. Beats the Lexus, BMW, ant the rest! Drive one! Take turns, bumps, accelerate in it!

Gas Eater
By Jeff on 03/01/10 15:20 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought this car and it is one of the most beautiful cars around. You have to have the right color combination to appreciate that statement. I think it is a great car, but extremely disappointed in the mpg. I have tested it twice now and it comes up at 12.8 miles per gallon. Anyone else have that problem or do you think there is something seriously wrong with the car?

Ford Warranty
By stahjam on 12/17/09 11:10 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Edge is a good overall vehicle. Major complaints - CD changer broke, should never be sold in anything - old Delphi junk. 36,000 mile warranty too short compared to other cars available. Cheap Mazda/Ford rotors rusted after 18 months, but I was over the mileage warranty, so I paid $200 for replacement. Just received Ford recall that the coolant system may cause engine damage. Overall-not a bad vehicle if you buy low end model. Not sure if it's worth it for the fit/finish/warranty and lack of quality in the SEL/Limited versions. When this one is paid for, probably won't purchase another Ford until they improve warranty. I sent my concerns to Ford and received no help.

windsheild glare
By jason on 12/13/09 05:53 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I did not buy this car my wife did before I met her. I like the edge alot it is a roomy fun to drive crossover the gas could be better and my main complaint is while driving sometimes the glare from the front wind shield is really bad it seems like ford didn't really test it all that well before production. I have thought of buying a dash mat to cut the glare. I can deal with the not so great mpg we don't drive a real lot.

CRAPola
By crappola on 12/06/09 07:13 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This has been a huge disappointment. this is the first American car I have ever bought brand new. * air conditioner is sadly inadequate. * wheel bearings went out at 35000 miles * recall on valve stems on tires * recall on heater core transmission NEEDS a recall. Been having trouble with transmission (as many others have) since 30000 miles. No one can fix it or they seem clueless. Now my warranty has run out on transmission.

Good reliable compromise vehicle
By melhof on 11/29/09 10:58 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle for $20,400 NEW in 2007. Thus far it has performed without any problems. Great interior room, a true three adult rear seat with good travel comfort. Mileage as advertised, but less than desired. Replaced factory radio with double DIN CD/DVD/receiver and speakers. Also considered replacing cloth with aftermarket leather. Could have had a near luxury vehicle for an investment of less than $23000. If you buy one at a reasonable price, you will not be disappointed. Skip the pricy options. Vehicle comes with everything you need, even traction control. Seats are comfortable and adjust easily. Rear seat folds with a single lever. Roomy, stylish, comfortable, quiet, stable.

Good for the long haul!
By DC2NY on 08/31/09 08:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Edge 1/09. I got it used with about 31k miles on it. The only problem with it was a noise coming from the gas tank. Once I let the dealership know, they took care of it free of charge to me. They said that it was the mechanism that keeps us from hearing the gasoline moving back and forth in the tank. Mine was loose and making lots of noise. No problems now!!! I travel to New York about twice a month and this is one sturdy and comfortable ride. The back seats recline some and the front seats are just wonderful. There is ample space in the back for luggage. Other than the gas tank issue, this has been a great experience thus far!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.