2007 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Great, but
By CliffsEdge on 12/15/07 18:34 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We own or have owned 2 competing vehicles this year. Picked the Edge based on payment & 98% on looks. My 07' Hyundai Santa Fe & 08' Hyundai Veracruz are leagues above the Edge in build quality, refinement & pamper level. Edge is quite quick, handles nice. Lots of looks, comments from other drivers. But if one doesn't care so much about looks, the Santa Fe or Veracruz are simply night & day in quietness, refinement, smoothness & quality. A difference likened between Toyota Rav4 VS BMW X5 V8. The Edge is nice to drive & acceptable. The Hyundai's are simply impressive every time you drive them. I'd have to say they are 3 - 5 tiers above the Edge.

Nice car- sweet design
By Jenkcool on 12/14/07 04:36 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It has a great feel of the road. Very stable, feels very solid. The road noise is at a minumum. It has plenty of room.

6 speed tranny
By johny on 11/27/07 20:53 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the six speed transmission and the low noise and smooth ride. fast pick up and passing. I wish I would of bought awd and more gadgets like temp readings, auto temp control. better sound system.

This vehicle is a winner
By Barb Erb on 11/22/07 03:56 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just purchased our Edge, SE basic edition, about 2 weeks ago. What a fun machine to drive! We found it to be quite nimble in turns, light and quick on the accelerator, and an interior so quiet, my husband turned off the engine and restarted it because he couldn't hear it! Solid, roomy, comfortable, I like it every bit as much as I did my Expedition, but easier to smile at the gas station now! Still has the creature comforts we like, power door locks, windows, DVD, at a nice, no-frill price.

Great Vehicle
By TOM on 11/04/07 09:16 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This has been an excellent vehicle to drive. The handling is that of car in an SUV body. I drive 30,000 miles per year for work and this has been the best vehicle my company has ever bought for me.

So Glad I Drove the Edge
By Melissa Dojcak on 10/25/07 09:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was pleasantly surprised after test driving this car. I honestly never thought I would buy an American car. I love my Edge. It's roomy both in the front and rear. It's very easy to see out as well.

Best Ford Ever!
By toothfairy on 10/19/07 08:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a dealer demo and a great price and we couldnt be happier! This car drives and rides better than BMW or Lexus! I drove to NC (over mountains) and got over 25mpg! Have owned Ford for over 14 years and this is the best one yet! My parents drove it when we got it and went out 2 days later and bought one, and someone my husband works with test drove it and went out the next day and bought his wife one! This CUV is quiet and has no trouble with pick-up or speed. A real family vehicle and you feel like you are driving a sports car! Test drive one...you wont be sorry!

Shake it up
By kristi green on 09/04/07 15:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Edge is a nice enough vehicle, however try to drive it with the back windows down. You will experience a "shake" like no other. The vibration in the vehicle is so bad the interior door panels shake visibly. Ford acknowledges the problem with a service advisory that states there is no servce at this time. The dealership wants nothing to do with your issue after they receive your money and the solution is don't try to drive it with only the back windows down. Ford states they will not set a precident on this issue with a trade in certificate therefore, your will be stuck.

What a Change from Escape to Edge
By Ken Smith on 09/01/07 17:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a difference from my orginal 06 Ford Escape Hybrid to a 07 Ford Edge, Ride is excellent and power is great, could have tuned engine better for better gas mileage, but I will give up the 3 or 4 miles over my Escape, Hybrid. With the Edge I will have the A/C always on, with the Hybrid you loose the A/C on Hybrid mode, Beware. Towing was real easy and with the all wheel drive a breeze with getting the boat out of the water. Styling has got allot of eyes looking at it and saying what is that and when I say a Ford, they say no way with that style. I would suggest test driving and seeing for yourself.

Love it!
By Josh on 08/22/07 15:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought mine a month ago, and I love this car more and more every day. I have had no problems. It drives well, feels tight, great looking exterior, and tasteful interior with buttons in all the right places. This is my second Ford, but won't be my last.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.