Used 2007 Ford Edge SE Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Expected more
By lauln

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had the vehicle just over a year. Like the space, styling, ride, color (redfire),and handling. Feels great to drive. But a lot of cheap plastic. Unprotected metal seat glides have sharp edges. Seatbelt detectors balatantly visible. From day 1 it has drifted/pulled to the left. Taken in numerous times, told that's just the way it is. Helicopter effect takes some getting used to even with front windows open. Deep console is OK but you need to take everything out to get to the lower layer. Cloth seats seem "utilitarian", like my old cheap truck. Hate dark interiors so I like the stone color. Lincoln's very is overkill. Wonder what a Mercury version would have been like.

Ride height, visibility, and looks. At a time when so many vehicles look alike, at least you know what it is coming and going. (Although new 3bar grille on its Fusion and Taurus' do look alike. Great leg room front and back. (Who needs a 3rd row of seats?)

The old thin green letters and numbers on radio/clock/dials are hard to read in sunlight. Should have bluish like other new Fords and Chevys. Wish rear seats folded completly flat. Better gas mileage! Not near estimated. Better dealer followup and knowledge of the vehicle. Cargo net would be nice.

Disappointment
By bradylady

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Big disappointment fuel mileage is really bad - never topped 18 mpg even on road trips. We have been big Ford fans for a long time but this is most likely my last one. Locked the car at the post office and could not get the driver's door to unlock - had to go to passenger side and reach across to unlock from inside. Materials in cabin have a really cheap feel. Air conditioner will not keep car cool in Texas heat. Give me back my Expedition. I gave up a lot to get 2 more miles out of a gallon of gas.

Good and Bad Edge
By Florida Momma

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the Edge last March and have been very happy, with just a couple of exceptions. The gas mileage is horrible. Granted, I live in Tampa and drive in the worst possible traffic, but Ford promised 18-22 MPG and I'm lucky to get 14, and truly blessed to get 15. During the buying process, I turned my nose up at crossovers that avertised less than 18, and here I am getting 14 anyway. Also, I now have to replace my 2nd blinker bulb after 1.5 years. I've never had to change a blinker bulb in my life before, and now this is twice in one year on the same car. Worries me a little on the rest of the quality. Time will tell.

Interior and exterior have beautiful designs. Interior very comfortable. Feels solid and safe.

Gas mileage! Also, it's probably an option, but I really need a cargo net. My groceries flop all over the place.

Here's a winner
By F.Michael

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wife, 7 week old son, & I enjoy our little road-trips in the Edge. Cruising 70 to 75 mph isn't a problem courtesy of the 6 speed auto transmission. Solid build quality gives the feeling you're in a safe/well built crossover. Front-wheel drive is all that's needed (live in snowy WI). Very nice all around vehicle!

Ample amounts of power under your right foot when needed. Spacious cabin for those seated. Comfortable ride. Respectable fuel economy (22/23 hwy at 75 mph).

Cargo area in back could use some more space, but then again it's not a mini- van, nor a truck. Turbo-diesel option would be very nice.

Fun Factor
By Kilokid

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this vehicle for 3 mos and I can tell you I love it. I drove a 1998 Lincoln Mark VII before and it just wasn't for me. I'm retired and I needed a vehicle that would take four guys with golf bags to the course. Well this Ford Edge is perfect for that. We all sit in comfort and quiet. We can have a normal conversation at 70 mph with having to raise our voice. Two of my golfing buddies drive the Lexus RX 330 and both say their next car will be the Edge.

Quiet, comfortable, peppy, and looks great. The size is just right for my needs.

Better gas mileage.