2007 Ford Edge SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2007 Edge Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Sort Reviews by

Great, but
By CliffsEdge

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We own or have owned 2 competing vehicles this year. Picked the Edge based on payment & 98% on looks. My 07' Hyundai Santa Fe & 08' Hyundai Veracruz are leagues above the Edge in build quality, refinement & pamper level. Edge is quite quick, handles nice. Lots of looks, comments from other drivers. But if one doesn't care so much about looks, the Santa Fe or Veracruz are simply night & day in quietness, refinement, smoothness & quality. A difference likened between Toyota Rav4 VS BMW X5 V8. The Edge is nice to drive & acceptable. The Hyundai's are simply impressive every time you drive them. I'd have to say they are 3 - 5 tiers above the Edge.

Favorite Features

Looks, price, stereo, smooth shifting, quick.

Suggested Improvements

The motor is loud & raspy. Ford V6's always sound like they have Sand in them, as do Toyota's / Honda's. The sound is maddening! People who say this vehicle is really quiet simply have not owned a higher grade vehicle. The chassis, wheels & motor are not isolated like Hyundai, Lexus or BMW

Nice car- sweet design
By Jenkcool

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It has a great feel of the road. Very stable, feels very solid. The road noise is at a minumum. It has plenty of room.

6 speed tranny
By johny

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the six speed transmission and the low noise and smooth ride. fast pick up and passing. I wish I would of bought awd and more gadgets like temp readings, auto temp control. better sound system.

This vehicle is a winner
By Barb Erb

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just purchased our Edge, SE basic edition, about 2 weeks ago. What a fun machine to drive! We found it to be quite nimble in turns, light and quick on the accelerator, and an interior so quiet, my husband turned off the engine and restarted it because he couldn't hear it! Solid, roomy, comfortable, I like it every bit as much as I did my Expedition, but easier to smile at the gas station now! Still has the creature comforts we like, power door locks, windows, DVD, at a nice, no-frill price.

Favorite Features

Quiet interior, nimble handling, great curb appeal! Service great at our dealership with some extras we added!

Suggested Improvements

Door pillars are wide, seems there should be a way to thin them a bit without sacrificing the side curtain airbags. Other than that, perfect!

Great Vehicle
By TOM

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This has been an excellent vehicle to drive. The handling is that of car in an SUV body. I drive 30,000 miles per year for work and this has been the best vehicle my company has ever bought for me.

So Glad I Drove the Edge
By Melissa Dojcak

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was pleasantly surprised after test driving this car. I honestly never thought I would buy an American car. I love my Edge. It's roomy both in the front and rear. It's very easy to see out as well.

Favorite Features

Quiet ride, very comfortable. Both my husband and I are pretty tall individuals.

Suggested Improvements

A remote starter would be great.

Best Ford Ever!
By toothfairy

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a dealer demo and a great price and we couldnt be happier! This car drives and rides better than BMW or Lexus! I drove to NC (over mountains) and got over 25mpg! Have owned Ford for over 14 years and this is the best one yet! My parents drove it when we got it and went out 2 days later and bought one, and someone my husband works with test drove it and went out the next day and bought his wife one! This CUV is quiet and has no trouble with pick-up or speed. A real family vehicle and you feel like you are driving a sports car! Test drive one...you wont be sorry!

Favorite Features

The quietness, horsepower, roominess, sat radio, and looks

Suggested Improvements

A manual option. Would feel great to drive a manual with this car! Seats are a bit small, need more support under long legs, better MPG

Shake it up
By kristi green

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Edge is a nice enough vehicle, however try to drive it with the back windows down. You will experience a "shake" like no other. The vibration in the vehicle is so bad the interior door panels shake visibly. Ford acknowledges the problem with a service advisory that states there is no servce at this time. The dealership wants nothing to do with your issue after they receive your money and the solution is don't try to drive it with only the back windows down. Ford states they will not set a precident on this issue with a trade in certificate therefore, your will be stuck.

Suggested Improvements

Change the body style enough to compensate for the uncontrollable vibration

What a Change from Escape to Edge
By Ken Smith

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a difference from my orginal 06 Ford Escape Hybrid to a 07 Ford Edge, Ride is excellent and power is great, could have tuned engine better for better gas mileage, but I will give up the 3 or 4 miles over my Escape, Hybrid. With the Edge I will have the A/C always on, with the Hybrid you loose the A/C on Hybrid mode, Beware. Towing was real easy and with the all wheel drive a breeze with getting the boat out of the water. Styling has got allot of eyes looking at it and saying what is that and when I say a Ford, they say no way with that style. I would suggest test driving and seeing for yourself.

Favorite Features

Excellent power, great seats, simple but easy to use options

Suggested Improvements

Mirrors placed on different angle to see the curb when parking. Larger rear glass window for backing.

Love it!
By Josh

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought mine a month ago, and I love this car more and more every day. I have had no problems. It drives well, feels tight, great looking exterior, and tasteful interior with buttons in all the right places. This is my second Ford, but won't be my last.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine that cruises effortlessly at high speeds; looks; solid build quality.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could always be better, although I do get about 19.5 average with a lead foot. Redundant radio controls on the SE model would've been nice. A shelf in the rear like the new CRV has would add utility.